Is "Quantum Of Solace" any good?

gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
Forum Member
✭✭
I was in HMV this morning & bought the Quantum Of Solace game for £10.I was just wondering for those that have played it, is it any good?.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I had it on PS3 and it wasnt a bad game

Single player was worth a bash through

Didnt really bother with multiplayer as it was a bit of a "poor mans call of duty"

Worth a tenner though:)
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Was alright. Might be worth the tenner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed the single-player campaign. Not deep, or revolutionary, just fun. Not really any replay value, and didnt like the multiplayer, but for 10 quid, its not bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Definitely worth a tenner I'd say. Single player is great fun. Give me something like this or the recent Wolfenstein over another Call of Duty game (esp. a WW2 COD) any day. At least they feel a bit different with the cover system on QoS and the veil powers plus impressive weapons on Wolfie. I love my FPS's but they have to have some sort of gimmick / USP / original setting etc that distinguishes them from the rest. That's why my World at War disk has hardly been touched.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    great single player

i think it runs on the same engine as COD4 :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    its well worth a tenner, and i really enjoy the multiplayer side of it. its no cod but it has the same controls and is lots of fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    It's a very basic FPS. The single player isn't long (not many games are) and the multiplayer will probably keep you occupied for a while as you unlock more stuff etc. It's a decent game by all means and at the price of £10, more what worth it.
  • grabbigrabbi Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Single player was good. Mutiplayer was, as said, a poor mans COD.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it uses the COD4 engine and I played it after playing and completing COD4. I think it is a pretty poor game considering the engine they used and its potential. I think it might not have helped that I'd played COD4 first... Still, constructively, graphics were poor and gameplay was really shallow and unmistakeably linear when so many games manage to hide that fact. I picked it up for a tenner from CEX a couple of months ago... for a tenner it's worth a punt but i'm bloody glad I didn't pay full whack for it! :)
  • CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got it on the 360, thought it was pretty decent

Never got to try multiplayer though

Definitely worth a tenner anyway
  • grabbigrabbi Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    it uses the COD4 engine and I played it after playing and completing COD4. I think it is a pretty poor game considering the engine they used and its potential. I think it might not have helped that I'd played COD4 first... Still, constructively, graphics were poor and gameplay was really shallow and unmistakeably linear when so many games manage to hide that fact. I picked it up for a tenner from CEX a couple of months ago... for a tenner it's worth a punt but i'm bloody glad I didn't pay full whack for it! :)

It was Treyarchs version of the COD4 engine... AKA the WaW engine. ;)