Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    morph1970morph1970 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    Just because people watched it doesn't mean they thought it was good.

Yes, I know this. I'm not an idiot. I thought it was rubbish too. I'm just saying, we don't KNOW what people thought yet. It got decent ratings, and people are still writing it off as a flop. Let's see how Episode 2 does first, eh?
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky 1 overnights:

Treasure Island averaged 1.014m, peak of 1.17m
    Got To Dance peaks at 1m
    Hawaii 5-O returns with 655k on Sky1

Source: John Williams
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    morph1970 wrote: »
    Yes, I know this. I'm not an idiot. I thought it was rubbish too. I'm just saying, we don't KNOW what people thought yet. It got decent ratings, and people are still writing it off as a flop. Let's see how Episode 2 does first, eh?

Exactly all that matters is that people watch it and don't turn off before the end. Ratings count - critics do not, David Jason has enough awards to fill a room already, I can see the quality improving as the series progresses. I see episode two rating around 5.2m against Endeavor, hopefully timeshifting to 6m in the officials.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    morph1970 wrote: »

The comments sem to have come from TV critics who have seen several episodes. The point about TV critics is that very few of them have ever worked in TV and don't really have a clue about how programmes are made (or what is funny).After all the TV critic of the Daily Mirror famously declared that Coronation Street wouldn't last three weeks:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rzt wrote: »
    Sky 1 overnights:

Treasure Island averaged 1.014m, peak of 1.17m
    Got To Dance peaks at 1m
    Hawaii 5-O returns with 655k on Sky1

Source: John Williams

In the RPG I went for 1.0m for Treasure Island, and 0.8m for Got To Dance, so hoping the latter had an average of around 0.84m :D
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Very good night indeed for Sky1 which should equal a top primetime share for them.

We're used to seeing Sundays where they do well with one, maybe two shows. But three or four new shows? That's great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC1's Sherlock returned with 8.75m viewers (30.89% share)

Source: Michael Rosser

That's up from the first series premier overnight audience of 7.53m (30.4%).
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC1's Sherlock returned with 8.75m viewers (30.89% share)

Definitely about where I expected Sherlock to be. Great rating for it. Sky1 performed very well across primetime by the looks of things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Great ratings for Sherlock. A bit higher than I expected :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent for Sherlock, I wonder how many timeshifted after Harry Potter finished? I estimated 8.5m so in line with expectations. It ought cheer Robbie up for sure :D
  • Options
    Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive for Treasure Island, which found itself clashing with Pat's death in EE and a new Sherlock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh great, a 2 d.p. rating that ends in a 5, my favourite. Sherlock can sod off (especially for not coming in a little lower).

Seriously, super rating. Looks like Robbie's fears for it were unfounded.

(And if anyone knows whether I should round that down to 8.7 or up to 8.8, I'd appreciate it ;))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    (And if anyone knows whether I should round that down to 8.7 or up to 8.8, I'd appreciate it ;))
    This isn't confirmation yet but one source so far has said 8.7m. If a few other sources later on also say 8.7m, I guess it'd be that.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic rating for Sherlock, and thoroughly deserved.

Robbie, I await your YouTube video. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat's last EastEnders drew 9.76m viewers (36% share), peaking with 11.22m (39%).

Hmmm, that's a shame it didn't crack a 10m average - it deserved it. Looks like the unusual slot cost it a few viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Fantastic ratings for EastEnders as well. I bet the BBC are very happy with that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe40 wrote: »
    Impressive for Treasure Island, which found itself clashing with Pat's death in EE and a new Sherlock.

Around 3.6% share for Treasure Island I estimate, which is not bad, maybe Sky One will get a 2.8% share for primetime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is all looking uncomfortably close for us on the RPG isn't it, rzt? Lol. Hopefully Harry Potter will magic something up for one of us. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince averaged 3.45m (12.44%).

Very poor rating. Looks like it got totally squeezed out by the strong competition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Tonight I have gone for the following :
    BBC1
    Bolt 6.1m (optimistic I know)
    Eastenders 9.5m (dented by Potter clash)
    Sherlock 8.5m (can see viewers sticking with BBC1)
    Absolutely Fabulous 6.9m (slight drop on last week)
    ITV1
    YBF Top 100 Animals 3.5m (will struggle against Bolt))
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 6.4m (EE, Sherlock clash and 2:45 length will damage it somewhat)
    The Unforgettable John Thaw 4.4m (expect viewer numbers to drop off, plus AbFab clash)

I am feeling confident about the others now, let us hope HP did not tank against BBC1.

Edit: Just seen the HP rating....:confused:

But of course happy BBC1 won primetime :)
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Excellent for Sherlock, I wonder how many timeshifted after Harry Potter finished? I estimated 8.5m so in line with expectations. It ought cheer Robbie up for sure :D
    Dancc wrote: »
    Oh great, a 2 d.p. rating that ends in a 5, my favourite. Sherlock can sod off (especially for not coming in a little lower).

Seriously, super rating. Looks like Robbie's fears for it were unfounded.

"Wow!" he'll say "Way up on the 6.5m that I predicted just so I could say Wow! Fantastic Figure! Way better than everybody thought", or do his Private Fraser from Dad's Army impression : "I never doubted it for one minute".:rolleyes:

And, as I predicted 7.2m for Sherlock (:confused::o) i don't give a toss what you do with his figure.:mad:

:D;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member

Very poor rating. Looks like it got totally squeezed out by the strong competition.
    Eek. Nope, doubt anybody scored anything for that. That's disastrous for a high profile premiere like HP.

Totally the wrong slot and it looks to have cost it badly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wow that is so bad, I wonder if viewers thought it was a repeat showing? With so many HP films it can be confusing for viewers.:confused:
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Feel a little sorry for ITV1. With a big film premiere like that, you can't accuse them of not making an effort.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great for Sky One it might have beating Five.
This discussion has been closed.