Prometheus release on Blu Ray and DVD (Merged)

Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
Forum Member
✭✭
Play.com have announced a release date for "PROMETHEUS" of October 1st on DVD and BluRay !

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I didn't think much of it when I saw it in theaters.
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    such a disappointment
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Once was enough for me, I have no plans to spend more cash on such a disaster.
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I will pass on this one, as above once was more than enough.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Play.com have announced a release date for "PROMETHEUS" of October 1st on DVD and BluRay !

will probably pick it up for Christmas
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could buy the Lawrence of Arabia bluray, out 10th September. It'll be better.

NB: What was that black goo? ;)
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Or you could buy the Lawrence of Arabia bluray, out 10th September. It'll be better.

NB: What was that black goo? ;)

A Macguffin is my guess.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presumably this is the theatrical release. A director's cut could be interesting, although I'm not sure I care enough to buy it.
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    Presumably this is the theatrical release. A director's cut could be interesting, although I'm not sure I care enough to buy it.

I'm not sure that a director's cut would help matters to be honest - any additional footage would still be ruined by Lindelof's atrocious dialogue and farcical plotting.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant. Released days before my birthday so I definitely know what I'll be asking for. Can't wait to see it again.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will be a directors cut with over 20 mins extra I hear
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it.
  • tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Excellent looking forward to watching this again and again and again and again.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marvelous, 2nd favourite film of the year so far behind Batman.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never rated this movie either.
  • AppleJuice:)AppleJuice:) Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This, is by far, the worst film I have watched in a while. It wasn't scary at all and should never have been released. It is rubbish, complete rubbish. :mad:
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to www.maddox.xmission.com to see the best review of Prometheus.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I found the film very disappointing, for some reason I really want to watch it again. Just to give it another shot.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it but was disappointed by it (too high expectations perhaps). It felt like a start of a story that never really got going, it actually felt a bit like watching 2001 a space odyssey in many respects.
    It was too slow but had some really nice touches and I thought Michael Fassbender played his part well.
    It needs another chapter (sequel) to make the first movie work imo. I don't know if they are planning one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Well I liked it too. Enjoyed Fassbender's performance a lot. Not a 5 star movie, but a good one nonetheless.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are two versions of Prometheus coming out on October 1st
    One is described as just "Prometheus. BluRay + Digital copy" £15.00, and the other one is described as "Prometheus Special Edition. BluRay + BluRay 3D + Digital copy" £17.99
    Now, I don't want the 3D version (or the digital copy either), so will the Special Edition have a longer running time, or it is a "Special Edition" BECAUSE of the 3D disc ?
    The running time of the Special Edition is not listed on Amazon, but the "normal one" is listed as 124 minutes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I think that the "Special Edition" is just called that because it includes the 3D version. I'm sure it will all become clearer nearer to release.

Let's not forget that this is a 20th Century Fox release, and they tend to like screwing their customers with regard to Special Editions. They released the standard bare-bones theatrical version of Avatar in April 2010 and then 6 months later released the extended version with all the extras. I imagine that they'll probably do the same with Prometheus unfortunately.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prometheus now has a BluRay / DVD release date of October 8th, not October 1st :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not exactly a disaster is it? A lot of stuff coming out in autumn/xmas period.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see the movie when released.... and shall look forward to its release.