EE 3g data drop off

124»

Comments

• AetnlaAetnla Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have also started getting this problem recently with the 3G data connection dropping off but with the 3 network instead. I keep having to toggle flight mode on then off to get the connection back.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aetnla wrote: »
    I have also started getting this problem recently with the 3G data connection dropping off but with the 3 network instead. I keep having to toggle flight mode on then off to get the connection back.

Force it to 3G only mode.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I have also got this problem . I work in central london and a lot of the time its now showing no service in some areas.
  • AetnlaAetnla Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    Force it to 3G only mode.

I have tried doing that but it didn't make a blind bit of difference. The 3 data connection still drops till I toggle flight mode on and off. Is anyone else getting this problem with 3?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am having real problems today accessing data. Real problems. Basically, I can't access anything, anywhere (no pun intended).

These three speed tests were taken over a period of nearly two hours, and in places miles apart. In between, I've toggled Airplane Mode, rebooted four times, and reset the network settings. Absolutely infuriating. Note the good signal and 3G symbol in each image.

If this continues to happen when I leave T-Mobile in November, I'll take back my scathing comments about them over recent months. But I bet the problems go away instantly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ry7hw7r529fm6oz/2013-08-28%2018.10.08.jpg
  • thebtmanthebtman Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its due to lack of capacity. The network is set to keep alive only the most active of connections
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, my mums iphone 4s has been upgraded to ios 7 with a new carrier file but data is still dropping off and a reset of the phone is required to get it back. To be fair the phone wasnt erased but surely a new os and carrier file should have sorted this if it isnt a network problem.

On a separate issue. I had lots of dropped calls today. Was really bad. Embarrassing tbh.