Options

Is Alex Jones the most boring person

dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Never thought I'd say this but welcome back Vanessa
Alex Jones going on about decorating for 2 days puts a new meaning to paint drying
It's like listening to my wife when I come home from work complete drivel imo

Comments

• Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    " The station never trys to bring in someone to out do the main presenter"
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member
    You wanna give Kate Garraway a try on Smooth. Compared to her Alex seems remarkably upbeat and interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »

They've certainly succeeded with that never liked Kate Garraway much either to be honest likeZoe Ball although as in another post she has been a bit stammers and mixed up this week
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    You wanna give Kate Garraway a try on Smooth. Compared to her Alex seems remarkably upbeat and interesting.

:D My thoughts as well.
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charisma is not Alex's strong point.
  • Options
    AmaraAmara Posts: 5,376
    Forum Member
    Well if they must put TV presenters on the radio what do they expect. I gave up on that slot when SK went.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amara wrote: »
    Well if they must put TV presenters on the radio what do they expect. I gave up on that slot when SK went.

I wonder what Sarah Kennedy doing now. Come back.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She likes to talk alot about herself. To be honest, she doesn't have a good radio voice for an early slot
  • Options
    ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    I'd just bin that show off and have Janice 12-3 and Alex Lester 3-6:30 - or maybe bring back a Round Midnight type show 11-1, Janice 1-4 and Lester 4-6:30
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Lester keeps it interesting good idea 3-6.30
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's been an interesting idea floating around for years. Or just have Janice 12-3am - Alex 3-6am, Chris 6-9am, Ken 9am-Noon. Scrap early breakfast.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member
    Alex Lester keeps it interesting good idea 3-6.30

Exactly what we have on Friday & next Monday.
    Personally I would include a proper late show like we used to have. 11pm-1am then Janice at 1am, Alex at 4am through till 6.30am and cut out the deadwood that is Vanessa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even could end Ken at 11.30 followed by Jeremy Vine and from 1 -3pm something before Steve Wright cuts it to the short show. :D
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »

You have just explained Richard Allinson's longevity.
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Exactly what we have on Friday & next Monday.
    Personally I would include a proper late show like we used to have. 11pm-1am then Janice at 1am, Alex at 4am through till 6.30am and cut out the deadwood that is Vanessa.

Or maybe swap Vanessa to that late show - if it is similar to previous Radio 2 late shows (i.e. music , chat, maybe newspaper previews) I think would suit her style.

As for the question of the thread - I've heard way more boring people on the radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dpb wrote: »
    Or maybe swap Vanessa to that late show - if it is similar to previous Radio 2 late shows (i.e. music , chat, maybe newspaper previews) I think would suit her style.

As for the question of the thread - I've heard way more boring people on the radio.

That would beneth her working late:-D
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    She likes to talk alot about herself. To be honest, she doesn't have a good radio voice for an early slot
    She doesn't have a good TV voice for an evening slot either. I can scarcely believe they put this person on radio in the early morning. An immediate switch right off without hesitation. :(
  • Options
    RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine replacing alex jones with the other alex jones ( conspiracy nut ). Far more , entertaining than the boring current alex jones.
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whaT ABOUT aLED joNES?
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try Andrew Castle if you find Aled Jones boring.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it is not possible for anyone to be more boring than Lester or Allinson? Though I suppose Dermot O'Dreary approaches it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Surely it is not possible for anyone to be more boring than Lester or Allinson? Though I suppose Dermot O'Dreary approaches it.

They an't boring
  • Options
    AmaraAmara Posts: 5,376
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Try Andrew Castle if you find Aled Jones boring.

Smooth breakfast is more boring than watching paint dry how on earth did Andrew Castle land the prime slot?
  • Options
    northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But isn't that what she was? Southern TV presenter promoted to LWT shows that then got a radio stint on the basis of her TV work. Did she work on radio before she started at Southern?
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smooth breakfast is more boring than watching paint dry how on earth did Andrew Castle land the prime slot?
    It must surely be an accident that he is on there doing that, and "sorry" just isn't enough. I think this is a case for "first4lawyers" so we can get justice for the trauma inflicted. Get chasing that ambulance!