Options

Cheryl Burke & Jack Osbourne

RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Spotted them both in the audience tonight While his mum's on the other side.

They reached the final of DWTS a few weeks ago, I was ordering if anyone knows if they're performing anywhere as Cheryl is here too, or maybe she is involved in pro choreography ?

Comments

• Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered if perhaps Jack has been approached for next year.
    He is the only Osbourne I can stand.
  • Options
    scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If SCD was to acquire a dancer from DWTS my choice would be Cheryl Burke!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, I spotted them too and was wondering what they were doing there as well.
  • Options
    RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He really did improve a lot with Cheryl's teaching, I bet they would have easily won this series of strictly if they were in it as a couple
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered if perhaps Jack has been approached for next year.
    He is the only Osbourne I can stand.
    I very much doubt it. A) He just got to the final of DWTS. B) He lives in LA with his wife and baby daughter and so it would be really impractical for him to spend up to 4 months here. C) It took quite a toll on him with his MS so I can't see him wanting to go through it again.

Perhaps they've been approached to join the SCD tour; whether it would be for the whole tour or just for a few shows, it would probably be more doable for him than the entire Strictly series would be.
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine they were just there as invited guests in the audience.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure- but isn't Sharna appearing on the results show? (She choreographed last week, but said she was also looking forward to this week's show...) Maybe Cheryl's going to be there too, and invited Jack along! They became very good friends on DWTS, almost ala Lisa and Robin levels of mutual affection!
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    I very much doubt it. A) He just got to the final of DWTS. B) He lives in LA with his wife and baby daughter and so it would be really impractical for him to spend up to 4 months here. C) It took quite a toll on him with his MS so I can't see him wanting to go through it again.

Perhaps they've been approached to join the SCD tour; whether it would be for the whole tour or just for a few shows, it would probably be more doable for him than the entire Strictly series would be.

That certainly sounds quite sensible.

Ooooops :blush::blush:
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Jack and Cheryl were my favourite partnership on dwts this season, and I thought it was great that he came 3rd- behind 2 celebs with dance training, so that makes him a winner in my eyes;-)

lovely to see them in the audience.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    memmh wrote: »
    C) It took quite a toll on him with his MS so I can't see him wanting to go through it again

He was certainly crazy to carry on to the final starting with symptoms indicative of a relapse that week. I understand his reasons for doing it, because you don't want to let it beat you, but you really have to pick your battles with MS - it will always remind you it's still there if you overdo it. I have it and the thought of doing something as physically gruelling as SCD fills me with abject horror 😱

But it's still pretty early days since his diagnosis and he will learn. Avoiding relapses is absolutely key because with each one you have, you recover less from. Good to see him there though tonight - seems it was only a relatively short one 👍
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scarlotti wrote: »
    If SCD was to acquire a dancer from DWTS my choice would be Cheryl Burke!

I think they'd do well trying to persuade Emma Slater that she really did want to do SCD as they lost her to DWTS last year. She did wonders with Bill Engvall.
  • Options
    anothermianothermi Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad I spotted this thread because I was thrilled to see them in the audience. I've been watching DWTS and Jack and Cheryl were my favourite pair.

I saw the camera show his wife 1st and some guy I didn't know. I wondered if it was her and if it was, why she was there. It might have been that the camera operator didn't focus on the right group and only got Jack's wife in the 1st pan, but the next time they showed Jack and Cheryl (and cut off his wife from the shot. :confused:)

Much as I love Jack, I appreciate that Strictly doesn't do the "chat with celebrities in the audience" thing that DWTS regularly does. (anyone interested in Paris Hilton's opinion on ballroom dance?:o). It was good enough just to see him and Cheryl there. ;-)
  • Options
    scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    I think they'd do well trying to persuade Emma Slater that she really did want to do SCD as they lost her to DWTS last year. She did wonders with Bill Engvall.

Yes I'd be m ore than happy to see Emma on SCD if a vacancy occurred - and I think Tristan MacManus would be the best addition to the SCD pro-line-up in terms of viewer appreciation - from DWTS thst is.

I have no idea how the SCD/BBC choose the pros but I feel that missing out on Tristan was a huge blunder!
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scarlotti wrote: »
    Yes I'd be m ore than happy to see Emma on SCD if a vacancy occurred - and I think Tristan MacManus would be the best addition to the SCD pro-line-up in terms of viewer appreciation - from DWTS thst is.

I have no idea how the SCD/BBC choose the pros but I feel that missing out on Tristan was a huge blunder!

I think Tristan has to just be the nicest person I've ever seen on any kind of "reality" TV show. His kindness with Valerie was a joy to watch.
  • Options
    BeyonceCastleBeyonceCastle Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl gets to give Brendan tips on a quicksteppy showdance instead of a bacofoil snowdance?

It would not be the first time there had been some crossover between the two series...Janette's props and theme to Applause were lifted from Mark's paso earlier in DWTS.