Options

What do I do now? Official Thread?

Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's just hit me, now that Doctor Who is over, I honestly am not sure what to do to get the same fix! I never used to religiously watch when the episode live, but I always reserved some time for Doctor Who - Quite surprised how much of a gap it's left !!

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carry on with the rewatch. Close to finishing season 3, on episode 2 of the war machines. Hope to start season 4 tomorrow with the smugglers.
  • Options
    Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first few weeks are always the hardest. I'm doing the same as bennythedip though and rewatching the classics, though not neccessarily in the same order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im finding it hard at the moment as so many episodes are missing.
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Classics are a good idea, I got through quite a bit last year, need to finish off Pertwees' era !
  • Options
    Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im finding it hard at the moment as so many episodes are missing.

There's always the telesnap reconstructions although sometimes they take a bit of getting used to and some are better than others. The Abominable Snowman's missing episodes, for example, are still very much enjoyable with just the telesnaps and audio, but The Wheel in Space's can be easy to get lost in without the moving footage.
  • Options
    darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gonna have another bash at a classic who marathon starting January 1st 2016 as i have a feeling 2016 will be who free til december 25th :)
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord Smexy wrote: »
    The first few weeks are always the hardest. I'm doing the same as bennythedip though and rewatching the classics, though not neccessarily in the same order.

Thank you Eric Morecambe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zHBN45fbo8

I'm working my way through the classics in chronological order. The next one I'll be watching is The War Games
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    It's just hit me, now that Doctor Who is over, I honestly am not sure what to do to get the same fix! I never used to religiously watch when the episode live, but I always reserved some time for Doctor Who - Quite surprised how much of a gap it's left !!

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Couple weeks ago I got up to The Dead Planet episode 4
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a Doctor Who moment on Strictly tonight! which was good. They had a TARDIS in the studio.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,339
    Forum Member
    It's not exactly a long period of nothing when there is another new episode in less than 2 weeks.

It will likely be a very long wait afterwards, but that is then and this is now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not exactly a long period of nothing when there is another new episode in less than 2 weeks.

It will likely be a very long wait afterwards, but that is then and this is now.

Very true 2 weeks will seem like nothing compared to the wait between the Christmas special and series 10!
    I hoe it is a full series next year, if it is I expect it wont start till 1st of October and finish on the 17th December, but I suppose it could even run from 7th of October to 24th December next year!
  • Options
    doublefourdoublefour Posts: 6,022
    Forum Member
    Whenever the series returns in 2016 there is a large gap to fill. Have been doing a complete rewatch since this January which I will finish soon. Moving on to a long list of Big Finish audios to fill the gap, there is plenty to choose from. I'm hoping its enough to get my fix :)
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By Christmas I expect I'll have Series 8 on DVD at the very least. Which means all I'll be missing is Series 9 and Night Of The Doctor, but AFAIK there's no single episode release for that... which is annoying!

Apart from that I'm definitely ready for a re watch from Season 1 in 2016. Right after I've got through 24 ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    By Christmas I expect I'll have Series 8 on DVD at the very least. Which means all I'll be missing is Series 9 and Night Of The Doctor, but AFAIK there's no single episode release for that... which is annoying!

Apart from that I'm definitely ready for a re watch from Season 1 in 2016. Right after I've got through 24 ;)

Night of the Doctor was on the Day of the Doctor DVD and Bluray disks, I assume you have that?

As regards Series 9 on DVD and Bluray I'm hoping that the BBC will release a boxset with the whole series on sometime in the new year, with hopefully last year's and this year's Christmas specials on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Rewatch!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Night of the Doctor was on the Day of the Doctor DVD and Bluray disks, I assume you have that?

As regards Series 9 on DVD and Bluray I'm hoping that the BBC will release a boxset with the whole series on sometime in the new year, with hopefully last year's and this year's Christmas specials on.

Sorry... Not "Night"... Time of The Doctor. :blush: I don't think that's on the anniversary DVD :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Sorry... Not "Night"... Time of The Doctor. :blush: I don't think that's on the anniversary DVD :)

Not on the stand alone release but in the big 50th anniversary box set with Name of the Doctor and An Adventure in Space and Time too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A rewatch from rose to husbands of river song in the new year is also an option. Watch classic who in the week and new stuff at the weekend. Should fill the gap nicely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Not on the stand alone release but in the big 50th anniversary box set with Name of the Doctor and An Adventure in Space and Time too.

I'll probably punt for that then! :)
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just been my Birthday, and my Parents got me three Doctor Who Soundtracks. :D

They are Series 7, The Doctor, Widow and the Wardrobe/The Snowmen 2 Disc set, and The Day of the Doctor/Time of The Doctor 2 Disc set.

I was also given two rare figures, which can only be found online, on Forbidden Planet's website and eBay. They are the 5 1/2 inch Twelfth Doctor in black suit with purple shirt, and a 5 1/2 inch Clara Oswald in purple dress.

I had a good day listening to the Series 7 soundtrack. Will listen to the other two sometime in the next week or two.

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    It's just been my Birthday, and my Parents got me three Doctor Who Soundtracks. :D

They are Series 7, The Doctor, Widow and the Wardrobe/The Snowmen 2 Disc set, and The Day of the Doctor/Time of The Doctor 2 Disc set.

I was also given two rare figures, which can only be found online, on Forbidden Planet's website and eBay. They are the 5 1/2 inch Twelfth Doctor in black suit with purple shirt, and a 5 1/2 inch Clara Oswald in purple dress.

I had a good day listening to the Series 7 soundtrack. Will listen to the other two sometime in the next week or two.

:)

Got both of them from my local Toys R Us for my birthday in November