Android tv dongle (smart) with built in 3G

Hey great forum you got here!
Been looking about for 1 of these android dongles as im hoping to get one for my dad so he can watch some online tv through Internet off an all you can eat data (three) sim only deal? All of the ones ive found seem to be wifi only. Although i guess some will allow a separate USB dongle to connect to the Internet? Your help with be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean an Android Media Streamer box that you hook up to a telly? In which case WiFi does seem to be the only option. And I seriously doubt any such device would take a 3G mobile broadband dongle. Doubt there would be any way to load drivers onto the beast even if such drivers exist.

One option might be to pair the streaming box with a MiFi mobile broadband unit. The MiFi connects to the streaming box over WiFi so shouldn't be a problem. Plus of course it allows you to place the MiFi device in the best reception location for 3G which might not be under the telly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Ok cool any good dongles that anyone would recommend?
    Mk808 comes up on searches alot. Want one thats not going to encounter problem buffering or whatever problems that could exist say if not enough memory is on the device.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure 3 wouldn't let you do this anyway. The all you can eat sim cards must be used in a phone.

You could set up a cheap android phone as a portable hotspot tho.. If you really wanted to.