Options

Corrie: Mary has great potential but is been underused!

starpress12starpress12 Posts: 212
Forum Member
I think Mary is a brilliant characters that has a way more potential than Corrie is giving her. All she seems to be used for is comedy scenes with one liners but I must say these one liners are legendary! I think the character deserves to have bigger storylines, this character can go anywhere, can do anything and has the full potential to become even more complex than she is at the moment, I think a perfect storyline for her is to stalk/terrorise a male resident of the street if Corrie wants to bring her down that route or even to start copying a female character and try to become her or to be the perpetrator behind one of Corries biggest ever mysteries whatever that may be (Corrie scriptwriters if you are reading this its in your hands) :)

Comments

• Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Mary is a brilliant characters that has a way more potential than Corrie is giving her. All she seems to be used for is comedy scenes with one liners but I must say these one liners are legendary! I think the character deserves to have bigger storylines, this character can go anywhere, can do anything and has the full potential to become even more complex than she is at the moment, I think a perfect storyline for her is to stalk/terrorise a male resident of the street if Corrie wants to bring her down that route or even to start copying a female character and try to become her or to be the perpetrator behind one of Corries biggest ever mysteries whatever that may be (Corrie scriptwriters if you are reading this its in your hands) :)

I can imagine her stalking someone. However she has been painted as a nice character who is just there for comedy. Her scenes with Roy were a bit better than the comedy stuff.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love Mary and I think she's one of the best characters atm maybe she could have sa bullying storyline where she starts to hate who she is so she starts stalking and cloying other residents.
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    I can imagine her stalking someone. However she has been painted as a nice character who is just there for comedy. Her scenes with Roy were a bit better than the comedy stuff.

Have you missed this ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/coronation-streets-norris-cole-to-be-kidnapped-202194
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked her and Gail in the gym they could become a good comedy act.
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member

she did stalk Norris and went Kathy Bates Misery batshit crazy on him in a caravan, but next week it was promptly forgotten about and never mentioned again.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to know more about the chainsaw
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loathe Mary more than any other character in the history of soap. And as this is the genre that has given us Sean Tully that's saying something. A mentally unstable woman who has stalked and kidnapped a pensioner would not then become his best mate. It's Stockholm Syndrome gone mad. The actor's stilted delivery of infantile dialogue doesn't help. While it's highly unlikely that anybody has a Tracy Barlow or John Stape character getting away with murder and living next door, at least those characters have some grounding in reality. Mary is just a ridiculous and unfunny caricature.

In my opinion, of course!
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Mary. :) I'd like to see her find love, with someone who really values and appreciates her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I loathe Mary more than any other character in the history of soap. And as this is the genre that has given us Sean Tully that's saying something. A mentally unstable woman who has stalked and kidnapped a pensioner would not then become his best mate. It's Stockholm Syndrome gone mad. The actor's stilted delivery of infantile dialogue doesn't help. While it's highly unlikely that anybody has a Tracy Barlow or John Stape character getting away with murder and living next door, at least those characters have some grounding in reality. Mary is just a ridiculous and unfunny caricature.

In my opinion, of course!

Agree with you 100% Ridiculous character - can't bear her irritating delivery of lines.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member

Mary can be very sensitive and understanding, I also liked her scenes with Dev and his children during the Sunita aftermath.