The missing DS members conundrum

Comments

• fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    You have been here since 2004 Do you not see familiar names that you have posted with over the decade and have a joke or "frivolous banter" with them? If you don't mind me saying I think it a bit odd that anyone can spend 10 years posting on a forum with people and not!

I don't. It's rude to private banter on someone's thread.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have been here since 2004 Do you not see familiar names that you have posted with over the decade and have a joke or "frivolous banter" with them? If you don't mind me saying I think it a bit odd that anyone can spend 10 years posting on a forum with people and not!

This is DS - we don't do jokes and frivolous banter ;-):o:kitty:

Seriously though, there are many people I used to have a laugh and a joke or exchange pleasantries with on DS, but they've mostly all gone, and to be honest the last few years on here, have been a tad grim.

I can't speak for anyone else, obviously, but my personal perception here, is largely of a battleground, as opposed to somewhere I can relax and have a laugh among friends. I do have another forum for that.

Horses for courses.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do have banter and share the odd joke with other FMs, but in moderation. Just find it annoying when making a considered response to a thread that interests me, it seems to get lost in the seemingly endless off topic back and forth banter from certain members.

This is primarily a discussion forum, not a chat room (unless it's in 'Chatter').
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of my old forum chums from years ago have decamped to Facebook........

I read it to keep up with them but I can't get the hang of it really........:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    I guess its the same as a factory or workplace which has a high turnover of staff. The workforce is constantly changing over the years and anyone leaving and coming back after a few years finds that most of their friends have left and gone on to new jobs and all you have left are the hardcore of regulars who will never leave. That old bloke who's been there 30 years and sits by himself in the staff restaurant is still telling his corny jokes, and still nobody listens to him.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ......all you have left are the hardcore of regulars who will never leave. That old bloke who's been there 30 years and sits by himself in the staff restaurant is still telling his corny jokes, and still nobody listens to him.

that just about sums me up.........:o
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    that just about sums me up.........:o

Lol...:D
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do have banter and share the odd joke with other FMs, but in moderation. Just find it annoying when making a considered response to a thread that interests me, it seems to get lost in the seemingly endless off topic back and forth banter from certain members.

This is primarily a discussion forum, not a chat room (unless it's in 'Chatter').

Every forum I've frequented over the years has threads that "burn out" or become repetitive and then just go off topic with banter.
    It's not a trait that's peculiar to DS - it's very common.
    God forbid light hearted responses and banter become frowned upon.
    It's no different to having a chat in the pub with friends.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking through old threads so many FM's have been banned, it's startling. I think the perma ban hammer comes into force far too soon on DS and seems to happen much faster than other forums.
    Forum Member
    Every forum I've frequented over the years has threads that "burn out" or become repetitive and then just go off topic with banter.
    It's not a trait that's peculiar to DS - it's very common.
    God forbid light hearted responses and banter become frowned upon.
    It's no different to having a chat in the pub with friends.

If you want to have a natter go in chatter.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Looking through old threads so many FM's have been banned, it's startling. I think the perma ban hammer comes into force far too soon on DS and seems to happen much faster than other forums.

Possibly because so many come back under new personna. It's become laughable as they are so transparent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    The wretched bullying clique wickedly bully with their clique super powers.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I can quite believe that - I post in that thread from time to time and have noticed you're one of the more frequent contributors! :D

Tensnake also produces his own tracks apart from playing tracks by other DJs/producers. For instance the track before the Maxxi Soundsystem is below. Maceo Plex is in his own right also a DJ/producer.

Maceo Plex & Jon Dasilva feat. Joi Cardweel - Love Somebody Else (Original Mix)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxa4cUyXKKs

The track before that is by Tensnake himself featuring Nile Rodgers. The mix below in fact.

Tensnake - Love Sublime (Jonas Rathsman Remix)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIwPiisZ2Gg

Nile Rodgers has also done work for Daft Punk.

Daft Punk - Get Lucky (Full Video)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5EofwRzit0

Tensnake - Coma Cat
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XKlD0D_0do
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many good posters have been perma-banned rising to the baiting and wuming by the trolls that has been going on here.

It is across the board in all the sections on here, good posters have been lost.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I can quite believe that - I post in that thread from time to time and have noticed you're one of the more frequent contributors! :D

And you have got 13 posts in that thread you slacker.

Must try harder.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not into Facebook. I'll persevere here. :-(
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many good posters have been perma-banned rising to the baiting and wuming by the trolls that has been going on here.

It is across the board in all the sections on here, good posters have been lost.

I have to agree.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    Groovy!
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    I have noticed many times that a decent thread topic is often ruined by it going completely off thread by just silly back and forth private chatter and "in" jokes among two or three posters, their posts having little to do with the original subject post.

If someone does complain with the thread going off topic they get descended upon by the clique accusing them of being self appointed moderators or forum police
    If you want the next 20,000+ glorious utterances to remain unsullied then you either have to
    a) do your own blog and disable comments
    b) just use the magic "Quote" tags so the reader can follow the context.
    Simples.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, I'm still here.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New layout is awful.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeoBa92 wrote: »

I steer clear of that lot, far too scary.
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    There are quite a few former prolific posters that I can think of who I don't recall seeing on here for a while. Cheeky beggars must have got themselves one of those 'life' things.

Personnell.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'm still here.....

Ditto
  • roger_purvisroger_purvis Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I can sort of understand threads about that story being closed. It did become the same old arguments, over and over again, and always ended in some mud slinging.
    But I'm more surprised at threads about the historical child abuse scandal being shut down, presumably there are numerous injunctions flying around and the media are running scared.
    The funny thing I found was that you could quote something directly from the press that day and still fall foul of the moderators. I'm not complaining, it's their forum, but it seems strange. Perhaps DS has to be more cautious or don't consider their forum the place for contentious subjects ?

you are complaining