2»

Comments

• Options
    scorpio manscorpio man Posts: 4,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grey hair worries ?

* Men...Shave it all off and go "shiny top"

* Women... Shave it all off and buy a wig.
    Good selection here girls
  • Options
    Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    Its all to do with diet. A good natural high protein diet keeps the greys away and the hair healthy. (for longer)

A rubbish diet equals greys come sooner and hair is in poor condition. Almonds are good for counteracting greys.

Simples.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I found my first grey hair when i was 20, randomly in the side of my head. It was thin and wiry and i'd never noticed it before, i plucked it and i've not had anymore since :confused:
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its all to do with diet. A good natural high protein diet keeps the greys away and the hair healthy. (for longer)

A rubbish diet equals greys come sooner and hair is in poor condition. Almonds are good for counteracting greys.

Simples.

I don't think it's as simple as that. Diet can play a part, but so does genetics. My mum and both her parents went grey early, as am I, my dad and both his parents, and his siblings all went grey much later. Also, I read a very interesting article about migraine research, which found that migraine sufferers (my mum and her mother and myself to a certain extent) tend to grey earlier around the area of the migraine spot. This was definitely true for my mother - she went very grey around the forehead long before the rest of her hair started changing. My migraines were always (they've almost stopped now) on the right temple, which is where most of my grey hairs are concentrated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Your are Morticia Addams :D

Yeah, thanks for that :p
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 52 and still have all my hair. If anything I have to use thinning scissors because it's so thick.

I guess about 1%, (maybe 2 %) of my hair is grey mostly at the sides; the rest thankfully is still its original dark brown colour. I started getting a few grey hairs in my early 30s and it's just never really progressed since then.

Have no idea why I've lost such little colour.