CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really fun! great honour for those kids too :) saw it on CBBC with brother and bless them so humbled at meeting Matt and Karen :)

Real lovely...and of course nice teaser before the Angels are back next series :D
  • Options
    bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh that was nice...bridges the gap to S7 at least....but one thing really bothered me.....no Rory?!?!?!? :mad::mad:

How could those kids forget about Rory? :confused: There wasn't even a line to mention where he was - that would have been nice just so it's not a random moment of him not being there!

Those kids....just like sections of the media...forgetting Rory's existence! :rolleyes: How could they? :rolleyes:

Apart from that, it was fine.....:)
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn Doctor Who writers messing up the Continuity again. :mad:

We all know it was the Doctor himself who runs the Olympic Torch into and around the stadium in 2012.
    ;)
  • Options
    jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lovely little episode - well done to those involved :)
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed it today but noticed that the Blue Peter episode is being shown on BBC1 at 4.30pm tomorrow.
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as good as the Einstein one, although I think they were more limited this time by having to include the Olympics.

The only real criticism I could make is that if i'd have written a Dotor Who episode at school, Amy Pond would almost certainly have been naked in it. But then, I believe the winning team were all girls, so i guess that explains the oversight. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbll22 wrote: »
    How could those kids forget about Rory? :confused: There wasn't even a line to mention where he was - that would have been nice just so it's not a random moment of him not being there!

Those kids....just like sections of the media...forgetting Rory's existence! :rolleyes: How could they? :rolleyes:

Apart from that, it was fine.....:)

Well, I guess Rory doesn't spend every minute of every 'day' (if you can really say there is such a thing as a day in the TARDIS) in the console room and it happened very quickly. Besides, the kids were obviously smart and could see that Rory is essentialy a boring and redundant character, created purely as an extension of Amy Pond, in order to create drama and tension in her life.
  • Options
    bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Well, I guess Rory doesn't spend every minute of every 'day' (if you can really say there is such a thing as a day in the TARDIS) in the console room and it happened very quickly. Besides, the kids were obviously smart and could see that Rory is essentialy a boring and redundant character, created purely as an extension of Amy Pond, in order to create drama and tension in her life.

For a start, I was just joking....I wasn't that angry he'd been omitted....it just felt wrong the trio of them not being there.

And after all this time your very repetitive view on Rory has become somewhat tiresome it does have to be said really...:yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbll22 wrote: »

And after all this time your very repetitive view on Rory has become somewhat tiresome it does have to be said really...:yawn:

Jeez... I haven't made a post about Rory for ages. My previous ones must have been really memorable or aggravating to you for you to still remember them. Either way, i'm chuffed.

But really, I'm sure it's no more boring than those who go on and on about how much they love him. Sounds like you're someone who just gets annoyed by contradictory opinions to your own, especially if they don't get shouted down.

And you weren't joking; you really did think that Rory should be in the thing or that there should have been a line of dialogue explaining his absence. I know you meant it. How do I know? Your second paragraph gave you away as being highly strung.

Final point: I never made any reference to you being 'angry'; I simply made a counterpoint, which is how forums work. But again, it seems you are easilly upset so i'll not respond to you again in future.
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    Wow. Another thread that's gone off topic into Tom Tit deliberately goading somebody.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    Wow. Another thread that's gone off topic into Tom Tit deliberately goading somebody.

:p

Hey, if i'm 'goading' people at least i'm doing it about the relevant topic.

Rory is boring and wasn't needed in this scene. That's my opinion. Is it acceptable to have that opinion or is it some sort of incitement to riot? I guess you could say being down on racism is 'goading' racists or voting for one political party is 'goading' supporters of the other... if you're that way incined. I prefer to just, you know, talk about topics, and assume everyone is mature enough to do that without crying because someone doesn't happen to like their favourite character.
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    ...... i'll not respond to you again in future.

I can imagine the entire forum giving a collective rousing cheer if only you'd make the same promise to all members.
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Another good fun episode. Nice to see the kids having a nice day out in the making of (I thought they'd canned Confidential? :confused:;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRo7Js-mZ6A&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    I can imagine the entire forum giving a collective rousing cheer if only you'd make the same promise to all members.

Yes, lucky old bbll22 was my thought on reading that post. :)

Personally I just don't respond to the poster you quoted. Ever. Life's too short to interact with certain people.
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wading into the Rory debate, without to antagonize anyone, whilst Rory himself is an excellent character, I find that we get more out of Amy as a character when Rory isn't around because her reactions with the Doctor are when she's in her element. Still, a lovely little episode and well done to the kids :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blue Peter - still got it.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it yesterday and thought the children did a good script that ticked all the boxes.:D
    Loved the Doctor's mad hair:D
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A perfect example of why kids shouldn't be allowed to write Doctor Who episodes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I didn't like it as much as the Einstein one.

It feels very... harsh to criticize an episode written by kids, but I'm fairly certain Weeping Angels can't normally be blown up with the Sonic Screwdriver.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A perfect example of why kids shouldn't be allowed to write Doctor Who episodes

Nobody else does any better in the five minute episodes (well, unless they can rely on Davison appearing, of course). It's just very difficult to establish and resolve peril in that time frame, especially since the well of ontological paradoxes has long run dry.
    Fire Host wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain Weeping Angels can't normally be blown up with the Sonic Screwdriver.
    They also can't normally move when being observed, except when they can.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I didn't like it as much as the Einstein one.

It feels very... harsh to criticize an episode written by kids, but I'm fairly certain Weeping Angels can't normally be blown up with the Sonic Screwdriver.

This is exactly what I mean! Cuz that would have come in handy that time when, you know, EVERY OTHER TIME THEY'VE APPEARED!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly what I mean! Cuz that would have come in handy that time when, you know, EVERY OTHER TIME THEY'VE APPEARED!

Having been on this forum for a while, I'm sure someone will propose that the sonic screwdriver can be used to blow up an angel only in concert with the temporal grace circuits of the Tardis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    They also can't normally move when being observed, except when they can.

Well, you can make the argument that originally they didn't move because they were being 'observed', in a loose sense of the word, by Amy's beeping detector. They certainly only started moving after she lost it.
    And being blown up with the Sonic is a bit different to moving.

But let me re-iterate; Script to Screen is still a great idea, and probably a wonderful experience for the kids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you can make the argument that originally they didn't move because they were being 'observed', in a loose sense of the word, by Amy's beeping detector. They certainly only started moving after she lost it.
    And being blown up with the Sonic is a bit different to moving.

Sorry; don't mean to drag out the side point, but having seen Flesh and Stone again today (it's on iPlayer at the minute), I'm more concerned with the fact that angels looking at one another was sufficient in Blink to resolve the whole plot but apparently isn't a problem in Flesh and Stone, where they're suddenly able to hunt in packs. Anyway, I absolutely promise I won't say any more on the topic so don't worry about that and about relevancy if you want to respond further.

As for blowing up, besides the desperate 'it was the sonic plus the Tardis' theory, maybe he's just improved the screwdriver again? It only used to be able to do screws.
    But let me re-iterate; Script to Screen is still a great idea, and probably a wonderful experience for the kids.
    Agreed. If the BBC were just for me, I'd ditch, say, The Voice, and use the money to provide a regular slot for this sort of thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    Sorry; don't mean to drag out the side point, but having seen Flesh and Stone again today (it's on iPlayer at the minute), I'm more concerned with the fact that angels looking at one another was sufficient in Blink to resolve the whole plot but apparently isn't a problem in Flesh and Stone, where they're suddenly able to hunt in packs. Anyway, I absolutely promise I won't say any more on the topic so don't worry about that and about relevancy if you want to respond further.

As for blowing up, besides the desperate 'it was the sonic plus the Tardis' theory, maybe he's just improved the screwdriver again? It only used to be able to do screws.

Agreed. If the BBC were just for me, I'd ditch, say, The Voice, and use the money to provide a regular slot for this sort of thing.

Oh, I agree. I love ToA and FaS, and will defend them to the hilt, but being able to move in each other's sight is a pretty direct contradiction to what happens in Blink.

I suppose you could argue they're an unruly, starving colony of Angels, and the fact they keep looking at each other is actually slowing them down (they're pretty slow at advancing on the Clerics once immediately inside the Byzantium afterall). But as explanations go, it's pretty weak.

*cough* Anyway, I'll stop going off-topic as well after this, promise. :)