Leona Lewis - Glassheart Tour - UK Leg

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    paulbax wrote: »
    Because we know that even on her worst day she can still out sing 90% of the music industry. She never sounds mediocre!

Rubbish! :rolleyes:

She can out sing 99.9% of the music industry on her worst day :p
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish! :rolleyes:

She can out sing 99.9% of the music industry on her worst day :p

and the other .1% are working so hard to try to keep pace !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saxman25o wrote: »
    :rolleyes:well I guess that means that after working in the music industry since 1965 both I and the university music Graduate I took with me to see Leona at Sheffield both have no idea about good Vocalists or maybe you were at the wrong venue ? :D

They probably went to see the Leona tribute act in the pub.:D
  • daz100daz100 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    saxman25o wrote: »
    :rolleyes:well I guess that means that after working in the music industry since 1965 both I and the university music Graduate I took with me to see Leona at Sheffield both have no idea about good Vocalists or maybe you were at the wrong venue ? :D

You said it! I stand by my opinion. I agree the songs were good but that was due to the back up singers not leona.
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    daz100 wrote: »
    You said it! I stand by my opinion. I agree the songs were good but that was due to the back up singers not leona.

They sang Happy, Broken, Footprints in the Sand, The first Time Ever I Saw Your Face etc ... At your concert?

Strange. :confused: when Leona sang those songs when I saw her the crowd loved them. :)
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, went to Oxford last night to see Glassheart concert, my expectations were high, but the reality was way higher, through the roof in fact. Leona looked stunning, brilliant vocals, she was having the time of her life, along with the audience, who were raising the roof. Leona totally commanded the stage. After this experience, I hope Leona performs many more theatre concerts, it is far more personal & intimate. Nothing but praise for Leona. I shall write up a track by track review for the LLAT.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you possibly say the the concert vocals were all down to backup singers? There is an entire section of the show where they don't even appear with Leona completely on her own! Sorry but you are talking rubbish!
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmusic wrote: »
    Wow, went to Oxford last night to see Glassheart concert, my expectations were high, but the reality was way higher, through the roof in fact. Leona looked stunning, brilliant vocals, she was having the time of her life, along with the audience, who were raising the roof. Leona totally commanded the stage. After this experience, I hope Leona performs many more theatre concerts, it is far more personal & intimate. Nothing but praise for Leona. I shall write up a track by track review for the LLAT.
    Sounds like you had fun! Can't wait to read your review on the LLAT :)
  • daz100daz100 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    paulbax wrote: »
    How can you possibly say the the concert vocals were all down to backup singers? There is an entire section of the show where they don't even appear with Leona completely on her own! Sorry but you are talking rubbish!

Yes I know that, that's when my partner turned to me and said is something wrong with her mic. No that's just her voice!
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I know that, that's when my partner turned to me and said is something wrong with her mic. No that's just her voice!
    comedy eh now ? :rolleyes:

sorry it seems you did not beliieve you got value for your money unlike most of The Leona fans at the gig :rolleyes:
    It Struck me Leona paced herself very well doing the majority of the major parts of the vocals and leaving a fair share of the lesser stuff to the backing vocals most likely to ensure maintaining her voice for the duration of the tour Thus ensuring fans who had paid for tickets would not get anything less than the quality Leona delivered

Lets face it ,for most people ,quality counts over quantity any time ;)
    you might feel appreciation that you got three good singers for the price of one ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I've been to Edinburgh and enjoyed a lot her performances. I was very very worried, because I expected her to be much less powerful than usual, having seen the most recent videos of her live songs. Her voice is definetely changed, but not in worse, I think. Maybe, it can sound a little less precise, but I'm still trying to understand if it's really so or not. I'm certainly conditioned by the "not so good" performances she's done at the end of 2012. Don't know, but I still love her and think she's amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am bumping this thread, because the other thread does not hold all the vids etc and this one was the more active thread.

Loved the reviews for the Manchester tour & so much love on twitter for those who have managed to go to the concerts.
  • joaniponijoaniponi Posts: 4,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having seen three concerts ( and there are many fans who have seen many more!) I feel both humbled and privileged. Her voice is just extraordinary and my only sadness is just that the UK does not celebrate her more for extraordinary talent! These three nights left me so emotional because her voice is not just powerful it is also sweet and delicate and just so touching :)
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw her in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago! Have to say she was fantastic. I went to her Labyrinth tour which was great and very theatrical but this tour is far superior. Leona's primary focus was her voice, she looked and sounded amazing. Her voice has improved so much since her last tour. The control and power she possesses is just out of this world! People were teary during Footprints In The Sand, the reaction she got after that was amazing. An old man sitting in the row infront actually got up out of his seat to clap, he also got up out of his seat to dance along to Glassheart later.

The audience loved her, I was in awe of the whole thing! Amazing show, Leona has really found herself as an artist and performer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw her in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago! Have to say she was fantastic. I went to her Labyrinth tour which was great and very theatrical but this tour is far superior. Leona's primary focus was her voice, she looked and sounded amazing. Her voice has improved so much since her last tour. The control and power she possesses is just out of this world! People were teary during Footprints In The Sand, the reaction she got after that was amazing. An old man sitting in the row infront actually got up out of his seat to clap, he also got up out of his seat to dance along to Glassheart later.

The audience loved her, I was in awe of the whole thing! Amazing show, Leona has really found herself as an artist and performer.

This is exactly why I find Leona so mesmerising. I was at Oxford concert, & the very wide range of age groups was something else, there were children right up to people in their 80's all enjoying the same thing. I am actually so fed up of all the Leona bashing that it is refreshing to find like minded people who appreciate Leona for what she is. I really hope she is around for many years, don't care about Arena tours, give me a more intimate setting any day.
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    joaniponi wrote: »
    Having seen three concerts ( and there are many fans who have seen many more!) I feel both humbled and privileged. Her voice is just extraordinary and my only sadness is just that the UK does not celebrate her more for extraordinary talent! These three nights left me so emotional because her voice is not just powerful it is also sweet and delicate and just so touching :)

BIB There are a lot of "powerful" singers out there who can belt a note, but Leona's voice has that rare quality for me of being able to be both delicate and powerful as the song,demands. She for that reason for me one of the best singers I have ever heard. :)
    soulmusic wrote: »
    This is exactly why I find Leona so mesmerising. I was at Oxford concert, & the very wide range of age groups was something else, there were children right up to people in their 80's all enjoying the same thing. I am actually so fed up of all the Leona bashing that it is refreshing to find like minded people who appreciate Leona for what she is. I really hope she is around for many years, don't care about Arena tours, give me a more intimate setting any day.

This. The age range at the concerts I attended was similar. But by the end she had them all on their feet and there was a genuine warmth in the room. :)

This recording from last night in Liverpool ( which I saw live)l says it far better than I ever can.

http://youtu.be/FhHSTBwj8PA

You either get why I love her so much as a singer and performer, or you don't. :)