cant belived they have not showed any of caitlyn vanbeck!!!

Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i think its so stupid they have not show her sing only showed her back stage her voice is insane

Comments

• Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She isn't a contestant...
  • Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is she comfimed it on twitter
  • alfie_stuartalfie_stuart Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Ryeboy123 wrote: »
    i think its so stupid they have not show her sing only showed her back stage her voice is insane

They normally hold a few back for the 6 chair challenge - guessing she's one of them
  • alfie_stuartalfie_stuart Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    She isn't a contestant...

Yes she is - stays in the town next too me, good singer too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the producers dont like her then!!
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    last year iirc we hardly saw a thing of the chosen one before judges houses so i dont see what the big deal is
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of great acts haven't been shown . The same with Ryder a really good boyband they've made it to the next stage 6 chairs and they haven't even been shown once.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem is - if she's any good - they can't "justify" sending her home (if indeed that is the case, and since she hasn't been shown, I'm guessing it is). It looks ridiculous when they allow mediocre acts to continue to advance whilst cutting the cream of the crop, so it's better for the show to ignore them and allow us to think the best are those shoved down our throats from the get go.

Since the reputation of the show is already in tatters, though, I wouldn't have thought it mattered. I think it's more to protect the favourites rather than the reputation of the show, because if they shown the likes of Caitlyn outshining the favourites, it would prove the favourites aren't the best out there. It comes down to manipulating us, as is always the case with this show.

I have no idea if Caitlyn is any good, never heard her sing, just my general opinion of the show. A LOT of great acts have been ignored over the years, whilst mediocre ones fill the show. They usually like to only have one or two stand outs on the live shows so they get the outcome they want at the end; if they put through the 12 strongest, the producers/Simon's favourites are far less likely to make the final. The only year they didn't do this was series five with Alexandra, Diana and Laura, but they were really pushing for the girls that year, so it made sense to do that.

The show would be so, so much better if they put the strongest acts through. The talent would speak for itself, the show would stop being a laughing stock and with a really competitive competition (instead of knowing the likely candidates for the finale before the live shows even come around) would make for a much more interesting show...
    Forum Member
    Reserved wrote: »
    The problem is - if she's any good - they can't "justify" sending her home (if indeed that is the case, and since she hasn't been shown, I'm guessing it is). It looks ridiculous when they allow mediocre acts to continue to advance whilst cutting the cream of the crop, so it's better for the show to ignore them and allow us to think the best are those shoved down our throats from the get go.

Since the reputation of the show is already in tatters, though, I wouldn't have thought it mattered. I think it's more to protect the favourites rather than the reputation of the show, because if they shown the likes of Caitlyn outshining the favourites, it would prove the favourites aren't the best out there. It comes down to manipulating us, as is always the case with this show.

I have no idea if Caitlyn is any good, never heard her sing, just my general opinion of the show. A LOT of great acts have been ignored over the years, whilst mediocre ones fill the show. They usually like to only have one or two stand outs on the live shows so they get the outcome they want at the end; if they put through the 12 strongest, the producers/Simon's favourites are far less likely to make the final. The only year they didn't do this was series five with Alexandra, Diana and Laura, but they were really pushing for the girls that year, so it made sense to do that.

The show would be so, so much better if they put the strongest acts through. The talent would speak for itself, the show would stop being a laughing stock and with a really competitive competition (instead of knowing the likely candidates for the finale before the live shows even come around) would make for a much more interesting show...

BiB - couldn't agree more , the show has become too much about creating faux drama and trying to be controversial and lost its focus. all the changes we see are all more about turning the show more in the direction of reality TV than a talent show, the acts sometimes almost just feel like props to create that drama and talking points rather than be there to actually entertain us musically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this girl audition this is her and almost exactly how she sang it. I thought she'd be a strong contender for the overs. Judges loved her at the auditions. Might not want a over to win this year.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDTj1RWbZU0

She also never got shown only slightly in her group performance you barely noticed her.
    It seems like the acts they've shown the most are the ones who are most likely to be in the liveshows. And the ones who make the 6 chairs but they still don't show them all.
    Then edit to make sure their stand out picks from the auditions are shown the most.

There's so many great acts we probably haven't seen not showing editing those people out completely as if they don't exist. I looked up Caitlyn Vanbeck I really like her voice .
    Quite a few acts that they haven't really shown or not at all.
  • Jack_RamoneJack_Ramone Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Reserved wrote: »

Makes one wonder why they don't pick better favourites.
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But if she's through to the 6 chair challenge they will have to show her (won't they?)
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »
    But if she's through to the 6 chair challenge they will have to show her (won't they?)

You would have thought so, but i would'nt put a bet on it.

They have barely shown Stephanie McCourt either, who is through to the six chair challenge, and she is very good. It must be so annoying for contestants that get so far, and do not et shown. It's a complete waste of time for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Can anyone post a video of her?
    Forum Member
    You would have thought so, but i would'nt put a bet on it.

They have barely shown Stephanie McCourt either, who is through to the six chair challenge, and she is very good. It must be so annoying for contestants that get so far, and do not et shown. It's a complete waste of time for them.

i know you are biased but seriously ?

she had an extended VT at her initial audition and was one of the contestants to sing 2 songs at that audition, she was also shown at the group stage of bootcamp and interviewed individually in that show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats what I thought Ryder a great boyband haven't been shown at all they're in the 6 chairs, along with Lochei, now Caitlin and the Stephanie girl.
    Will their 6 chair audition been shown at all :S

All the list of names are here
    http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/233371-x-factor-2015-contestants-whos-in-the-six-chair-challenge-revealed.html

There's so many I haven't seen or heard of.
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was she shown I didn't see her?
  • blahblahblah57blahblahblah57 Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was she shown I didn't see her?

Seemed to show her backstage but no singing, was she on Xtra Factor?
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who?

this is why DS forums dont work without images
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    contrarian wrote: »
    who?

this is why DS forums dont work without images

this is her https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ntCqlTtBY0
  • A_SmithA_Smith Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why didn't they show Caitlyn's song though? It seemed the show was full of expendable drivel - flashbacks to bootcamp, sob stories, audience shots, judges weeping/snarling, Olly's thoughts etc etc. Silly me, but wouldn't it have been better to show more, you know, singing?
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the contestants that get this far, and then never get aired. I would not be happy at all if i was in their position.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Both the girls who didn't get shown have lovely voices, maybe the judges didn't know what to say after they sung and they couldn't edit it right. I'm also guessing that the producers may not have wanted a Scot to get through, as the Scottish vote is very loyal and voted Nicholas McDonald and MIchelleMcmanus in pop idol and the other guy Leon? Notice that 5 out of Six are southerners