Amazing Race 27

starrystarry Posts: 12,434
Forum Member
✭✭
Just started, nicely programed after the Canadian one finished.

Decent start, though I didn't understand why the last placed team weren't allowed to go to the mat, and the question after the helicopter flight really wasn't very challenging at all.

Comments

• firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very dull group I feel. The show really seems on its last legs, if it loses a few more Emmys I feel it'll get the axe.
  • tim1964tim1964 Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree about the question but they are Americans after all.

I bet most think that South America means Florida.

They have gone for "the beautiful people" this year haven't they?

Not oldies or those of a "non standard" body type.
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DULL. DULL. DULL. Rio looked beautiful but that was it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I almost feel some of these pairs were rejects from Survivor Blood vs Water casting, I mean they're so dull for the most part.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't a corker of an episode by any means.
  • CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the most exciting teams no, but the beauty of Tanner will be enough to keep me watching.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all far too full of media tarts now. News anchors, paparazzi, tv host gossip bloggers, some gimp who got on because of a dumb Youtube stunt, and it gets harder and harder to pick out one pair of flossy flossy bimbos from the rest as the number of series wind on and they get more and more shallowly edited. I thought there were a few dim glimmers of life in the couple of series after the absolute nadir of All Stars 3, but I'm now back to thinking that they should just cancel it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't the best of shows this week ..... again.
    I wonder how it's rating at the moment?
  • Alex_B1Alex_B1 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Oddly enough I showed a friend the first two episodes of this season's TAR - it's the first time he has ever watched the show, and he enjoyed it hugely, and can't wait to watch the next one. Even though I don't think it has been great so far, sometimes I think we get a bit blasé because we have seen some great seasons in the past.
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    Where are you watching this show?

I've just found series 20, 21, 22 and 23 on Sky boxsets and I'm loving it.
    Forum Member
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    Where are you watching this show?

Ways not approved of. It is also possible to watch US shows streamed live, again something not quite approved of.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex_B1 wrote: »
    Oddly enough I showed a friend the first two episodes of this season's TAR - it's the first time he has ever watched the show, and he enjoyed it hugely, and can't wait to watch the next one. Even though I don't think it has been great so far, sometimes I think we get a bit blasé because we have seen some great seasons in the past.

Because the concept itself is good. That doesn't mean the producers should get lazy and not get more variety in the casting. The little variety we had, the dancers and the small guys for instance, has been greatly reduced already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah if you see this for the first time you'd love the premise but if you've watched it for years this cast is terrible. I don't actually like any of them and the producers seem to think we are all interested in Texas Douches vs Green Douche rivalry. I doubt I'll make it to the end of this season actually.

Compare this to Survivor which has maintained it's level of quality over many years with essentially the same premise it started with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dull dull dull
    dumb dumb dumb
    obnoxious obnoxious obnoxious

-the end-
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woo thanks for letting me know there was a new series. :)

Hopefully there will be none of the god awful "but first let me take a selfie" from last season. ;-)
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    I've just watched the first four episodes of this season, I'm really enjoying it so far. This is only the 5th season I've watched though so it's all still new and exciting to me. Also the last season I watched was 24 (such a huge let down for me) and already this seems to be a huge improvement. Can anyone tell me if season 25 or 26 are worth are watch?

I don't know why but the green team really annoy me, I can definitely see them going all the way though, unfortunately.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    I've just watched the first four episodes of this season, I'm really enjoying it so far. This is only the 5th season I've watched though so it's all still new and exciting to me. Also the last season I watched was 24 (such a huge let down for me) and already this seems to be a huge improvement. Can anyone tell me if season 25 or 26 are worth are watch?

I don't know why but the green team really annoy me, I can definitely see them going all the way though, unfortunately.

I watched season 25 late, and enjoyed it because I already knew of Tim and Te Jay from their youtube channel, and their RPDR reviews. Season 26 had half the teams as existing couples, and the rest set up as blind dates, despite that, and despite the constant selfie taking (although there is one epic fail moment that almost made them worthwhile), I would rank it in my top 10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the editing team trying to have us hate both the rivals because Green and Texas are as bad as each other, Texas wasting that Express Pass was hilarious, they used it on one of those cushy touristy roadblocks, basically it was just a sightseeing trip over Victoria Falls.
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »

The thing is that they are supposed to have studied all seasons of TAR, and it seems to have escaped them that the ones who offended other people the least and stayed under the radar are likely to do well. Many weak teams have gone on to the finale and won doing just that, and many stronger teams got eliminated or lost because they lost the good will of other teams.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin and Diana(Diane?) remind me of Colin and Christie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Colin annoyed me more than Justin, I remember him going into silly rages. The Texan team I find really boring, I assume they are meant to be the typical alpha male entry, with a bit of God talk thrown in. Justin doesn't annoy me much partly because the vast majority of the cast are so boring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed last nights episode it felt more like TAR :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? The challenges were all processional and about queuing for your turn. The lake paddling and the fruit balancing were the only competitive parts really. And if they dropped the fruit they didn't have to start over, which in the classic years they would have had to. There was some not reading the clue drama and bad taxis but that has always been around. Hardly any self-navigation this season, which is a surprise as the last two years or so had brought it back. At least Logan and Chris seem another team with character (even if annoying), along with the green team and maybe the cheerleaders.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAWN YAWN YAWN YAWN YAWN

Zimbabwe looks gorgeous

YAWN YAWN YAWN YAWN YAWN
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    Was happy to see the track stars go this week, they were pretty useless and after that stupid mistake I thought they deserve to. Still finding Justin so incredibly annoying and the paps were pretty annoying and whiny this episode to.

Rooting for Texas!