Robbie Williams: 'Jessie J's career won't last'

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets not kid ourselves with the "six top tens from one album" thing... It doesn't count if two of them are from a re-release ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Jessie J is awful in every way - a fake, manufactured 'popstar' of the worst kind. Robbie is just saying what most people in the industry think but don't want to say for fear of causing a fuss.

Jessie J went to stage school and is also a product of The Brit School. Don't believe all of that 'street ting' act.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, going on The Voice so early in her career has already scuppered any long-term musical success she could have had. She's now a TV personality first and foremost.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, going on The Voice so early in her career has already scuppered any long-term musical success she could have had. She's now a TV personality first and foremost.

The main issue is that she doesn't seem to be a well liked TV personality, isn't it? Or is the view in these forum not the general view?

I don't understand why they would chose someone with just one album under her belt for the Voice, but then again, the choice of Tulisa for X Factor was equally puzzling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Jessie J is the joke of the industry. End off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was bitchy, either way he shouldtve said that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willous1 wrote: »
    Jessie J is the joke of the industry. End off.

According to who? No one in the industry bar this incident has a bad word to say about her personally or professionally. In fact, she recieves nothing but praise from people from Kim Burrell to Brandy to songwriters and producers like Diane Warren and Rodney Jerkins. If Darkchild says you are on his dream list of people to work with, you are far from a joke. When Robin Gibb met her at 15 he said she had a special talent and he saw her going far. Even Robbie's recent comments show that he he likes her and her music enough to want to collaborate regardless of what he said about her career previously.

Just because you think she is, doesn't mean she is the joke of the industry.
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    two of the lamest UK pop stars around. Snooze.
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    This may seem like a daft question but is Robbie still in Take That or did he leave a second time?
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are bland as each other .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's right, she's sh*t & won't last . .
    Bye . .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Lolz i`m no fan of either but the delusion in this post

It made me laugh. I'm no fan of either but I think he has a point. Music now is all about whats new. It seems to be focused on singles rather then albums and the public ms fast consumption and easily bored. In five or ten years time I doubt any of the big players will be around, maybe they will have a niche and perform to die hards but that is it. This, coupled with the fact that Jessie J is mediocre at best and she will be gone before you know it. I think she should stick to being behind the scenes if she wants a long term career.

I don't think gaga, Beiber or Rhianna are good examples because in the grand scheme of things they have not been around that long at all.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I consider myself to be a pretty big fan of all things pop, but there is just something about Jessie J I don't like. Her songs aren't as good as critics would have you believe in my opinion. She is nothing special.
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst his comments come across as typically bitchy, he does have a valid point.

Had the first series of The Voice UK existed in 2006; then they could easily have hired Natasha Bedingfield as a mentor after her breakthrough debut album & corresponding singles successes in late 2004/2005 .... and look how her career panned out afterwards.
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lolz at someone comparing Lady Gaga//Rihanna to Robbie. Those 2 have had greater success than Robbie by quite a lot, especially in the time frame
  • daisysnowlanddaisysnowland Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I have followed Robbie for years and he is a bit like Chris Moyles, You either get his humour or you don't. He actually said she's great and it wouldn't surprise me if he said it tongue in cheek as he does a lot of the time which never translates into black and white.

I had the privilege of being at a private party for about 80 guests a couple of weeks ago where Robbie was the entertainment. He came over as very genuine and cracked lots of jokes without being cruel or distasteful. A fantastic night was had by all.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    I had the privilege of being at a private party for about 80 guests a couple of weeks ago where Robbie was the entertainment. He came over as very genuine and cracked lots of jokes without being cruel or distasteful. A fantastic night was had by all.

OOH you lucky thing. any more gossip?
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Robbie Williams one of the most annoying personalities in showbiz. Every time he opens his mouth I just want him to go away again. I'm not sure why he winds me up so much but he does. I was one of the few who was gutted when he reunited with Take That. I'd loved the Beautiful World and The Circus albums but I stopped paying attention to them the second Robbie went back. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    It seems that you're all ignoring the source; THE SUN, I don't mean to be rude but that's pretty gullible of you all.
  • daisysnowlanddaisysnowland Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    OOH you lucky thing. any more gossip?

Not gossip as such.... he was just fantastic, I could have reached out and touched him, I didn't tho! He brought his tour band with him, they raised the roof. Brilliant.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    LOL, today in his STB interview, he said he hopes to collaborate with her. Seems he's changed his tune since November.

He should make his mind up.
  • Judas82Judas82 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    I don't like when other artists ( okay ...pop stars) slag each other off. Robbie may be riding high again but it's only because he went back to his boyband who he had slagged off continuously after originally leaving. Also he didn't return when their future was uncertain; no he wanted a reunion when they had forged a successful comeback and were fully re-branded as a man band. He should remember everyone was writing him off after Rudebox.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Robbie Williams one of the most annoying personalities in showbiz.[...]I'm not sure why he winds me up so much but he does. I was one of the few who was gutted when he reunited with Take That.

Ditto. I can't really explain what it is that's so infuriating about him either! Seeing his face pop up on the TV often provokes a few swear words from me! No one else winds me up like that (although Olly Murs looks like a future contender), so he must have some unique super smug quality!

I'm no Take That fan but they were doing great without him. I imagine that he was envious of his old band having more chart success than him, when he'd become the big star after leaving, so he wanted back in on that. Am I perhaps stating the obvious there? :p
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He probably said that after trying to get off with her and getting rebuffed.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Ditto. I can't really explain what it is that's so infuriating about him either! Seeing his face pop up on the TV often provokes a few swear words from me! No one else winds me up like that (although Olly Murs looks like a future contender), so he must have some unique super smug quality!

I feel the same about Robbie and Olly. It really wasn't a shock when those two became good mates. I can only imagine how much being pals with Robbie has helped Olly. Olly certainly hasn't got where he is through talent.