Options

Loose Women Run Amok

124»

Comments

• Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I hear they each get paid between 8 & 900 quid an appearance. So maybe their husbands are prepared to put up with being discussed for the money? Maybe they are upset, but is what the Loose Women are doing any different to [for example] comedians making jokes about their wife or mother-in-law?
    Maybe it's ok if it's all in the interests of 'entertainment?' I can't decide.
    But....
    I have begun to dislike the show more and more. It has 'dumbed down' in my opinion since Kaye Adams left.
    And after seeing these recent photo's of them, and hearing Denise swear on that youtube clip [on this thread or one of the others about Loose Women which are running at the mo], I'm not really bothered about watching it any more.

I don't expect them to be sedate, but I'm not really entertained by them any more.
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    O dear. Are Loose Women being sponsored by an underwear company or something?

I've gone right off this show. Their low-level man hating combined with letching at the men who come on the show is very sexist and not feminist. Can television not provide us with a good bunch of strong assertive interesting women who if they are man haters are at least well informed feminists as opposed to husband-critiquers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    O dear. Are Loose Women being sponsored by an underwear company or something?

I've gone right off this show. Their low-level man hating combined with letching at the men who come on the show is very sexist and not feminist. Can television not provide us with a good bunch of strong assertive interesting women who if they are man haters are at least well informed feminists as opposed to husband-critiquers?

I can feel an e-mail to dutyoffice@itv.com coming on.

Who could do the job better?
    Someone suggested Vanessa Feltz somewhere. Maybe she could do it?
    Hmmm, thinking cap time.
    Mariella Frostrup?
    Fern Britton? She's already in the studio, maybe they could persuade her to stay a bit longer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't like Fern, but she's def better than any of that lot. Yup, Vanessa, Mariella, great suggestions. They can keep Carole McG even tho she ought not air her arse.

My suggestions: Fiona Bruce, Germaine Greer, Tracey Emin, Dawn Porter (not 2keen on her but she'd prolly do it), June Brown, Pam St Clement, Julie Goodyear (if still alive), Sam Fox.

Def Not: Kathryn Flett, Julie Burchill, or any other fake lesbian pretend feminist but married husband bashers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't like Fern, but she's def better than any of that lot. Yup, Vanessa, Mariella, great suggestions. They can keep Carole McG even tho she ought not air her arse.

My suggestions: Fiona Bruce, Germaine Greer, Tracey Emin, Dawn Porter (not 2keen on her but she'd prolly do it), June Brown, Pam St Clement, Julie Goodyear (if still alive), Sam Fox.

Def Not: Kathryn Flett, Julie Burchill, or any other fake lesbian pretend feminist but married husband bashers.

We need someone with opinions as strong as McGiffin to keep her in control. :D

NOT Ruby Wax, thankyou!
    Definitely NOT Lowri Turner or Fiona Phillips, either.
    Not in my Fantasy Loose Women panel, anyway.

Maybe Dawn French would be good?

And I bet Kaye Adams would come back if the show went back to being more like what it used to be.

P.S.
    Fern gave some Politician a bit of a grilling once, and she rather impressed me. Which is why I thought she might be ok.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it me or is Jane McDonald looking more and more like a man?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^ I always thought she looked a bit manly. Hope she doesn't get diqualified from being a LW!
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Am I odd but I just find a 48 year old woman showing her knickers to the photographers pathetic!! Honest to God I could not believe these photos and Denise with her support knickers flashing to the world and kissing a boy young enough to be her son. Sorry but does Coleen have to wear a dress where she is falling out of the top and pose for photos looking like a hooker?? Funny it is not and we are constantly seeing how young people are drinking too much and yet we are supposed to find photos of celebs behaving like idiots amusing? Why Denise's husband puts up with her behaviour is beyond me and I do feel sorry for her sons who must cringe when they see such photos of their obviously drunken Mum, thinking she is sexy and hilarious but actually looks ridiculous. We do not need to hear any more about her many affairs and her ideas on marriage. So often on Loose Women critical comments are made about women who are happily married and choose to stay home with their children etc.... but I would rather do that rather than end up as a pathetic middle aged "star" who does not know about growing older gracefully and with a bit of class.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nuts TV, Soccer AM, anything that makes
    women look like meat and not humans:yawn: We're objectified to death and have therefore earned the right to complain about our objectifiers..

You are joking? Are these primetime shows? Or small viewing niche? Who watches Nuts TV? Loose Women is in the middle of the afternoon and is seen by children.
    And if there was a panel show where men complained about women - so what? As long as it was humourous like LooseWomen is I'd welcome it. We might laugh at ourselves. Loose Men...bring it on - you'll have no complaints from me..

I bet there would be.

The things is that TV has moved on and doesnt need to "objectify" anyone. Except on Loose Women where they seem to get away with low-level misandry in the name of entertainment.
    By some of the comment here, you'd think they were sat in a studio planning mass castration.

Thats next weeks show where Tim Healy was revealed to have left the toilet seat up..
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Is it me or is Jane McDonald looking more and more like a man?

True.

She doesn't half lay on that warpaint a bit thick these days. Rumour has it that she was spotted in the dressing room with a garden trowel.
  • Options
    gemchickengemchicken Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Strangely, I thought it was perfectly possible for "real" women to have "fun" without feeling the urge to flash their thong in full view of the general public.

Still, perhaps I'm just being old-fashioned in this liberated day and age....:sleep:

It is perfectly possible for ''real'' women to have ''fun'' without feeling the urge to flash their thong in full view of the general public BUT it's also perfectly possible for ''real'' women to have ''fun'' whilst feeling the urge to flash their thong in full view of the general public

You're not being old-fashioned, you're just different, same as everyone. It'd be such a boring world if everyone was the same, but at the same time, it's not fair to judge someone for what they decide to do (or don't do for).

It didn't hurt anyone and she may or may not regret it in the morning (knowing her, probably not!) But, it's her life, let her do what she wants without being judged and bitched about!
  • Options
    bluejoolsbluejools Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    those pics of their night out..ugggh..what a gang of bow wows.. blerg!!!
  • Options
    kandinskikandinski Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is the one from corrie who was married to Reg holdworth?

Now she looks like a nasty piece of work..so bitter and angry at the world.
  • Options
    bluejoolsbluejools Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sherrie hewson.i think.:confused:
  • Options
    PoinsettiaPoinsettia Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    They were discussing bloody ghosts and spirits the other day, as if they were real!

It's shows like Loose Women where hogwash breeds so comfortably. The middle-aged lunatics that enjoy the programme take it all in and think "well if they were discussing ghosts, then that's fact".

Atrocious.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can feel an e-mail to dutyoffice@itv.com coming on.

Who could do the job better?
    Someone suggested Vanessa Feltz somewhere. Maybe she could do it?
    Hmmm, thinking cap time.
    Mariella Frostrup?
    Fern Britton? She's already in the studio, maybe they could persuade her to stay a bit longer?

Kate Silverton would be good - might make the rest feel a bit stupid though. I always liked Carole McGiffin on LBC but I'm finding her a lot more moany these days.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kandinski wrote: »
    Who is the one from corrie who was married to Reg holdworth?

Now she looks like a nasty piece of work..so bitter and angry at the world.

Yep, that's Sherrie "come on, let's here it" Hewson. :sleep:

Her husband upped and left a few years ago (can't blame him really) which may explain some of the bitterness - and ill-advised cosmetic work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kate Silverton would be good - might make the rest feel a bit stupid though. I always liked Carole McGiffin on LBC but I'm finding her a lot more moany these days.

Maybe Carol is fed up of the other Loose Women and thats why she's moany?:D

Kate Silverton is a great idea IMO.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Yep, that's Sherrie "come on, let's here it" Hewson. :sleep:

Her husband upped and left a few years ago (can't blame him really) which may explain some of the bitterness - and ill-advised cosmetic work.

She went public on her recent bankruptcy, too.
    She was always vocal about her husband living abroad while she lived and worked here. So they weren't really living together anyway. She seemed to believe it was a successful marriage, though, because she believed he was loyal to her.

But he allegedly found a new partner, which sent her 'over the edge' IMO. So she thought he was loyal whilst living away from her, but he wasn't, and she thought she was set up financially, and she wasn't.
    I tend to cut her a bit of slack on the bitterness front because of that.
    :)
    Her constant yelling to the audience does annoy me though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loose Women = Trailer Trash
  • Options
    shevlenshevlen Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Hi847 wrote: »
    I am so sick of the sexist, vulgar Loose Women. They spend their whole pathetic show (and probably lives) male-bashing and then go out and act like cheap ****. I'm suprised such an awful sexist show is allowed on television.

Theres no denying that Carol McGiffin is the worst - the reason she is single is not because she wants to be (however much she goes on about it), its because no man would want to go with a vulgar crass woman like her.

As for Denise "me me me" Welch - what is this woman for? She can't act, shes downright rude and most people seem to remember her only for having an affair.

Coleen Nolan - OK Coleen, you lost weight - GET OVER IT - there are millions of people who have done the same, and furthermore, there are millions of people who were sensible enough to watch their weight in the first place as to never get fat. And I'm sick of her thrusting her clevage out in any opportunity she can.

BAN THE SHOW NOW.

So..........errrm......are you saying you're not too keen on the show???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I like them :o They're only doing what a lot of women do on 'girly nights out', ie bitch and moan about men and life in general. Most of us girls have done that at some time or another! Doesn't mean we love our fellas any less! I think Denise Welch looks really nice and I love her in Waterloo Road, Colleen makes me laugh and doesn't take herself too seriously, and I'd love to go for a vodka or 5 with Carol, she'd be fun. So she flashed her bum, big deal. The only bad thing about that is her bum looks rather wierd on the pic, probably just the way she was walking/stepping at the moment the photo was taken.