Options

Is it just me...

BaileyBigIdiotBaileyBigIdiot Posts: 4,614
Forum Member
✭✭✭
thats excited about series 5 or is everyone else feeling the same. I feel like its is a new era and the first series will feel fresh and fun as i think by the end of Davids/RTDs era it became serious which i can understand as the Tenth Doctor had been through alot loosing Rose, Martha leaving him, the Master not regenerating when the Doctor wanted him to and Donna having her memory wiped.

But now its a fresh start and i am actually glad (cant believe i am going to say this) that David left when he did because everything is new.

So are you glad that everything is new and fun again and less dark, or do you wish David stayed.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be less dark, if it isn't I'll be pleased. I'm glad that we have a new Doctor to fall in love with, a new Doctor bursting with enthusiasm(if those clips are anything to go by) and a nice new companion to go with. And plus if at .18 seconds in, they are Sea Devils, then we have a new old enemy to have fun with!!
  • Options
    BaileyBigIdiotBaileyBigIdiot Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be less dark, if it isn't I'll be pleased. I'm glad that we have a new Doctor to fall in love with, a new Doctor bursting with enthusiasm(if those clips are anything to go by) and a nice new companion to go with. And plus if at .18 seconds in, they are Sea Devils, then we have a new old enemy to have fun with!!

I think when i used dark it was the wrong word i think, more emotinall as i like dark episodes of Doctor Who thats why i like Steven Moffat as a writer the vampire episode looks good and dark, and i paused at the sea devils part i think there episode also contains the siliruns and is a two parter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I'm excited to see what Moffat can bring to the table now he's in a more senior role.

He seems to be more in line with the old-school, his stories are more detailed, and he doesn't do the kind of story-lines where it goes 'OOOH, the timelords are back! And now they're gone!' kind of thing.

It's a new start for the series. It won't feel the same without Tennant for a few weeks when the new series starts up again, but I think Moffat's exactly the riht person to get us on Smith's side.
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    So are you glad that everything is new and fun again and less dark

yes, Yes, YES!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think when i used dark it was the wrong word i think, more emotinall as i like dark episodes of Doctor Who thats why i like Steven Moffat as a writer the vampire episode looks good and dark, and i paused at the sea devils part i think there episode also contains the siliruns and is a two parter

I know what your trying to say, RTD was good but had a nihilistic tendency to punish the Doctor now and then with tragic endings, turning him into a sort of tortured soul, which is fine now and then, but got a bit much after a while. Especially with the end of Series 4.

Dark and scary aren't really the same thing, the episode Midnight is Dark in the way it explores people trapped and desperate, but Blink is Scary just because Steven Moffat made you s**t yourself everytime you saw a stone statue weeks after watching :p

MOFFAT! *shakes fist*