Options

Homeland - Season 3 [ US Pace ]

Comments

• Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    I'm still finding it hard to believe Saul controls Javaidi at all. Ok, Javaidi took money from the Iranian Guard but there's clearly plenty of money where that came from as they didn't really notice. All Javaidi needs to do is come clean to them, be forgiven and in return he can feed back false information. He has killed his wife, his son hates him and he will never see his grandson again so I don't know what he has to lose further.

In any case, if he allows Brody to kill the head of the Iranian Guard, and he becomes top dog, then Saul has no leverage over him any more, has he? He will be running Iran and no one will care about the embezzled money, unless I've misunderstood?

Also I get that the proposed new head wanted Sauls house to be bugged, but don't understand how Mossad are involved , unless he just used one of their guys on the side?

It was stated that stealing that much money from the IRG would not be something they could possibly "forgive".

Even if he became head of the IRG, he would not be the number one guy in Iran, and the Supreme Leader (the top Ayatollah) also would be unlikely to "forgive" that kind of theft and corruption.

Mossad... perhaps it's simply Mossad taking the opportunity to spy on the head of the CIA (allies do still spy on each other), and the Senator has some connection to Mossad he's taking advantage of. Or yeah, maybe it's a side deal and Mossad itself is not involved. We may find out later...
    Tom2023 wrote: »
    There s nothing to understand. They are playing Middle Eastern Terrorist Group Bingo

Mossad is the Israeli equivalent of the CIA.
  • Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Mossad is the Israeli equivalent of the CIA.

Yes and the IRG is an Iranian army company.
    In the Middle East everyone who kills civilians are de facto Terrorist Groups
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has no one seen the latest US episode?

So much more action, and finally the plan is starting to come together.

Wonder what Farah is alluding to, with things that she says she has seen first hand?

Still don't trust Javaidi. He got back to Iran safely and it's all a win-win situation for him. He might use Brody to kill the Iranian Guard leader and then kill Brody rather than help get him out, especially as we saw how easily he killed the guy with Brody.

I thought Javaidi was part of the "exit plan" for Brody? They said Brody's exit plan was gone and now they're looking for Farah's uncle's house to use as a safe house, but isn't Javaidi supposed to make sure the plan goes ahead? Still a bit confused, will probably have to rewatch.
  • Options
    flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this week's ep, and I have to say it seems to be getting back to the Homeland of old. I will definitely have to re-watch as some of the dialogue is so quiet (even with the volume maxed out) I can easily miss bits - and they're usually the important bits.

lovetochat - maybe the CIA won't need to use Farah's uncle, they don't know Brody has made contact with Javadi yet, it might yet still go to plan, or like you say Javadi could just off Brody once he has executed his part of the mission. They definitely seem to be ramping up the tension now. About flippin' time!!
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    Wonder what Farah is alluding to, with things that she says she has seen first hand?

The woman being stabbed in the neck repeatedly one would assume...

I would like to see just one scene where Carrie doesn't have tears in her eyes. She's turned into the most annoying character, which is a shame because she was great in the first season.
  • Options
    si29uksi29uk Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a very tense and well directed episode. The writing was taut and some genuinely shocking moments.

I think this season - when viewed as a whole - will be much better regarded than many thought early on.

It has repaid the effort - IMHO
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    si29uk wrote: »
    It was a very tense and well directed episode. The writing was taut and some genuinely shocking moments.

I think this season - when viewed as a whole - will be much better regarded than many thought early on.

It has repaid the effort - IMHO

Too little too late as far as I'm concerned.

I'll carry on watching but out of habit rather than interest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman being stabbed in the neck repeatedly one would assume...

I would like to see just one scene where Carrie doesn't have tears in her eyes. She's turned into the most annoying character, which is a shame because she was great in the first season.

I thought it referenced things she had seen in Iran.
  • Options
    tom_domutoatom_domutoa Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    what a rocking last episode. The entry into Iran was nail biting and true Homeland.
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same here, will see out the rest of the season but If it ended after that wouldn't bother me.

Just seems like hard work to get through each episode this season.

Thank god The Good Wife and Person of Interest both brilliant this season.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Quality episode. I'm interested to see what Javadi's plans are. He's so unpredictable.

Looks like some time will have passed by next week's ep judging by the previews.
  • Options
    ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too, almost gave up after the last episode, but it really does need Damian Lewis in it.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, Carrie has disobeyed orders yet again. She hardly ever does that. :)

How they are going to get out of the mess at the end, I don't know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh no, Carrie has disobeyed orders yet again. She hardly ever does that. :)

How they are going to get out of the mess at the end, I don't know.

I think they messed this one up. It was far too easy......

Brodie changing would have been better......Killing him for being a traitor would have been a fitting ending.....he was a complex man so it should have remained that way.

javadi is useless now....no guarantee of him getting the job at all. Sauls plan is finished
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carrie does not disobey orders, she is always always rights
    cannot people see that? why should she listen if her superiors always get it wrong
    They gave Brody a mission and he has follow it through in true loyal marine / sniper style
    The only people who f**k up are the one in charge not the men on the ground
    Now Javadi will somehow help Brody…
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they don't kill him off… (of course we have been for long time in the realm of fantasy but I don't mind that)
    Brody quick thinking was fantastic… he has always done what he needs to do to survive and this time is not different… what he said it all started here…says it all about his frame of mind
  • Options
    standinmanstandinman Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Wow who expected that !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting to see how they get Brody out of Akbaris office, one of the most guarded places in Tehran, with armed guards everywhere ;-)
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrie will have to contact Javadi. Not sure if the Mossad men are still available to institute a big distraction. Much better episode with Damian in it. However if he does get back he is still in trouble for the YouTube broadcasts. If he wants his daughter to respect him he is making it difficult for himself. Perhaps they will have him stay in Iran.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Brody murder the Vice President in his office a few seasons back, soon as he looked at that ash tray I knew he would be bashing that Iranian bloke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brody is finished. they cant expect us to beleive that they can get him out, or Carrie can, especially in such a well protected place. If Javadi tries it he will be seen as an accessory to the chiefs murder.

Only course now is for Javadi to kill Brody when he is trying to escape thus becoming a hero,

or capture Brody and Carrie and hang Brody. Carrie to witness the hanging and abort her baby.

That will set Carrie up for next series with no child minding issues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was brilliant piece of writing when Nasir's wife amina met Brody. She called him 'My Nicholas' (only the Abus Nasirs called him by his first name).

Brody just melted in her presence. Brilliant acting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure they can get him out….well I want to so I am prepared to believe any far fetched plan :D
    Javadi made it clear to Carrie that as fas as he was concerned the mission was to kill Akbari and place himself in charge, Brody dismiss not his problem

Carries knows that, if she calls Javadi for help he will get in and kills Brody and no one will question him as Brody just killed the boss, so she will have to think of something else

Let not forget that Javadi believes that he has been blown by Brody so he will expect to die a slow dead. He may shoot himself and cause a much needed distraction?

Carrie can only call upon Farah;s Uncle for help, even the 2 guys on the ground have been instructed to kill Brody, unless Carrie can manage a quick call to Saul to inform of the killing and Saul order the two guys to cover/help… but this seems even more far fetched because Sauls loyalty towards Carrie is gone… can Quinn help from far away? can he just push the drone button in a moment of total Carrie Madness? :o:D

I hope that Brody doesn't not end again in a hole turtured that has been cover from every angle thank you very much ^_^

Can Brody just walk out like he did when he killed Walden as he is now officially a Big Man in Teheran as he was in Washington?

Something happened outside the Office, Brody heard a noise he raised his head for a second…

Brody cannot die, its obvious that his acting are keeping him alive
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    great episoide, ending was brilliant.

roll on sunday
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    feeVerte wrote: »
    unless Carrie can manage a quick call to Saul to inform of the killing and Saul order the two guys to cover/help… but this seems even more far fetched because Sauls loyalty towards Carrie is gone… can Quinn help from far away? can he just push the drone button in a moment of total Carrie Madness? :o:D

I don't think so. He was always very fatherly towards her - I think he loves her like a daughter.

I think Quinn will do his damndest to get her out.