Corrie would have been Screwed at Soap Awards without the Hayley Storyline

Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I mean apart from that storyline what else was good about Corrie last year they are very lucky .

Comments

• attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the same too. But the storyline deserves all it's awards IMO.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Exactly what I was thinking .
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Still won three without it, better than EastEnders and Emmerdale.
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch Coronation Street, so can't comment on the storyline, but blooming 'eck Julie H gets on my wick.

Glad Hayley's dead, at least she won't be at the next batch of awards.
  • PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now now, lets be gracious
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the same with Real Madrid last night.

If they hadn't been so much better than the other team, they'd never have won that cup.

They were very lucky.

EastEnders should have won the European Cup, even Ronaldo and Gareth Bale knew that.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they hadn't been so much better than the other team, they'd never have won that cup.

They were very lucky.

EastEnders should have won the European Cup, even Ronaldo and Gareth Bale knew that.

:D:D:D:D

I'm enjoying the dummy throwing from Eastenders fans on Twitter tonight I must say. They'd have been screwed without that made up award for some random, behind the scene woman;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well to be honest they would have had another big story in its place
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They were very lucky.

:D:D:D:cool:

Anyway, it's a stupid statement to make. If Corrie hadn't had the Hayley sl, they would have had another sl, which could have been just as good. No way of knowing and who cares anyway - GO CORRIE - Brilliant night for them!!! :cool::cool:

PS David Neilson is simply a legend, in a league of his own. :cool:

PPS I think I might possibly be in love with you Uncle Q. :D
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    It did appear that way, don't mean this in any particular cynical way because I do like Corrie but i've thought for a while that there seems to be a bit of a soft spot and sense of favoritism towards Corrie
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still won three without it, better than EastEnders and Emmerdale.
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

Anyway, it's a stupid statement to make. If Corrie hadn't had the Hayley sl, they would have had another sl, which could have been just as good. No way of knowing and who cares anyway - GO CORRIE - Brilliant night for them!!! :cool::cool:

Exactly :confused: What a silly thread to make :p
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It did appear that way, don't mean this in any particular cynical way because I do like Corrie but i've thought for a while that there seems to be a bit of a soft spot and sense of favoritism towards Corrie

The best actor and actress award are voted for by the public.

Sour grapes is unattractive.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

David has been brilliant from day one. His award is long overdue, He's one of the best actors Corrie has ever had.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    I said this the other day as well. I also think the Hayley storyline won to many awards tonight personally .
  • LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was such a win for the sake or it

It wasn't even written good. The story was just 'technically' a good one
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Hayley this year, Lucy next year. *crosses fingers* The initial aftermath was outstanding, and that episode when Ian found out was the best in years. Adam deserves every award going.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I loves you too lovely! :)

xxx
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While the Hayley storyline was good, Corrie essentially won three awards for one storyline. Makes it a bit stale to watch. The storyline could have been poorly executed and it still would have won just because Hayley is a corrie legend.
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    The best actor and actress award are voted for by the public.

Sour grapes is unattractive.

Not really sour grapes :) as mentioned previously i like Corrie. But its an example of how some soaps (like Emmerdale) can get overlooked (not necessarily saying it should have outrightly won the best soap although I would've liked it to but it deserved more awards) for whatever reason yet Corrie when it hasn't been at its best still continues to get recognised and praised.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Roy/Haley deserved those awards. I'm not a huge Corrie fan, and I hate how they did Haley's death (under any producer [except for Bryan Kirkwood] that would have been an emotional roller-coaster, as it was I didn't shed any tears and I'm one of Haley's biggest fans for most of my life), but for the time frame involved, EE didn't deserve those awards (majority Lorraine Newman) while those two characters are national icons and really did deserve the wins. (independently of the story or the story line).

Mind you, by this time next year I'll be saying that EE deserves to sweep the boards. But for now: well done Roy and Haley!
  • ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean apart from that storyline what else was good about Corrie last year they are very lucky .

Well it's not lucky, is it now? They executed a phenomenal story line last year, and it won three awards. Hardly luck.
  • Superstar99Superstar99 Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And if EE picks up any awards next year and thats a big if, you will have no qualms with people saying that EE would be screwed unless it was for the Lucy storyline?

No I didn't think so, please leave and take your sour grapes with you!
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David and Julie deserved their awards, even if it did become embarrassing each time their names were called.
    Sadly their watchable storyline was followed by a rubbish storyline about a sex predator and a tramp girl, which is why I, and many others, gave up on CS.
    Well done, Hollyoaks.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez was that annoying. It was just obvious as long as them two were in the category they'd won it. Yawn! Might as well have stayed on the stage... felt like the 'Hayley and Roy cropper show' not the BSA's. Yes it was an ok and sensitive storyline, but I think most of us got a tad sick of it towards the end...
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they won awards. Both are very competent actors and are overlooked most years. Well done.