What 'not very nice' comment did a housemate make about Emma Willis?

DayCarDayCar Posts: 463
Forum Member
Does anyone recall Friday's BOTS and Emma and Rylan were talking about a male housemate, Emma said something along the lines of 'I do like him even though he's said some not very nice things about me, but oh well I'll get over it' - does anyone who she was talking about and what did he say? Haven't been able to find it anywhere! Thanks if anyone can help :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    Matthew wrote a piece about BB and called her wooden etc
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matthew had called her "wooden" in his blog IIRC?
  • lolacolalolacola Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it Matthew. Didn't he say something like she was wooden or something?
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    There was me thinking Marlon had said something! :o:o

:p
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, I think Emma has improved a lot after a shakey start (remember her first ever episode when she was out of breath for the entire thing? :D). She's significantly better than Brian and marginally better than Davina.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Aw, I think Emma has improved a lot after a shakey start (remember her first ever episode when she was out of breath for the entire thing? :D). She's significantly better than Brian and marginally better than Davina.

Agree to the first, ;-)vehemently disagree to the latter:p
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Matthew was being kind.

I never used to overly like Davina thinking her too affected, too OTT and somewhat insincere, but I now realise that in comparison to Ms Willis, she was in a different league.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Matthew was being kind.

I never used to overly like Davina thinking her too affected, too OTT and somewhat insincere, but I now realise that in comparison to Ms Willis, she was in a different league.

Agree.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    pat_carter wrote: »
    Matthew wrote a piece about BB and called her wooden etc

She is still better than shouty Davina though
  • previewspreviews Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Davina and Emma are high quality live presenters, someone who producers can rely on to bring a level of unforced enthusiasm to whatever they're fronting up..
    Davina was fine in her day for the show but it would seem beyond peculiar if she was still presenting BB and Emma seems just right for presenting the current iteration of the show.
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    DayCar wrote: »
    Does anyone recall Friday's BOTS and Emma and Rylan were talking about a male housemate, Emma said something along the lines of 'I do like him even though he's said some not very nice things about me, but oh well I'll get over it' - does anyone who she was talking about and what did he say? Haven't been able to find it anywhere! Thanks if anyone can help :)
    "THE best reality TV show around, has relinquished itself of all originality, humour and ability to actually come up with a proper twist, decent enough to excite any viewer. Between, the repulsively designed house layout, Emma Willis's wooden presenting and unsurprisingly the producers lack of charismatic housemates, the show continues to follow a downward spiral, which I have no doubt will result in Channel 5's cancellation sooner than expected - perhaps after they at least milk another couple of shit series' out of what dignity the producers have left of the show.

"Firstly, as fond of Emma as I am, I couldn't help but notice how anxious she was. Bearing in mind this is Big Brother and she doesn't have the most intellectually minded audience to impress, what reason to be so nervous? Unfortunately for Emma, her debut appearance as host of the prime-time show was considerably wooden. Reading Twitter It appears most fans disagree, however I truly cannot comprehend where all the praiseworthy comments come from! People must be too easily pleased."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/matthew-davies/big-brother-14-launch-nig_b_3445802.html
  • RealDipStickRealDipStick Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avidian wrote: »
    "THE best reality TV show around, has relinquished itself of all originality, humour and ability to actually come up with a proper twist, decent enough to excite any viewer. Between, the repulsively designed house layout, Emma Willis's wooden presenting and unsurprisingly the producers lack of charismatic housemates, the show continues to follow a downward spiral, which I have no doubt will result in Channel 5's cancellation sooner than expected - perhaps after they at least milk another couple of shit series' out of what dignity the producers have left of the show.

"Firstly, as fond of Emma as I am, I couldn't help but notice how anxious she was. Bearing in mind this is Big Brother and she doesn't have the most intellectually minded audience to impress, what reason to be so nervous? Unfortunately for Emma, her debut appearance as host of the prime-time show was considerably wooden. Reading Twitter It appears most fans disagree, however I truly cannot comprehend where all the praiseworthy comments come from! People must be too easily pleased."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/matthew-davies/big-brother-14-launch-nig_b_3445802.html

At the top of that blog Matthew's described as "Advertising Professional, Former Media Graduate, Writer, Blogger and Lover of Pop Culture".

How did he become a "Former Media Graduate"?

Did he graduate and then have his degree taken off him for some reason?

Also:

He was much ruder about Rylan than Emma:

"The only thing my eyes can't stop looking at is Rylan's set of ugly new teeth which I can't seem to grasp why someone would waste so much money on."
  • crisis3crisis3 Posts: 2,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lolacola wrote: »
    Wasn't it Matthew. Didn't he say something like she was wooden or something?

He just became my fav :D
    I have to watch the eviction show on mute with subtitles when that screeching banshee's lips.are moving.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »

no...
  • DayCarDayCar Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Avidian wrote: »

Ha, interesting. Thanks everyone!

As much as I used to love Davina, Emma is just as good in my opinion. Her eviction interviews are definitely more probing and she does pull the HMs up about things unlike Davina (we will ignore the Pauline interview, I don't even think Oprah would get a straight answer out of her).

And as for presenting she's settled right in now and is absolutely fine, her first series was her first prime time gig for a while I think so she was bound to be nervous.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew is one of the etremely pessimistic BB fans we see so much
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member

As much as I used to love Davina, Emma is just as good in my opinion. Her eviction interviews are definitely more probing and she does pull the HMs up about things unlike Davina (we will ignore the Pauline interview, I don't even think Oprah would get a straight answer out of her).

And as for presenting she's settled right in now and is absolutely fine, her first series was her first prime time gig for a while I think so she was bound to be nervous.

I think they should get Vanessa Feltz to interview the evicted housemates - she will definitely not stand any nonsense - I absolutely love her.
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member

The irony being that Matthew was scared witless when he came out of the iris on Launch night.

You can hear him saying "get me out of here" to Emma, who was taking her him time coming down the stairs (purposely, I hope):

http://tinypic.com/r/2znx05k/8

There a scathing article in the "The Jewish Chronicle" about him what he said in his VT:

http://www.thejc.com/comment-and-debate/analysis/119720/will-davies-now-learn

:D