Loss of signal from one tuner

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 887
Forum Member
✭✭
Twice in the last fortnight I couldn't watch a live channel whilst recordings were set.
The diagnostics page showed the left tuner had 0% strength & quality, the other remained at 100%.
On the latest time I switched the coaxes round & the left tuner was still at 0%.
I switched off at the rear of the box, for 10 secs (like a high tech PC repair;) )& after rebooting both tuners were at 100%.
Any ideas ?

David

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot (but not all) of the problems with satellite receivers are software related, I would be inclined to do a 'factory reset' and new installation the thing, start from scratch.I don't know what type/make/model number you have but if it will update the software all the better too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot (but not all) of the problems with satellite receivers are software related, I would be inclined to do a 'factory reset' and new installation the thing, start from scratch.I don't know what type/make/model number you have but if it will update the software all the better too

Its a 2 year old Foxsat HDR with up to date firmware & a 2TB HDD
    If it happens again I'll try a factory reset.
    I was wondering if others had seen the same problem maybe followed by a tuner failure !
    David