Options

Eurogamer Game Predictions

hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
Forum Member
✭✭
So the early bird tickets have been released and I'll be getting mine this evening.

What games do you think will be there this year?

Comments

• Options
    FlatfishrayFlatfishray Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Haven't yet thought about what games will be there, but was ecstatic to find that it's on at the same time that we've got a special trip to London for the Dolphins game at Wembley! OH's not in the least bit interested in gaming, but he's happy enough for us to spend some time at Eurogamer too, so I've just bought tickets - before he changes his mind! ;-)

I'm super excited, I never thought I'd actually get to go to it. :D:D
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my early bird tickets last night. Only cost me £8.75 each as we was with virgin. So excited specially as it was so much fun last year!

Cannot wait to see what games and stuff they have there was a great day out for me and my best mate, its a bit of bro bonding time too haha.

Roll on 25th September 2014!
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure if I can go yet, got to wait until the end of next week to get my new shift pattern. :( Fingers crossed I can make it, had a great time the last 2 years.

Highlights should include -

The Division
    The Order 1886
    Uncharted 4
    Call of Duty
    Assassin's Creed Unity
    Alien Isolation
    Halo 5
    The Witcher 3
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Got my early bird tickets last night. Only cost me £8.75 each as we was with virgin. So excited specially as it was so much fun last year!

Cannot wait to see what games and stuff they have there was a great day out for me and my best mate, its a bit of bro bonding time too haha.

Roll on 25th September 2014!

Where did you go to get the early bird tickets as I'm also with virgin. I would like to try and get a couple of tickets for my nephews birthday.
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    Where did you go to get the early bird tickets as I'm also with virgin. I would like to try and get a couple of tickets for my nephews birthday.

Looks to me like all the Virgin Media tickets have gone:
    http://www.egxlondon.net/tickets

Managed to get two early-bird ones for the Friday when they went on sale yesterday, well chuffed, never been to any kind of con' before!
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Looks to me like all the Virgin Media tickets have gone:
    http://www.egxlondon.net/tickets

Managed to get two early-bird ones for the Friday when they went on sale yesterday, well chuffed, never been to any kind of con' before!

Thanks for the link shame the tickets have gone. I will try the Virgin web site in a couple of weeks to see if the put some more tickets on there.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that both Alien: Isolation and Batman: Arkham Knight are released in October, they must surely both be at the "EGX London" as it's now called.

Arkham City was there in 2011, a month before release, and Alien: Isolation has already been shown at EGX Rezzed in Birmingham last month.

I'm really hoping for Uncharted 4. Number 3 was shown in 2011, plus there was a great Naughty Dog dev session that year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Given that both Alien: Isolation and Batman: Arkham Knight are released in October, they must surely both be at the "EGX London" as it's now called.

Arkham City was there in 2011, a month before release, and Alien: Isolation has already been shown at EGX Rezzed in Birmingham last month.

I'm really hoping for Uncharted 4. Number 3 was shown in 2011, plus there was a great Naughty Dog dev session that year.

Oooh Uncharted 4 would be fun to see, although I don't have a PS4 so I won't be able to play it....although as more games are released and the price comes down then I might get one.

I didn't get to play on the PS4 properly last year because when I "got in" to the enclosure after queuing for half an hour (it was the end of the day) the only game with free slots was some worm like game, can't remember the name, but it wasn't very inspiring!!

I had a great day though, I kinda preferred milling around and having a go on the smaller app games where I didn't feel pressure to move on and I got to speak to some cool developers :)

I saw the news today about the Bedroom to Billions documentary preview that should be interesting! I missed most of the good talks last year because I had an afternoon ticket.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd really like UC4 to be shown and also would love a Naughty Dog talk!! I missed out on the good talks last year because I only had an afternoon ticket.

I didn't get to play on a ps4 properly either as after queuing for ages to get into the "enclosure" the only game spare was this kinda wormy game which wasn't very inspiring.

Although I must admit, I take my time with games to get things right so I feel a bit under pressure when people are waiting behind me, when I played Beyond Two Souls I got stuck because I found the controls disorientating and I was a bit :blush:

I can't wait for it, and I hope I get to the see the preview documentary From Bedroom to Billions, that looks interesting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Playable games so far on the show floor:

http://www.egxlondon.net/whats-on/show-floor

Alien: Isolation
    Battlefield Hardline
    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
    Destiny
    Evolve
    Fable Legends
    Forza Horizon 2
    Halo: The Master Chief Collection
    Nosgoth
    Project Spark
    Sunset Overdrive
    War Thunder

Destiny seems a bit pointless, given that it will have already been released earlier in September.

I definitely want to play Alien: Isolation, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

I'll be there on the Friday and Saturday - 2 day press pass! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Driveclub and Litlle Big Planet 3 have been confirmed as playable on the show floor.
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ill also be there on the Saturday,4th year for me this time with no young nephew with me,really looking forward to it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3rd visit for me this year, having to go on the Sunday this time though.

Just trying to find a decent hotel as our usual one is fully booked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm staying at the Ibis nearby. Booked it a while ago.

This will be my third Eurogamer Expo (or "EGX London" as it now is), after 2011 and 2013.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    The joys of working in the Hotel industry.

"Just stick me in a make up bed in a linen room guys, i'm good":D

I once slept on a mattress in a huge conference room when i was out on business, because the hotel i had a meeting at had overbooked and i drew the short straw.Room had a bar though so i was happy.

Friend of mine has a spare ticket for this, so if i'm not working i may pop down.
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    The joys of working in the Hotel industry.

"Just stick me in a make up bed in a linen room guys, i'm good":D

I once slept on a mattress in a huge conference room when i was out on business, because the hotel i had a meeting at had overbooked and i drew the short straw.Room had a bar though so i was happy.

Friend of mine has a spare ticket for this, so if i'm not working i may pop down.

lol

i considered staying overnight myself,but the cost of London is a little pricey so its return train for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm staying at the Ibis nearby. Booked it a while ago.

This will be my third Eurogamer Expo (or "EGX London" as it now is), after 2011 and 2013.

That's where I've stayed the last 2 years, but changes at work, plus it being a mates 40th birthday weekend meant I had to leave booking until late and so I can't get in there this time. Got the lads round tonight to look at alternatives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS4 exclusives Bloodborne, Until Dawn and The Order: 1886 will be playable at the event.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More confirmed playable games -

Far Cry 4
    The Crew
    Assassin's Creed Rogue
    Lords of the Fallen
    Sleeping Dogs HD
    Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
    Lara Croft and the Temple of the Osiris
  • Options
    iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Rumour is Red Dead Redemption 2 is being announced at EGX
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Rumour is Red Dead Redemption 2 is being announced at EGX

Don't joke about RDR2.

You'll be getting hopes up. I've been burned before.
  • Options
    iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Don't joke about RDR2.

You'll be getting hopes up. I've been burned before.

According to an article, regarding Take 2 and/or R* which referred to a recent job advert/application was for a new project that required a Project Manager or something along those lines. This advert was placed after the announcement of GTA V for next gen consoles.

So we can only assume it's gonna be RDR2, Bully or Manhunt or an entirely new I.P.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EGX isn't really the place for announcements like that. There are no big press conferences. I'd be very surprised if it was true, even though it would be kinda cool.
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to an article, regarding Take 2 and/or R* which referred to a recent job advert/application was for a new project that required a Project Manager or something along those lines. This advert was placed after the announcement of GTA V for next gen consoles.

So we can only assume it's gonna be RDR2, Bully or Manhunt or an entirely new I.P.

Ohh I'd lie to see Manhunt. But alas no one likes stealth games anymore
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a rumour that the main EGX show could be moving to the NEC in 2015. Handy for me, because it's literally 20 mins down the road, but I'd need to find a new excuse to go party in London every year.