The Great British Bake Off 2015 - Series 6

Comments

• JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 contestants. How does that compare with previous years?
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 contestants. How does that compare with previous years?

Series 1 - 10
    Series 2 - 12
    Series 3 - 12
    Series 4 - 13
    Series 5 - 12

Why they have reduced it to 10 it beyond me. Must be a shorter series this year which is disappointing
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 1 - 10
    Series 2 - 12
    Series 3 - 12
    Series 4 - 13
    Series 5 - 12

Why they have reduced it to 10 it beyond me. Must be a shorter series this year which is disappointing

Maybe a two person final and no double eliminations.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Maybe a two person final and no double eliminations.

Hopefully you're right. I'd hate for the number of episodes to be less than the last few years
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the quoted 10 contestants - the Radio Times website for the first episode on 5th August states:
    1/11. New series. Twelve contestants begin the battle to be named Britain's best amateur baker, facing tasks devised by judges Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood, who have created 30 new tasks to test their baking skills and creativity.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/dqkwxx/the-great-british-bake-off--series-6---1-cake

The BBC Programme Information page for the 2nd week states:
    With Cake week under their belts, the 11 remaining bakers must now prove themselves - with biscuits.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/search?medium=tv&channel=&yearweek=&day=5

So that means 12 contestants then over an 11-week run. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Regarding the quoted 10 contestants - the Radio Times website for the first episode on 5th August states:

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/dqkwxx/the-great-british-bake-off--series-6---1-cake

The BBC Programme Information page for the 2nd week states:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/search?medium=tv&channel=&yearweek=&day=5

So that means 12 contestants then over an 11-week run. :)
    That's good news then
  • Ste30yoSte30yo Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Regarding the number of episodes, I think it will be exactly the same as last year - 12 contestants over a 10 week run, then a special lookback at the "Class of 2014" at the end of the series.

I guess they'll do another batch of 4 masterclasses on BBC Two as well.

S
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing lack of hotties this year. :(
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They look an interesting bunch though hopefully bringing a variety of different skill sets and quirks. Whilst on the one hand they look very politically correct in terms of age, gender and cultural mix for something like Bake Off that is no bad thing as I'd like to see the variety of influences and styles that brings.

Nothing worse than sameyness except when the task does actually ask for an exact recipe to be followed.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »

I'm predisposed to liking him as he wears hats and has tattoos, I see he's a musician, so if he play's guitar I may end up stalking him :blush: (sorry Stu and Mrs Stu :blush: ).
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,737
    Forum Member

I don't know - Paul's got a twinkle in his eye (and I don't mean Mr Hollywood!)....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was going to say I thought it was perhaps the best looking bunch we've ever had. Perhaps no stand out stunners though.

The tattoos. It's really bad, one of the bread men in our local Tesco has tattoos up and down his arm. The first time I saw him I thought his arms were dirty and thought twice about the bread until I got used to it.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I don't know - Paul's got a twinkle in his eye (and I don't mean Mr Hollywood!)....

And he might have a solider's uniform tucked away somewhere at home ;-):D
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I like the look of the fireman. It might be like the Apprentice where they look rather uninspiring in the publicity photos and then turn out to be rather dishy in 3d, as it were.
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,737
    Forum Member
    And he might have a solider's uniform tucked away somewhere at home ;-):D

Mmmm - soldiers uniform, up to his arms in Bread mix..... The fantasies you could build from that.....:D:D
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    And there's a Filipino nurse....just saying
  • KathrynhaKathrynha Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting mix of contestants. Looking forward to seeing what they are all like.

Already got a favourite, Sandy because she comes from the same village as me, although I don't personally know her.
    Not sure why her profile says "near Bradford", we come under Leeds not Bradford. Guessing it's cos another contestant lives in Leeds, and they wanted the contestants to look spread out across the country.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am excited for this! I can't believe it's that time of year already... I know it starts in August but I always associate GBBO with cosy autumn nights.
  • jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    I am excited for this! I can't believe it's that time of year already... I know it starts in August but I always associate GBBO with cosy autumn nights.
    Well 12 shows puts it finishing late into October, so it's very much Autumn by then...

So is Flora the new Martha?
  • snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Distinctly unattractive lot methinks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen a new ad with actual clips from the show. Even more exciting.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member

They're not bad. The men are altogether more youthful than last year.

Tamal is ok.... and is an anaesthetist, therefore affluent with good prospects :);-)

Mat... awww + a firefighter, which is always sexy.

Stu would be ok were it not for the absurd chico hat. Someone needs to tell him that you can't be a hipster after the age of 30.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    jonbwfc wrote: »
    Well 12 shows puts it finishing late into October, so it's very much Autumn by then...

So is Flora the new Martha?

As long as she's not the new Ruby I don't mind.
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see more women, rather than the 50/50 mix.............women ( and I am one, so speak from experience :D ) are edgier and more surreptitiously bitchy and therefore more entertaining.....and.........I know it's a baking programme, ( but it's reality tv too :D )