What school did you go to in London

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, I just saw saw this post. I am also a native of Middlesex, Hayes to be precise. I now reside in Southampton :)
    haha, im native of middlesex
    нöℓєs wrote: »
    I go Claremont!! But i went Byron Court School...we were rivals;)
    my dad went to byron court, he may know you, what year did u go?
    myss wrote: »
    Uxendon Manor and Claremont in Harrow. :)
    F'kinRight wrote: »
    I went to Priestmead Middle School in Harrow.
    Keller wrote: »
    I went to Whitmore High School in Harrow.

i went/still am going to Hatch end High, in Harrow
    Rivals to Nower Hill

whitmores just down the road isnt it?

(what a small world)
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, I just saw saw this post. I am also a native of Middlesex, Hayes to be precise. I now reside in Southampton :)

Me too! :eek: I'm now in Manchester. Where did you live in Hayes? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    It was an air raid shelter apparantly, I have no idea what was on the school grounds as i think the school was biult in the late 70s-ish. The bunker was cool, there is a sloping roof which we used to run across hoping not to stumble :D
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    i went/still am going to Hatch end High, in Harrow
    Rivals to Nower Hill

whitmores just down the road isnt it?

(what a small world)

Yeah Whitmore isn't far at all, quite close to West Harrow and South Harrow tube stations.
  • xpletivexpletive Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prakb wrote: »
    hambrough for first and middle and villers high for secondary, both in southall

Hamborough is the one opposite the Glassy Junction? There is rumoured to be a nuclear bunker under it!
  • Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    Spooky! I went to Barnhill and my best friend went to Hayes Park - small world!

Wow Barnhill is at the top of my road! How funny the amount of Middlesex people in this thread :D I've lived in Hayes all my life (unfortunately!!) and I went to Botwell Primary in Hayes Town.
  • Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    St. George's, Westminster (the one where our Headmaster, Mr. Lawrence, got stabbed and we were in the news for weeks after)
  • krytenkkrytenk Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too! :eek: I'm now in Manchester. Where did you live in Hayes? :)

It's amazing how many Hayes natives have escaped to better areas :) I've only made it as far as Uxbridge so far!

I went to Pinkwell Juniors and Harlington Secondary back in my dim and distant. I now work at Mellow Lane.
  • debailey72debailey72 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    West Hill Primary School Wandsworth then onto Mayfield Girls School Putney, which became Burntwood School which then became ADT College.

Hated secondary school... I was bullied most of the 5 years I was there.
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another from Middlesex.
    I went to St Bernadette's and Bishopshalt, Both in Hillingdon.
  • georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Middlesex again! Cedars First and Middle Schools, Harrow Weald. We moved out of London when I was ten, though.
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Middlesex again! Cedars First and Middle Schools, Harrow Weald. We moved out of London when I was ten, though.

For a county that apparently doesn't exist anymore, there's a lot of us!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i went to grimsdyke in hatch end!

we thrashed ceders 14-1 at a yr 7 fooball match! + we beat st burnadettes 16-1 (you got a late penalty)

and yeh, maybe the temperament in middlesex means that alot of us seek the friendly chatter in forums
  • mad_dudemad_dude Posts: 10,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably because there is fook all to do in Hayes, that we have to visit the forums.

I have a friend from Amersham and this is what happened each time she visited:

1.) Armed siege outside blockbusters we got locked in the shop for half an hours
    2.) Hostage incident across my road where a neighbour had locked up his ex wife
    3.) A incident where the police officers raided the newsagent as we drove past,

Even on the day the queen came to visit they found a body or something in the town. Probably because it was the first time they made a decent effort to clean the place!
  • lifesabeach11lifesabeach11 Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    East acton infants
    Ravenor juniors greenford
    costons secondary modern greenford middlesex
  • dream stuffingdream stuffing Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    I was born in Yorkshire, mum was a Yorkshire woman but dad was a London cabbie (they met in the war) so I was brought up in Battersea (sarf London) and went to school at Latchmere Infants and Juniors, on the John Burns Estate, the school was more or less at the end of my street. My secondary school was Ensham school for girls in Franciscan Road Tooting, which me and my sisters had to get to by bus.

Where did everybody else go to school, I'd be interested to know if anyone else went to the same school as me.

Why not just ask for every other City in the Country!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    I guess i'd say Grange Hill! :D

Well you would :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow Barnhill is at the top of my road! How funny the amount of Middlesex people in this thread :D I've lived in Hayes all my life (unfortunately!!) and I went to Botwell Primary in Hayes Town.

I'm old :( so when I went to Barnhill, it was still an Infants, Juniors and Comprehensive and not the Community College. I lived at the end of the road as well!!
    ff999 wrote: »
    For a county that apparently doesn't exist anymore, there's a lot of us!!

I'm always amazed by the amount of people who know of places like Hayes and Uxbridge, even if they haven't lived there!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm old :( so when I went to Barnhill, it was still an Infants, Juniors and Comprehensive and not the Community College. I lived at the end of the road as well!!

I'm always amazed by the amount of people who know of places like Hayes and Uxbridge, even if they haven't lived there!

My son went to Barnhill
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My son went to Barnhill

Oooh small world! When did he go, lifesabeach? :)
  • benny1982benny1982 Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    Hi

My great gran attended All Saints School in Islington.

If you werent born in London but bought up there from say babyhood or infancy would you consider yourself a Londoner?

Ben
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Why not just ask for every other City in the Country!?

Because I was brought up in Battersea, London, and I was just interested alright ! Nothing to stop anybody else asking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Yardley Primary School in Chingford N-E London....

It was well good.. well at least for my infant school life..

now up here in Ipswich for my junior school and high school life!
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    krytenk wrote: »
    It's amazing how many Hayes natives have escaped to better areas :) I've only made it as far as Uxbridge so far!

I went to Pinkwell Juniors and Harlington Secondary back in my dim and distant. I now work at Mellow Lane.

My mother taught there many moons ago. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh small world! When did he go, lifesabeach? :)

He went when it became a new school and left in 2006
    The rest of my kids went to walford