The Unknown Factor - Live Show #2

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww Senja...it may not exactly be within the rules of the theme but come on, that was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I think we may be in the presence of a major darkhorse. The whole version of the song was in a totally different league compared to what we've seen so far tonight. Last week, I was looking for something that would impress me and after tonight's performance, I am now becoming a fan and if you keep this up, you could very well be a surprise contender in the line-up. For me, this was the best performance so far tonight, fantastic work, Senja.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Senja: Erm, this was certainly interesting, I have studied that poem for an exam before so it was interesting to hear it in musical form but I'm not quite sure that I wish to repeat the experience? I'd also like to know what exactly this song has to do with the theme, it was a really unusual pick and I didn't quite get it, whatever it was? Sorry, I think this is a rulebreaker.
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Sejna

Sejna I am really 50/50 on this one. When I saw Van Morrison I was a bit worried about you but then when I began listening to the cover I realised I should be worried. I really love the fact your mentor is keeping the guitar with you as that is really what I love seeing but the rest was bit meh. Was it as good as last week’s performance, I would say no. Not sure if it classes as a none rulebreaker though? I am 50/50 on it
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Senja: Erm, this was certainly interesting, I have studied that poem for an exam before so it was interesting to hear it in musical form but I'm not quite sure that I wish to repeat the experience? I'd also like to know what exactly this song has to do with the theme, it was a really unusual pick and I didn't quite get it, whatever it was? Sorry, I think this is a rulebreaker.

The word queen of hearts was mentioned in its lyrics :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it's based on the title though?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    Well done Sejna. Barry you are very lucky tonight because as it stands now Sejna wont be getting the rulebreaker tag as Jack didnt agree that he thought it was a rulebreaker. SO moving on with the next performance and it tonight comes from Adam Martin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6S-1BKaTII
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Martin: I thought this was awesome Adam, it was so quirky and cool and it had an excellent beat to it, it was really unique and distinctive and I don't think anyone managed to control the stage quite as well as you tonight. You're a born performer and it was perfect for your cool indie vocals, you're an amazing performer, congratulations, it was amazing and you did such a great job, I couldn't be more proud.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam, I'm not sure what to make of this song choice but at the same time, I thought that there was a big sign of improvement shown here. This is the sort of style you should be going for. Whilst the whole performance overall may not exactly be enough to convince me to become a fan of you, it is a step in the right path. You can get better with each week, but I just felt that there have been better acts tonight.
    Forum Member
    Adam Martin

This suited that edge you have in your voice really well Adam which surprised me as Noah and The Whale is not the type of artist I would’ve expected from you. I like how the guitar is back with you and I think that this performance was a big improvement on last week. Was it something that I think has put you back in the competition after last week, probably. I think your mentor did well with you tonight and you should be here next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam:- Adam I really like you as an artist I think your voice is actually terrific and I can see that you have a really authentic recording voice. I think this performance was good but not stellar, there were several things I loved about it, and also there were a few slight faults. Onto the positives, it was a great overall performance which showed a different side of you which I thoroughly enjoyed, and I think it brought you out of your shell, and allowed the audience to gain an indication of who you are as a person. I think you are a far better artist with darker more meaningful tracks, this song and last weeks doesn’t do your voice any justice. This is more folk rock but I’m not sure if that is who you are, I would actually love to see you take on a Will Young track, maybe an acoustic performance of jealousy, or Eagle eye cherry. Im just not feeling this direction for you, while you performed it well, this isn’t like the artist I first saw. I know with the right song choices you could be brilliant.
    Forum Member
    Congrats Adam another great performance from you tonight. So keeping tonight moving on we welcome Mikael Saari to the stage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKkMAqmLiOE
    Forum Member
    Mikael Saari

Last week you got generally good comments but people also said they wanted a more modern song so I thought what better time to go with this song! It allows you to keep with the amazing intensity you have when you perform, be more modern as an artist and it also gives your vocals a real chance to shine in this performance. I really am proud of you after than sensational performance Mikael and all I can say is that I hope we can keep this pace up and allow you to continue with these fantastic performances! Smashing Mikael, Smashing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikael performance of the series and the season, that was in a totally different level to everything in the competition. After tonight you are the front runner,

No1 came or will come close tonight

STANDING OVATION
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikael, your mentor had definitely took on board with what we said about finding a modern song for you and tonight. Whilst it was a very clever choice in regards to the title of the song, it was certainly a huge level of improvement shown by you tonight. I now believe that you are also becoming a major front-runner quicker than anyone can imagine. Well done on a brilliant job, Mikael.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikeael Saari: This was a pretty good song choice, the vocals were good, the performance was good, the whole feel was really nice, I think you did a good job. However, I do think that there have been better performances and I would have liked to have seen a little more rasp in your vocals, it was good but there are a few things to work on, namely delivering your songs with slightly more raspy vocals and also maybe the song could have went somewhere more. However, nevertheless, this was great.
    Forum Member
    Well after a stunning performance from Mikael it was followed by some amazing comments from the panel. So having the tough job of following that performance tonight is Danielle Penning
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vUthT4vk78
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danielle Penning: Again, no relevance to the theme, out of interest Soppyfan, what were you thinking of when you picked these songs in relation to the theme? I have never heard someone stripping all the soul out of a song but this cover managed to achieve that so congratulations in a sense, I really didn't enjoy it, unfortunately.
    Forum Member
    Danielle Penning

Hmmm Danielle I think this was a slight improvement on last week, although it still wasn’t a very good performance. It was more the type of performance I would expect to see performed at a wedding as there was nothing really special about it at all. You’ve got potential and for the second week I feel that you really haven’t fulfilled your potential. Also again I think it should be classed as RULEBREAKER as I don’t see much reference to a pack of cards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danielle, I took a gamble last week but a few weren't sure if it paid off. This week, I was ready to take on board about you doing RnB/Blues songs because that's where you are in your prime and I found this by accident and I believed that it was well suited for you. But once again, I've already explained myself about my embarrassing errors with the theme. :(

The only relief I have is that I'm still gonna have one act by the end of tonight...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danielle, im sorry however I really have no words but Horrific, it was truely one of the worst song choices I have seen on one of these forum shows. Firstly it didn't suit the theme and now it doesn't suit the theme. Pack your bags because im telling you if you are saved over that shambles something is seriously wrong.
    Forum Member
    Well done Danielle tonight, Again the judges have been heavily critical of the song relevance and unfortunately the entire Team Steve will be applied the rulebreaker tag tonight. But the final performance tonight will come from Misha B and she is hoping to get much better comments
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA_Mxx_Pado
    Forum Member
    Misha B

Dawn Richards is kind of the type of artist I would expect you to be Misha so its slightly predictable from my point of view and I think this was a good performance stylistically for you. Vocally I don’t think it suited you as much as last week but it was still a good performance in terms of everything else. Your mentor so far is basically doing exactly what he needs to do to keep you in the competition and I think you’re probably one of the major contenders as you have a huge fanbase on this forum and Kev so far is doing well with that with you so I don't think you'd even need that fanbase! Hahaha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Misha B, it has been a long night but what a way to close the show. The song and the style is so you and it's what makes you a huge star in the eyes of just about everyone. Last week, I said that you could be an early contender and even though we've had some strong performances, you are still on your way to becoming a huge favorite. I can't wait to see how you can improve on this performance for next week. Great end to the show indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misha B: What an ironic song title because this performance marks the return of a queen, a queen of music, you absolutely rocked it once again. I decided to choose this because it allows you to show your classic R & B vocals but once again, there's an edge to it, I thought that you showed that vocals don't need to be identical for a performance to be brilliant, your anunciation is very similar to Dawn's even though your tones differ slightly but it was still perfect, well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misha:- This is exactly what I predicted your performances would be like :) Urban RnB and that is great because you do it so well, but what is truely different from the Misha B i saw on X Factor and this Misha B. Well at the moment pretty much nothing, I love the song choice, it suited her, but it was pretty average and boring in places. Misha B is remembered for her large voice and originality. but atm she is getting major points for her range and vocals however the song choices are predictable and verging on slightly boring.