Options

Survivor 27 - Blood vs Water

Comments

• Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teflon Don wrote: »
    Nice to see Hayden stepping up. I knew he wasn't stupid enough to go to the end with Tyson.

Agreed. Hayden certainly isn't the most interesting personality but I'm glad he showed why he won Big Brother. He can be very perceptive. Yes, it seems like he made a move too early but he still had the foresight to see that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Hayden is my favourite player left in the game at this point. He's fairly smart, and likeable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamie_181 wrote: »
    Hayden is my favourite player left in the game at this point. He's fairly smart, and likeable.

It would be pretty cool to see someone win Big Brother and Survivor too. He'd have to go on The Amazing Race then to complete the trifecta! :D
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Some very sad news

Tina's son and Katie's brother Taylor was killed a few hours ago in a car accident.
    http://www.knoxville.com/news/2013/dec/03/knoxville-celebrities-wesson-taylor-collins-dies/

RIP, this is so awful :(
  • Options
    deadbeat herodeadbeat hero Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my, that is very very sad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Wow. That's tragic, so sad for them both. You can tell they are a very loving family. Absolutely devastating for them.:(

Great episode tonight though. Brilliant tribal.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyson is such a dick.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Oooo what an exciting TC.
    But poor Katie getting such a blah edit in her boot episode.
    It was good to see more of Hayden's strategy, trying to stir things up, and Ciera's such an unpredictable player.
    Tyson's always been the ultimate troll so I'm enjoying him for his half-serious sneering remarks. Especially the whole 'Russell/rustle feathers' convo, but it was also funny when he had to stop Hayden from leaving TC without his torch.

Typical of Caleb to take the moral high-ground at RI, obviously John and Brad are a distant memory for him now.
    Though Jeff couldn't resist getting in a dig at Colton before Caleb left.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news about Tina's son.

This was an interesting episode - Ciera is such an unpredictable player to watch, and that was Gervase's mistake. When he won the food reward he should have chosen Monica and Ciera. He and Tyson are tight - there was no need to take him. It was an opportunity to make Ciera feel that she was in the top three, and that's what helped to trigger her switch at TC, along with his answer that he and Monica and Tyson had worked together from day 1. Other than that, Gervase is playing a good game. His answer to Caleb was spot on - but his edit reminds me of Stephen from Tocantins. Perhaps he is letting Tyson get too much credit for all the hard work.
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    I really can't understand why Ciera thought it was a good idea to swatch this week rather than last week. After going to Tyson and building up trust with him to then do this is a pure mystery. All she has succeeded in doing is getting herself booted next week.

I wonder if she had something against Caleb as joining Tyson Katie and Caleb would have given her a much better route to the final.

She also gifted Tyson the idol she is clearly confused and has no strategy. If you flip flop or dilly dally then it gets you voted off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand why Ciera flipped. But girl she should have seen it one episode earlier and Tyson would have been gone.

That idiot Gervase clearly pointed out that Ciera was #4 in their quadruple alliance, but if Ciera switched she could be #2 right beside Hayden. If Tyson had drawn the white rock Ciera could have won this thing hands down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't understand why Ciera thought it was a good idea to swatch this week rather than last week. After going to Tyson and building up trust with him to then do this is a pure mystery. All she has succeeded in doing is getting herself booted next week.

Probably something to do with Gervase making it abundantly clear at TC that she was fourth. Seriously, that whole speech about how himself, Tyson and Monica were original Galang and were like blood - that was so dumb in that moment. Gervase has been playing a fairly decent game but he tanked any chance he had of winning with that TC performance.

Ciera looked set to be voting with Tyson and co right up until Gervase opened his mouth. But mainly I just love that Ciera is such an unpredictable player, it makes it exciting. I think she'll definitely be invited back.

I'm kind of rooting for Hayden now. I loved his "never say die" attitude in this episode. He's really proving that he was a deserving winner of Big Brother, for all the luck that is involved in winning these kind of shows, you still need some element of skill and strategy, and Hayden proved when put on the spot he can and will make a move.

I just love this season and don't want it to end!
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    Probably something to do with Gervase making it abundantly clear at TC that she was fourth. Seriously, that whole speech about how himself, Tyson and Monica were original Galang and were like blood - that was so dumb in that moment. Gervase has been playing a fairly decent game but he tanked any chance he had of winning with that TC performance.

Only rationale I could possibly see for it was if he was trying to play off his immunity and through Tyson under the bus, but to be honest the whole TC left me going "huh?"
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Tyson is such a dick.

I'm quite impressed how they have edited him from face to heel so well and so quickly
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was strange. There was absolutely no indication there was any plan to vote for Monica to get a split vote, didn't hear anything of that before the tribal. And Ciera didn't look at all interested in any plan to get Tyson out

The guy who made the move on Tyson has now gone and Haydn obviously wasn't too clever going along with it. But Ciera looks even stupider. Yes she was 4th in the alliance, however there was a chance for that to change when it inevitably would have had to split up. Instead she'd rather draw rocks.

So the rule this season I assume is that once an idol is played they put another one out, personally I wouldn't have minded two in play at the same time instead of having people look for weeks for an idol that wasn't even there. Again it seemed pretty easy to find, but credit Tyson for it anyway. He's the only one I can actively support. Haydn is finally getting airtime but he's been invisible most of this season.

Just a strange thing with the editing at RI. We were told they only had three minutes left, and then a few seconds later both the last two had suddenly gained a huge height in their columns. Anyway happy Laura didn't interfere or couldn't this time, even though I couldn't give a crap about who was eliminated (don't even remember his name).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    Well that was strange. There was absolutely no indication there was any plan to vote for Monica to get a split vote, didn't hear anything of that before the tribal. And Ciera didn't look at all interested in any plan to get Tyson out

When Hayden was trying to get Ciera on board he mentioned voting for Monica in case Tyson had the hidden immunity idol. This was back at camp. So it did set up the possibility of votes going Monica's way.

Then during Tribal when Hayden saw that Ciera was swaying based on Gervase and Monica's stupid comments, he nudged Katie and Ciera and whispered Monica. Again, probably in case Tyson had the idol, which he does.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What season was the other drawing rocks tribal?
    I quite enjoyed that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah ok, it was only in passing then or whispered, I had a feeling I may have missed something. Ciera still didn't look at all interested talking to Hayden, and Haydn seemed just going through the motions as well. Maybe it all changed at tribal, though considering how loyal she had been beforehand that's hard to believe still.

The only bad thing about Tyson in this episode for me was the crying interview. Maybe the producers felt they needed it to have another angle him that more might be more sympathetic to some of the American audience. I know some of them love sobbing contestants. Hopefully that's the last we see of it, I think his gameplay is enough to have gained him support/interest.

It's also possible with the idols that Tyson has two together but they wanted the storyline/chronology changed so other things were focussed on? If that was the case I would have preferred knowing a bit earlier as idol searches for something that supposedly doesn't exist are bit boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ It's always been the case that a new idol comes out once one is played.

I must be enjoying this season as this is my first post here on digitalspy in a few years I belive, nice to see some familiar names in this thread :)

Tyson is a total dick and has been from day one, but he is doing well and I can't decide if that's because the others are all simply too scared to make a move or if he really has played it so well that everyone has been blinded by him!

Always stupid to go to rocks. If I were on the jury I'd never let someone (so in this case Ciere or Tyson) win who had let fate decide just on principle. Ciera should have made her move the week before to make it worthwhile, as it was and with no time to plan upon realising she was '4' she should have just stuck with it and then scrambled to try bring Katie and Monica into a girls aliance (or something, ANYTHING).

Hayden is now the underdog that is trying to topple the king so I think he will have a lot of fan support and if he makes it to the final he has a good chance to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome back, Starlet!

Yes, Ciera should have made her move last week and she could have put herself in a great position to win the game. Now she is in a very risky spot and may not even make it to Final Tribal Council. Love watching her as a player though as she keeps it unpredictable!

When does the person from RI return? At the Final 4? Making it a Final 5 again? If so Ciera might have been best just sticking with Tyson/Gervase/Monica and hoping that her mum returned again (which is most likely) and then the girls could have joined forces and voted out Tyson and Gervase. Surely even Monica has to realise her chances would be better against Laura and Ciera than against Tyson and Gervase?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starlet wrote: »
    ^ It's always been the case that a new idol comes out once one is played.

I've definitely seen some seasons where more than one idol is in play at a time, and someone has held more than one even.

And the only one I can really support in this season now is Tyson, he's been more interesting and he's had the guts to play the game from the start.
  • Options
    TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What season was the other drawing rocks tribal?
    I quite enjoyed that :)

It was season 4 but they have since admitted that it was actually a mistake - it wasn't mean't to be used at final 4 since then they have always used the fire challenge from final 4 onwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    I've definitely seen some seasons where more than one idol is in play at a time, and someone has held more than one even.

Yeah, those seasons had Russell Hantz on them.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Season 4.
    Tigerpaws wrote: »
    It was season 4 but they have since admitted that it was actually a mistake - it wasn't mean't to be used at final 4 since then they have always used the fire challenge from final 4 onwards.
    Ahh thanks :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Paschal.