Just a quiz question answer if you know it.

spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
Forum Member
✭✭
We are looking for one word and this one word has: partner/ bureau & mixed, in common.

It has 8 letters and we have -s-r-e-e. We might have got some of the down wrong, but has anyone got a clue?:D

Thanks.

Comments

• Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only one I can think of doesn't fit with your letters. Marriage Partner / Marriage Bureau / Mixed Marriage.

I put the letters you have into a crossword solver and it didn't come up with any words.

http://www.crosswordsolver.org/quicksolve.php?action=search&letters=8&word[1]=&word[2]=S&word[3]=&word[4]=R&word[5]=&word[6]=E&word[7]=&word[8]=E
  • BedlemBedlem Posts: 2,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first word that sprang to my mind was marriage too (as stated above) but doesn't fit with s-r-e-e.
  • spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone it was marraige, mum had put wrong answer for a down question = Orange/court/lemon = we did have it as squash, but she left the u out and put in a double hh.:o

When I told mum the answer she was so surprised that you could get it of a pc.
    I keep leaving her on mine to play with, and she WILL take it all in. I have time to teach her and I think she will love it once she knows how easy it can be, and she is bright, just not much call for that in women of her day.:eek::p