Options

audi vs bmw

LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
Forum Member
Audi's all the way followed by Mercedes-Benz then BMW :)

I love the Audi R8.;)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    So you have a go at other people for making apparent ''pointless'' threads and then you make one like this that will probably barely reach 20 replies? Ok then.
  • Options
    That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    the_man777 wrote: »
    your thoughts please gentlemen
    Audi has more letters than BMW, but if you use the full name of BMW it has more, so a draw there.

Audi comes before BMW in the alphabet, so a win for Audi, but BMW has more capitals, so a win for it.

Certainly a tough choice. :P

Seriously though, what models?
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) Audi R8 5.2V10.Manual.Best £100k i'll ever spend.
  • Options
    LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    your thoughts please gentlemen

why only men btw?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) My hope for 2010 is that there are more motoring/car threads on here.
    I know i could go to Pistonheads or one of the others.But i think there's definitely a place for it here as well.:)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Audi. Incidentally, the Q5 is a great car. Despite liking German cars, I've never been a fan of BMW, as it's something of a put off seeing the older ones driven around by riff-raff, who think they are classy just because they drive a BMW. :rolleyes: If I was in the market for a luxury German car, I would choose Mercedes as I think their image is more classy than BMW.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    My sister has an Audi TT Quattro and it drives nicely, I think. BMWs seem to be driven by men with small penises.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Audi every time. There's something not quite right with BMW owners, the chav's favourite car
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Audi. Incidentally, the Q5 is a great car. Despite liking German cars, I've never been a fan of BMW, as it's something of a put off seeing the older ones driven around by riff-raff, who think they are classy just because they drive a BMW. :rolleyes: If I was in the market for a luxury German car, I would choose Mercedes as I think their image is more classy than BMW.

:) The Q5.That's like a scaled down Q7?.I parked next to one of those Q7's the other day.It was as big as a truck!.Woldn't fancy manouvering one in a multi storey car park very much.:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member
    these are mens cars love. thats why

Oh shit, does this mean that my snatch will one day bar me from owning an E60 M5 or an 850 CSi? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister has an Audi TT Quattro and it drives nicely, I think. BMWs seem to be driven by men with small penises.

:confused: But i thought BMW stood for 'Black Mans Wheels'?.Is it all a myth then?.;)
  • Options
    deeemgeedeeemgee Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well I have driven BMW cars for last eight years with much content. I think they are great to drive and are very well made. I had an Audi A4 about 15 years ago and it was awful and not very comfortable. Not a very detailed survey I agree, but only my personal experience.

And my winkie is still very average!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    :) The Q5.That's like a scaled down Q7?.I parked next to one of those Q7's the other day.It was as big as a truck!.Woldn't fancy manouvering one in a multi storey car park very much.:eek:

The Q5 is Audi's version of the VW Tiguan, while the Q7 is around the same size as the VW Touareg. I wouldn't feel quite so comfortable behind the wheel of the Q7, but I think I could force myself to get used to the Q5! :D
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine's a Q7, but its version 1, so loads of technical crap that doesn't work :( It's alot bigger than a Tourag btw. Bigging it up for the girls :cool:
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post, too much champagne
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

why ?
  • Options
    fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had and driven various models of both, I would say the Bmw's are more fun to drive, ( that said i've only driven 2.0 tdi a3 and a4 so maybe not a fair comparison, wheras I have driven, as a courtesy car( due to a problematic x5 being in the shop several times) pretty much every bmw in the range, and owned 2 m3's. Audis have a definate quality feel about them though and ( touch wood) are pretty reliable. The Bmw every time for driving though. Sadly it will be a long time til I can afford a new Bmw or Audi again:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    bmw 335d, if you get it remapped, its the fastest car on the road:
    http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=571152&i=600
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    Mine's a Q7, but its version 1, so loads of technical crap that doesn't work :( It's alot bigger than a Tourag btw. Bigging it up for the girls :cool:

Interesting, as the Q7 is built on the same platform as the VW Touareg. Lovely car, nevertheless. :)
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    buy a bike and save the planet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fifilapew wrote: »
    I've had and driven various models of both, I would say the Bmw's are more fun to drive, ( that said i've only driven 2.0 tdi a3 and a4 so maybe not a fair comparison, wheras I have driven, as a courtesy car( due to a problematic x5 being in the shop several times) pretty much every bmw in the range, and owned 2 m3's. Audis have a definate quality feel about them though and ( touch wood) are pretty reliable. The Bmw every time for driving though. Sadly it will be a long time til I can afford a new Bmw or Audi again:(

Buy a cheap, old one then, and you can have the 'chav' label thrown in for free! ;):D
  • Options
    KindaKinda Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Come on ladies, that is kinda funny :D

For me, I think I'll get by with the (2010) M6 :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    Kinda wrote: »
    Come on ladies, that is kinda funny :D

Not really. Plenty of girls love and are knowledgeable about these types of cars, not just men - just like a lot of girls are knowledgeable when it comes to football (no, not how pretty the footballers are)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bmw 335d, if you get it remapped, its the fastest car on the road:
    http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=571152&i=600

:cool: Now,that's what i call power to the people!.
  • Options
    fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buy a cheap, old one then, and you can have the 'chav' label thrown in for free! ;):D

I was driving an m reg 320td? last year while waiting for my insurance payout to come through, it had 185 000 miles on it and it drove perfectly, had onboard computer too ( fue;l consumption, range etc) I had a £9000 ish budget to get a car and I chose a 2nd hand audi over bmw only because I could get a newer one for the money.