Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Or 'bring something new to the table' :D

Or 'He held his hands up' ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I also hate it when they say "He turned round and said..", she turned round to me and said.." :mad:

This one gets on my nerves the most! :mad:
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revolve wrote: »
    It then spreads to the viewers of these programmes subconsciously and the next batch of guests use it even more.

You can tell people who use "at the end of the day" regularly actually think they're being clever. :eek:
  • p1xiep1xie Posts: 2,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the way they 'swear down' on their daughter's/son's/dead parent's life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    p1xie wrote: »
    And the way they 'swear down' on their daughter's/son's/dead parent's life.

The majority of the guests seem to have the mental age of five. It's sad, really.
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    When did "clean the baby's bum" take over from change the nappy?
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »
    Sentences ending with 'right'. :mad:

Or even worse sentences beginning with "Do you know what?"
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "shtep oop an' beeyadad"
  • indenileindenile Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also hate it when they say "He turned round and said..", she turned round to me and said.." :mad:

I always picture these people physically spinning in the middle of a serious conversation :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you know where the expression came from originally.... It was from the days of the black death when people thought that it was spread by talking...they would turn there backs to speak so the other person wouldn't get infected.....

and on the JK show with the amount of low lives and toothless morons on there, who knows what they are infected with......... it would probably be quite a sensible way to behave. :D
  • BillyCasperBillyCasper Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically, like, at the end of the day, someone needs to literally turn round and tell him to step up and think of the children to be fair , I swear down, ya know what I mean?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    pegasus2 wrote: »

I also heard 'change it's bum' on there :D
    Why does Jezza seem to think unprotected sex always = baby? If it did, why would girls/women 'be trying' for a baby?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    indenile wrote: »
    I always picture these people physically spinning in the middle of a serious conversation :D

Ha ha me too :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »

God knows but I really cringe at how shamelessly vulgar people are.

It makes me feel like I should have been born in another era. :o
  • David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically, like, at the end of the day, someone needs to literally turn round and tell him to step up and think of the children to be fair , I swear down, ya know what I mean?

^^^^^ I love how you got all of those expressions into one sentence :)

Slightly off topic...my wife and I run a cafe and some customers insist on referring to the plural of a breakfast as 'breakfases':eek:
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    What is it about Chav's and that overused tired phrase, "At the end of the day"?

There is one guy on there at the moment who is using it at the beginning and end of every sentence.

I first heard it used by Bette Davis in a BBC interview back in 1963. Since then it seems to have become the favourite saying on shows like Kyle's, and it gets more annoying every time it is used. :(

Are you suggesting Bette Davis was a chav? :mad: ;)

At the end of the day, Jeremy Kyle is on...

...nearer to the start of the day. :p
  • silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate all the above mentioned phrases, and also 'I'm not being funny right but .......'
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,148
    Forum Member
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Are you suggesting Bette Davis was a chav? :mad: ;). :p

No, of course not, I was just commenting that she was the first person that I ever heard say it. But as that was 50 years ago it was not a regularly used phrase.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two things I've noticed about this show are ...

1) The guests have no teeth

2) Every baby is called Jayden / Kayden / Shayden

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

2) Every baby is called Jayden / Kayden / Shayden

:D

Jayden is such a horrible name, but I've heard it a lot where I live too. So it's not just popular with Jeremy Kyle guests. :cry:

The girls on JK always seem to be called Something-May, or names like Skye. Of course, there has been at least one Chardonnay on there too.
  • LabLab Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Ince seems to be unable to start a sentence without using the words "to be fair"

Mark Pottage might disagree with you there. Fifteen c-bombs in less than a minute is some going mind...
  • BillyCasperBillyCasper Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »
    ^^^^^ I love how you got all of those expressions into one sentence :)

Slightly off topic...my wife and I run a cafe and some customers insist on referring to the plural of a breakfast as 'breakfases':eek:

Thanks. It was really difficult as I don't talk like that.

People who say breakfastsas really annoys me. Nearly as much as people who say should of, but that's for another thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the topic of irritating, repeated phrases on this show I think Kyle spouting off to guests about how other people "wipe their backsides" for them is really disgusting. Even if it's true, it is really not difficult to use less vulgarity to describe it. What use is Ofcom when a show so nasty in every way is allowed on the air - pre-watershed no less! God. :(
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    By anybody's standards it is a very annoying phrase. ;)
  • ValWValW Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the plural of text (as in text message) is "texties". Even JK says that.

He tells people off for referring to a baby as "it" but then goes on to call that self same baby "it".

Of course the thing that totally shows up JK's real ignorance is his insistence of saying "should of". AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH!