Options

The FAIR CITY Thread

Comments

• Options
    SparkleBeeSparkleBee Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing that Jane will uncover their fling and blackmail Niamh.

Recycling the very same storyline. I hope not.
  • Options
    CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe himself and Callum start a relationship and Callum finds out.

Has John Deegan left for good, he hasn't been around for months and this other guy, Frank Maguire, seems to be taking his role recently.
  • Options
    SparkleBeeSparkleBee Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Niamh's affair. Cannot say how disappointed I am to hear this. She played a blinder when she thought she had been cheated on and now here she goes. Lazy writing and storyline me thinks.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Yup, sounds like a snooze-fest, SparkleBee.
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuishla wrote: »
    Maybe himself and Callum start a relationship and Callum finds out.

Has John Deegan left for good, he hasn't been around for months and this other guy, Frank Maguire, seems to be taking his role recently.

Looks like Deegan has gone :( I liked him and Myles. Don't like the new guy at all.

How close is Tommy to getting caught? How the hell did he end up in the bedroom tonight and why would he even want to go there? He is pushing it a bit now!
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk about insulting the intelligence of viewers tonight with those comically bad scenes of Tommy watching Bob and Judith sleeping:(
    Completely and utterly ridiculous that not at least one of them would "sense" someone watching them from two feet away, especially Judith who you would imagine isn't sleeping properly anyway with all the stress she is under.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh. My. GOD. WHY won't the Dillon stuff end!?!
    *bangs head on desk*
    Can't believe how much has changed in a year. From Paddy Bishop to this crap. >:(
  • Options
    auddemauddem Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    Oh. My. GOD. WHY won't the Dillon stuff end!?!
    *bangs head on desk*
    Can't believe how much has changed in a year. From Paddy Bishop to this crap. >:(

It all comes to a head AGAIN next week. Yawn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    auddem wrote: »

Oh boy. I can't wait for that suck. -_-
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    auddem wrote: »

Hopefully it involves Tommy, Judith, Jane and maybe Dan as well and that gun that Tommy was waving around the other week when we pretended to be going hunting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cuishla wrote: »
    Hopefully it involves Tommy, Judith, Jane and maybe Dan as well and that gun that Tommy was waving around the other week when we pretended to be going hunting.

Oh, wouldn't it be marvelous?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh thank jebus. It looks like the Dillon Saga is over next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh what joy look who is back tonight
    Mondo
    with
    Louise Doyle following him next week

Are Ken and Deirdre going to be coming back, or are they going to leave it with the one letter to the Faheys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So gang, what do we think of today's ep? I think it would have been a bigger twist if it was Judith that got shot instead of Bob.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Judith.
    In the space of not even a year, she's watched her lover burn to death in a fire and is held hostage at gunpoint by her crazy ex-husband, watching another lover get shot.
    I'm sure she'll be back in her surgery next week though working away as normal!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe Judith told Tommy about the baby. Whatever about him possibly not remembering it, Bob is also aware of it now. It's bound to come out during the wedding.

Really not liking the Niamh and Michael story. Here she is having an affair with this younger man in the very home belonging to the man she was with when she had the the affair with Paul. Has she no shame!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Niamh's affair storyline....not too often we see an affair from the woman's point-of-view.
    Also, Niamh has form. She was a right hussy when she first came to Carraigstown, getting it on with her teacher and what not.
    They tuned her character very matronly and self-righteous over the years...I'm glad the promiscuous Niamh of old is back:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I must admit, I quite like that it's Niamh cheating on Paul this time around. Also, I like that they've added a splash of colour to her clothes and that she's not being styled like an old mammy. She's looking well these days.

Really hope Orla reports Judith, if it leads to Judith leaving. I officially can't stand that character any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    Really hope Orla reports Judith, if it leads to Judith leaving. I officially can't stand that character any more.

Judith can't ever leave until Kitty makes an appearance :o

It's a pity they didn't have Padraig Murray reprise his role as Dr. Roche for the scenes last night at the hospital with Bob
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Poor Judith.
    In the space of not even a year, she's watched her lover burn to death in a fire and is held hostage at gunpoint by her crazy ex-husband, watching another lover get shot.
    I'm sure she'll be back in her surgery next week though working away as normal!

You'd think Tommy and Bob would come to the conclusion she's really bad news after all this and both ditch her :D
  • Options
    doug82doug82 Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I've really enjoyed the Dillon storyline. Marital breakdown is generally treated in such a trivial manner without any exploration of the physchological effects. The actor playing tommy is excellent and would probably be winning awards if this was on a UK soap. There seems to be a general rush to criticise on this forum. Maybe it's just an Irish thing
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geoff Minogue is fantastic, he's really shone in this story and I do love the twist of him being Orla's baby's father. I have to say I find the Dillons much more watchable than the Bishops. (I did catch some of their story but it never drew me into the show like the Tommy story has) My one criticism is that it does feel a bit repetitive at times, like 2 episodes a week would be sufficient.

Great to have Louise back (hottest cast member by far), more screentime for the Doyles is inspired. (Didn't you suggest that Cuishla :D) Liking her sister scenes with Yvonne. Also nice to see some new blood in the O Briens, extending Michael's connections seems a good idea and if it puts an end to his affair with Niamh then it's an added bonus. (I really can't watch that story)

What is the story with Jane? Has everyone just forgiven her for pretending to have cancer? How did she worm her way out of that one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My problem with the Dillon's story is that it dragged on for too long and about half way through Judith became really unlikable for me, so I didn't care at all what happened to her. Towards the end, it was Tommy and Bob that kept my attention. Aoibheann McCaul (Caoimhe) was great through it all though. Love that character.

edited to add: plus any time the Dillons took center stage, in the last throes of the story, this thread DIED.
  • Options
    Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeff Minogue is excellent and i had feared this storyline was his exit. With Fair City you never know if anyone is leaving until they are gone so i hope he is staying. I cant stand Judith and while Tommy was in the wrong having affairs etc i was always on his side. Judith is patronising and everything is about keeping up a good image (what would the neighbours or kids think) a traditional enriched in Irish heritage in older years. It will be interesting where Tommy goes from here.

I dont want Niamh and Paul to split although her having the affair for a change is good, that said, Paul has cheated on Niamh in the past but he never had a full blown affair, it was one night stands so i can not see Paul taking her back although i have a feeling this storyline will run the opposite way, Niamh will tell Paul she is leaving him and he will be doing everything to keep her.

Mondo is a pointless character who adds nothing to the show, Christy needs a storyline and also i wonder how they will handle Esthers death in the show as i would think that will come up very soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Great to have Louise back (hottest cast member by far), more screentime for the Doyles is inspired. (Didn't you suggest that Cuishla :D) Liking her sister scenes with Yvonne.

I did, and I'm glad she came back without Ryan. Although I'm a little confused as to her purpose at the moment. You mentioned that the Dillon storyline was repetitive at times; all Louise seems to do is follow Mondo around in every episode and issue vague threats about having her money tomorrow or next Tuesday. There are some characters that I thought would be present, absent while she's around as well. Dan being one, and Rachel another. Yvonne has always been protective of her niece, I don't think Louise has thought of her once since being back.
    Christy needs a storyline

What could they give him though. Since Val left all he's done really is a few scenes in the shop. I can't see them bringing another Farrah into it, but what about his brother Hughie coming back. I wasn't watching when he was around first. Or with the Faheys hearing from Deirdre recently, it could pave the way for Heather, Eleanor and Brendan to return as well.