Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,282
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    :o:cry:

I can't allow that to happen :p

I am starting to think you have a thing for Vas :o
    You do mention him loads :D

Just because you are ashamed at yourself for fancying Vaslav, don't think you can get away from it by directing the attention at me. Everyone on here knows that I consider Vaslav to be an equivalent of having a pet hamster.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    The Carters have a big plot, as does Patrick, Carols cancer plot is an ongoing one too.

Oh yeah, forgot about Carol's cancer plot. I like that storyline. It's not been at the forefront enough. I have to say, it's quite an unconventional cancer storyline as soaps don't usually explore the hereditary side of cancer. I found all the stuff about the cancer genes interesting.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Ben, tonights gonna be immense

Can't wait for the Beales
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Oh yeah, forgot about Carol's cancer plot. I like that storyline. It's not been at the forefront enough. I have to say, it's quite an unconventional cancer storyline as soaps don't usually explore the hereditary side of cancer. I found all the stuff about the cancer genes interesting.

Exactly. It's why I have faith that this is going to be an unconventional murder plot too. DTC knows what he is doing.
  • Seamus2008Seamus2008 Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooo what are you going to see?

Divergent. I've heard it's a good film and the trailer made me want to watch it. :D
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    The Carters have a big plot, as does Patrick, Carols cancer plot is an ongoing one too.

The mystery of Charlie should be ongoing as well, and then there is Bianca's exit.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not soft when he sees Vaslav in his gold hot pants

I almost wet myself at this post. :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    IanMandy wrote: »
    Thanks Ben, tonights gonna be immense

Can't wait for the Beales

#TeamBeale all the way!
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen a lot of comments that Lucys such an unimportant character to have such a big storyline but it's Ian who this storyline is for, not Lucy. Adam W should definitely be given the biggest storyline for the anniversary because of the loyalty and hard work he has shown the program.

Yep, this.

This storyline was made for Adam Woodyatt, not Hetti Bywatter. Lucy is merely the catalyst, the plot-device, which will send Ian on this trajectory to uncover the truth about what happened to her daughter the night she died.

Ian is not only going to be overcome with grief but also despair and uncertainty over what happened. It's this uncertainty that's going to emotionally cripple him as the year goes on. It's bad enough for any parent to lose a child but to not know what happened? and to not know who was responsible? Ian will never sleep. He will never get peace. He will never get closure - not until he learns exactly who her daughter was and what it was that caused her demise.

I don't really care for Lucy. I think this whole forum by now is privy to my distain for her character given my posts about her but I am very interested in the story. In the end it doesn't bother me who did it but I am looking forward to how Ian responds to the loss of his daughter.

I don't look at this storyline at this storyline as a whodunit either. I know someone out there did have a hand in Lucy's death but there is a reason why DTC didn't made Lucy a villain before she died. No one has any real motive to kill her, which brings me to the conclusion that she was not murdered. However it’s the ambiguity of Lucy Beale coupled with her families trauma that will carry the show until it’s anniversary in February next year.
    Forum Member
    Seamus2008 wrote: »
    Divergent. I've heard it's a good film and the trailer made me want to watch it. :D

I want to see that too, not had a chance yet. Possibly will see it at some point this week but Spiderman 2 is out too.
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    The mystery of Charlie should be ongoing as well, and then there is Bianca's exit.

Exactly, loads of good stuff going on. Not been this excited about Easties in years! It's a good feeling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to see that too, not had a chance yet. Possibly will see it at some point this week but Spiderman 2 is out too.

Yes, need to watch that too. Me, you, sorcha and maurice should go watch it together haha :D. We'd have a good laugh taking the mick out of the ridiculous costumes and storylines :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random but I saw Spiderman 2 yesterday. Good film. :p
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Yes, need to watch that too. Me, you, sorcha and maurice should go watch it haha :D. We'd have a laugh taking the mick out of the ridiculous costumes and storylines :D.

Yes but you and Maurice would end up moving to the back row and Sorcha will get thrown out for throwing popcorn at everyone else.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #TeamBeale all the way!

Indeed, the Beales certainly deserve a fantastic story and though its a shame to lose one of its legacy characters (which could potentially cripple the family), it could also refresh the family.

Adam W is going to put in a five-star performance- after 30 years of service, the anniversary storyline had to be his
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »

A thread that contains me, TK and Sorcha and has only gone off topic on page 4 is pretty good going! We're losing our touch! :D
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Like who's the shagger? :D That was ridiculous beyond belief. ^_^

I agree that everyone looking suspicious would lose the storylines credibility and also take away the heart from the story. Essentially it needs to be grief. If we end up with a long list of suspects making suspcious eyes across the square, the story will flop.

Fortunately, I do have faith in DTC. I do think the death of Lucy is what sparks the story, not concludes it. I have in no way been a fan of the build up but when this story was announced all those months ago, I made a concious decision not to invest in any of the developments prior to her death purely because I knew it would be weak. The real drama begins tonight.

Maybe I'm being premature. It could all go horribly wrong but given what DTC has said so far in his plans of progressing the story, he seems to be ticking all the right boxes. Tonight and beyond will prove if actions really are louder than words.

A lot of people haven't been happy about the build up but for me it works for the storyline they're trying to tell. I'm interested to hear your take on it since, like others, I often find myself in complete agreement with you. Here's my take on the build up:

If we looked at the month or so before her death without cynically writing every action off as something the writers shoved in because she’s about to die then I think the build-up is a lot better that people give it credit for. If Lucy is really good at keeping secrets and putting up a front, and apparently she is, then it make sense that her family and friends don’t notice anything, and given how little screen-time she’s had then it makes sense that the viewers don’t notice anything either. However in the past few weeks things started to slip out, obviously we know it’s because she was about to die but again looking at it in-show perspective, something must have caused the front she puts up to crumble a little, and imo that was Max. Her relationship with him was clearly the newest development in her life and I think it threw her, she never expected it to happen and I doubt she’d have thought she was capable of it. That caused her to be more openly vulnerable and I think that it was what ultimately caused her death.

This is why I think it's a shame that the storyline was announced so early, although I understand that they may not have wanted to do so, because the build up without knowing what was going to happen next would have a lot more effective.
  • Seamus2008Seamus2008 Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know, my friend went to see it and she loved it! But I'm not too fussed about Amazing Spider-Man 2 myself as I didn't want to go and see the first one (didn't see the point after less than ten years although I've been told it was a great movie, and different to the previous one with Tobey Maguire and James Franco). Captain America: The Winter Soldier, on the other hand, was great entertainment. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but you and Maurice would end up moving to the back row and Sorcha will get thrown out for throwing popcorn at everyone else.

Haha :D. Then vaslav will jump into the room and start playing kiss-chase with you around the cinema :D. Aaron will be refused access as he'll be deemed too young to watch Spider-Man :p.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cool, thanks for the heads up :). I heard the ending is sad. I've read the comics so I have an idea what it is, but I won't spoil it for anyone... otherwise I might have a lynch mob after me :o.
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone fancy a flutter? Even Jean has made the list. :D:confused:

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/eastenders/who-killed-lucy-beale

My money's on Cindy the minx.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A thread that contains me, TK and Sorcha and has only gone off topic on page 4 is pretty good going! We're losing our touch! :D

I've just been warming up for the past 4 pages. I'm now ready to hijack this thread :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One things for certain though, it's very rare we reach 4 pages before the episode has started.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a flutter? Even Jean has made the list. :D:confused:

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/eastenders/who-killed-lucy-beale

My money's on Cindy the minx.

Stacey's also on the list and she's in prison. :D

I have bets on Peter, Abi and Masood.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people haven't been happy about the build up but for me it works for the storyline they're trying to tell. I'm interested to hear your take on it since, like others, I often find myself in complete agreement with you. Here's my take on the build up:

If we looked at the month or so before her death without cynically writing every action off as something the writers shoved in because she’s about to die then I think the build-up is a lot better that people give it credit for. If Lucy is really good at keeping secrets and putting up a front, and apparently she is, then it make sense that her family and friends don’t notice anything, and given how little screen-time she’s had then it makes sense that the viewers don’t notice anything either. However in the past few weeks things started to slip out, obviously we know it’s because she was about to die but again looking at it in-show perspective, something must have caused the front she puts up to crumble a little, and imo that was Max. Her relationship with him was clearly the newest development in her life and I think it threw her, she never expected it to happen and I doubt she’d have thought she was capable of it. That caused her to be more openly vulnerable and I think that it was what ultimately caused her death.

This is why I think it's a shame that the storyline was announced so early, although I understand that they may not have wanted to do so, because the build up without knowing what was going to happen next would have a lot more effective.

All that makes absolute sense and I'm in agreement that EE have made some kind of effort to show all isn't what it seems with Lucy Beale. I just think it's all been a bit rushed a month before she died. I also didn't care to see Max have another shag partner. :p

I suppose having a story as ambiguous as this one would be difficult to engage the audience on a wider level, which I guess is the reason why DTC has left the bulk of Lucy's development after death. There is only so much that can be told without giving the game away but also retaining a level of interest from the audience. From that perspective, I understand why any development has been short-lived, no pun intended.