I like Lauren but I suspect she has been moved into full Stacey slater territory now

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I suppose now she will be moved into full number one female now with tonight's developments.

I hope not too many Stacey stories though.

People say the Brannings will be stepped back but I still think she will be at the forefront of the show.

Not everyone will agree though with this

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I suppose now she will be moved into full number one female now with tonight's developments.

People say the Brannings will be stepped back but I still think she will be at the forefront of the show.

I agree!

But, imo, Jacqueline's acting abilities are very limited when compared to Lacey Turner's.Of course, I'm not saying Lacey was/is a brilliant actress, but as the bi polar storyline showed, she played her part well, unlike Jacqueline who seemed to shout through her lines during the alcoholism storyline! :eek:
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She aint no Stacey.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, because Lauren is not good enough to do what Stacey did, well right now anyway.

I really think next year will be mixed.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She no Stacey, I like Lauren when she isn't moaning but I just think she limited to certain acting, Danielle Harold has more of the Lacey Turner vibe.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it, why are they pushing Lauren to the front of the storylines all the time ? she's doing my head in, she's always involved in storylines in some way.
  • Bomani channingBomani channing Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

not there yet, i did have a horrible flash of deja vu tho but stacey was insufferable.She was always placed in every and any s/l just so lacey could do her one trick
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I don't get it, why are they pushing Lauren to the front of the storylines all the time ? she's doing my head in, she's always involved in storylines in some way.

Because she's a Branning and one of the top 2 best looking girls in the show.
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Lauren ,but agree she's no Stacey :o I also agree with the Poster that Lola has more of the Stacey vibe in terms of acting ability and seems to be underused on EE and seems capable of carrying far stronger story lines than what she's being given at the moment
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cah wrote: »
    I like Lauren ,but agree she's no Stacey :o I also agree with the Poster that Lola has more of the Stacey vibe in terms of acting ability and seems to be underused on EE and seems capable of carrying far stronger story lines than what she's being given at the moment

The girl who plays Lola who I like is actually the same age as jacqueline jossa in real life but is cast as a younger teen so won't get so much
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girl who plays Lola who I like is actually the same age as jacqueline jossa in real life but is cast as a younger teen so won't get so much

Don't think because she is cast as a young teen, is why she won't get much. Like someone said the only reason Lauren has been where she is so far is because she is a Branning. It would have been the same had it been Maddie in the role.

I think Stacy was something different and no one can really come close to her.

I do agree Lola will never be the it girl, shame though. Its funny because I think Melissa Suffield was probably ready to take this mantle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think because she is cast as a young teen, is why she won't get much. Like someone said the only reason Lauren has been where she is so far is because she is a Branning. It would have been the same had it been Maddie in the role.

I do agree Lola will never be the it girl, shame though. Its funny because I think Melissa Suffield was probably ready to take this mantle.
    But that is just fanboyism talking, lacey turner was a one trick pony at best and far from unique.There wasnt any nuance in her style that jessie wallace hadnt done previously. Yes her performance in those bipolar episodes were great but her on screen mother's turn at it (much earlier) was better and that was without the razz matazz of camera angles and sound effects.

And how easy you forget the amount of praise whitney was gathering with all her dark s/ls.

She more than anyone could've easily picked up from where stacey left (if not for bk/ln).But is shona mcgarty particularly exceptional at acting? I wouldnt say so. Its not so much about being unique as it is about having a character constantly in some sort of predicament = building a fanbase of teenage girls
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »

Other one being Lucy Beale right?!
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    At least it's not Whitney being pushed on us again. I got so sick of Whit taking up space in EE with all her boyfriends. And I do like Lauren.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stevieg786 wrote: »
    Other one being Lucy Beale right?!

No. The other one being Sadie.
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a light and shade in Lauren, that i never saw in the hideous, miserable whingebag that was the god awful Stacey Slater.
    I've never hated the show as much as i did when her, and the equally hideous Kat, dominated the show.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Lauren is nowhere near as good as Stacey. Stacey was a generally popular character and probably one of EEs best. Lauren is shoved down our throats and not particularly popular. Stacey got lots of screen time but the viewers liked seeing her. The majority of the time I see Lauren I want her to go away.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even at her worst Stacey had an element of likeability, Lauren doesn't have any even at her best.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cah wrote: »

Agree Lola is a lot more likeable than Lauren, and Lola has had a lot of strong storylines and has been brilliant in them all, I think DTC will involve her her in the Carter storylines .. Lola is one to watch.
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    Lauren is nowhere near as good as Stacey. Stacey was a generally popular character and probably one of EEs best. Lauren is shoved down our throats and not particularly popular. Stacey got lots of screen time but the viewers liked seeing her. The majority of the time I see Lauren I want her to go away.
    Me too I like Lauren but Stacey was just brill
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Lola is the new Stacey
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hated Stacey, hate Lauren.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacey benefited from the fact she was only 16 and a stand alone character, we never saw her grow up from childhood etc and she had a unwritten history at the time, we saw it all unfold on screen, I think for the likes of Lauren and Lucy is we know about them, their history, attachment to their respective families its much easier to make a judgement on that and the fact is a lot of their storylines are connected to their families its can sometimes be hard to give them something of their own to stand out.

Lola is very much like Stacey in the respect, she connected to the Mitchells like Stacey was with the Slaters but she has a lot of unexplored history they could use if they wanted too.
  • ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This!!

and it's not fanboyism. :rolleyes:
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,374
    Forum Member

Believe it or not, some of us watch Eastenders for the storylines and not to ogle teenagers :D ( I have children who are older than most of them :o).

It would be nice to have a break from her though, she has an extremely annoying screechy voice..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. The other one being Sadie.

Well I think Sam that plays Ronnie is a stunning woman.. Sadie's too average hot, she's good looking but there's nothing unique about her good looks, you could put her in a line of brunette women In a beauty contest and she would look the same as about 3 other of the women there, whereas Ronnie is stunning but her facial features are kind of unique.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lexii-Mae wrote: »
    Well I think Sam that plays Ronnie is a stunning woman.. Sadie's too average hot, she's good looking but there's nothing unique about her good looks, you could put her in a line of brunette women In a beauty contest and she would look the same as about 3 other of the women there, whereas Ronnie is stunning but her facial features are kind of unique.
    there is no such thing lol