Options

Kenny Everett Tribute

occyoccy Posts: 65,195
Forum Member
✭✭
A tribute to Kenny Everett hosted by Richard Skinner will be aired on BBC Radio Solent

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2016/08/kenny-everett-returns-to-bbc-radio-solent/

Comments

• Options
    Sophie_GreeneSophie_Greene Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is on tomorrow
  • Options
    alan.walan.w Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see 2 radio solent sport channels on freevuiw :confused: would 1 of those be it if there not both same on Brighton twig?
  • Options
    ramraiderukramraideruk Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it will all be done i the best possible taste!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan.w wrote: »
    I can see 2 radio solent sport channels on freevuiw :confused: would 1 of those be it if there not both same on Brighton twig?

I am getting but its a reflected weak signal maybe from IOW, so looks like it will be web radio from there site http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiosolent :)
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always enjoyed Richard Skinner saturday sequence when he took over from the late Roger Scott on radio 1
  • Options
    markmagmarkmag Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan.w wrote: »

Not sure if this helps you, but the documentary with be on both Radio Solent (Freeview Ch 722) and Radio Solent for Dorset (Ch 734). If your aerial is pointing the right way you should indeed get both in Brighton. Ch 722 is available if you can get South Today on BBC1 (Southampton version, not Reading - so if Sally Taylor starts your local news you're fine :-) ) and Ch 734 is also available there, and also across the South West of England (Spotlight and Points West).

Solent/Solent for Dorset split for sport, weekday breakfast (until 9am), Saturday mornings and trailers.
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Freeview Channel 722 gives me BBC Radio Surrey and Channel 734 gives me BBC Essex.

Must depend upon where you live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    Freeview Channel 722 gives me BBC Radio Surrey and Channel 734 gives me BBC Essex.

Must depend upon where you live.

I am getting them on 802 and 803 both weak and breaking up but will listen online I liked Kenny :D
  • Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,745
    Forum Member
    Don't forget that BBC iPlayer Radio lets you select any of their local stations - you can tag the programme in advance to add to your favourites.
  • Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    markmag wrote: »
    Not sure if this helps you, but the documentary with be on both Radio Solent (Freeview Ch 722) and Radio Solent for Dorset (Ch 734). If your aerial is pointing the right way you should indeed get both in Brighton. Ch 722 is available if you can get South Today on BBC1 (Southampton version, not Reading - so if Sally Taylor starts your local news you're fine :-) ) .

There's only one version of BBC South Today, no separate Reading/Thames Valley version, you're getting mixed up with Meridian ITV I think?
  • Options
    rmc57rmc57 Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark C wrote: »
    There's only one version of BBC South Today, no separate Reading/Thames Valley version, you're getting mixed up with Meridian ITV I think?

BBC Oxford normally opts-in to South Today after about 15 minutes.
  • Options
    tellymantellyman Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listened to this today. Brilliant!!! Nothing to match it on radio now.:)
  • Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rmc57 wrote: »
    BBC Oxford normally opts-in to South Today after about 15 minutes.

Oh yes, I'd totally forgotten about that !! Apologies, South Today: Oxford.

It's carried on the Oxford tx only, the Meridian Thames V prog is carried on Hannington and Oxford Txs. I'll get me coat.....:blush:
  • Options
    PodiumPodium Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Here's the programme on BBC iPlayer Radio
    http://bbc.in/2bmD0Ip