Options

Controversial opinions

KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
Forum Member
That version of "Amazing Grace" was total utter sh****.

What are your opinions on the performances we are seeing that likely nobody will agree with? Can be someone only YOU think was great, or the reverse (someone everyone seems to have loved that you hated).

Comments

• Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really didn't get the big whoop about her Amazing Grace either. It was ok, but hardly final-worthy as Simon put it.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    I really didn't get the big whoop about her Amazing Grace either. It was ok, but hardly final-worthy as Simon put it.

And that other girl's "I'm Telling You" was medium good at best. She wasn't REALLY landing any of the notes properly. Just forcing out glory notes that were LOUD but not very accurate (and they certainly didn't have any really sense of soul behind them).

But the "Seat Seat Seat" Cheerbots got behind her right away.
  • Options
    David JamesDavid James Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Lots of opportunities to eliminate the un Amazing Grace girl not taken, better performers gone instead.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    And that other girl's "I'm Telling You" was medium good at best. She wasn't REALLY landing any of the notes properly. Just forcing out glory notes that were LOUD but not very accurate (and they certainly didn't have any really sense of soul behind them).

But the "Seat Seat Seat" Cheerbots got behind her right away.

I agree with you again about Kiera - And I Am Telling You, Telling You, And I Am Telling You. Did she even sing any other lyrics than that? And no, that wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's controversial that they were both overhyped
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you again about Kiera - And I Am Telling You, Telling You, And I Am Telling You. Did she even sing any other lyrics than that? And no, that wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be.

Kiera sang I will Always Love You not And I Am Telling You - that was someone else (whose name escapes me too :D)
  • Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate screamy singing so I didn't enjoy much of last night. I liked Havva just because she was a welcome relief after all the yelling that had gone before, and I was very disappointed for Charli as she had actually sung notes without warbling all over the place. Now I think of it Lauren was a lot more listenable than some of the others for the same reason. I'm hoping Charli might come back as a wildcard or a replacement if something goes wrong with one of the other contestants.

People I had previously liked (Kiera, Louisa) put me right off by yelling their songs last night. I hope they'll tone it down by the Judge's house stage.
  • Options
    Mint-OpinionMint-Opinion Posts: 16,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louisa Johnsons performance was, once again, hugely overated. Lots of shouting and gurning.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louisa Johnsons performance was, once again, hugely overated. Lots of shouting and gurning.

So you are not a fan then? Hey ho.
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Amazing Grace, A-capella?? there were supporting chords everywhere audible. I understand the show is targeted to reality TV audience, still everyone can hear it.

I'm biased, but IMHO Amazing Grace - A-capella should sound like this (filmed when she was 11)
    Kromm wrote: »
    That version of "Amazing Grace" was total utter sh****.

What are your opinions on the performances we are seeing that likely nobody will agree with? Can be someone only YOU think was great, or the reverse (someone everyone seems to have loved that you hated).
  • Options
    David_Robinson1David_Robinson1 Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her, but agree about the song choice...
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she sing Crying For No Reason in auditions? that was really good
    I like her, but agree about the song choice...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I'll have to stand up for Chloe here.... its much easier to sing something with a booming backing track to hide any imperfections in the voice. Chloe took a risk as the focus on every note is much more transparent - I wonder how the other girls would have fared? I preferred her first arena audition and group Bootcamp performance but she was by no means a disappointment in the 6CC