Options

what sort of comics ?

bling crosbybling crosby Posts: 602
Forum Member
✭✭
is this forum about comedians or comics that you have read ?

Comments

• Options
    stumcdstumcd Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    I would say comics that you read.
  • Options
    Tom MillerTom Miller Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This forum has been added to support the editorial content that we offer. We'll add a few topics shortly to get things going! :)

Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    where can i find out what old marvel comics are worth ?

i have a massive collection from the late 60s up to the 80s (mostly american but a few english ones ).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my school days I was hooked on comics;
    The Dandy
    The Beano
    The Valiant
    The Victor
    Buster (son of Andy Cap)
    The Hotspur
    The Beezer
    The Topper
    I also would get the annuals for Christmas.
    I thought all athletes were like Alf Tupper (The Tough Of The Track) and never did any training whilst living on "Two pieces of cod and chips" then win a five mile race after starting to run from the back of the field.
    How about Colonel Blink The Short Sited Gink, wouldn't get away with most of the characters today as far too offensive to someone.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    where can i find out what old marvel comics are worth ?

i have a massive collection from the late 60s up to the 80s (mostly american but a few english ones ).
    Try here: http://www.comicspriceguide.com/
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Spiderpig wrote: »
    In my school days I was hooked on comics;
    The Dandy
    The Beano
    The Valiant
    The Victor
    Buster (son of Andy Cap)
    The Hotspur
    The Beezer
    The Topper
    I also would get the annuals for Christmas.
    I thought all athletes were like Alf Tupper (The Tough Of The Track) and never did any training whilst living on "Two pieces of cod and chips" then win a five mile race after starting to run from the back of the field.
    How about Colonel Blink The Short Sited Gink, wouldn't get away with most of the characters today as far too offensive to someone.

Yup! me too! Loved 'em all. Then I used to progress and got things like Marvel's Spiderman/Superman etc.
    Anyone remember those "Amazing Stories" or similar that were equivalent to The Twilight Zone on TV??
    I'd still love to buy a Beano nowadays - but I'm in my late forties and have no kids!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's no excuse. If you want to buy it, you buy it. I'm 25 and I've been reading it for 14 years. Anyway, shop staff won't know it's for you instead of the kids!
  • Options
    hankmoodyhankmoody Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's image you're worried about, get your order from a comic book retailer - they'll be happy to take your money, and most people in the stores are over 25 anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »

cheers for that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hankmoody wrote: »
    If it's image you're worried about, get your order from a comic book retailer - they'll be happy to take your money, and most people in the stores are over 25 anyway.
    I'm not worried, but it looks like FOJ was.