Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XX (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Racket wrote: »
    The word around at the time was it was because some major people invested in the product and Linda's political career did not take kindly to the images of Roberts being choked. So he was 'fired', but it was more like 'Hey, here's a paid vacation until this all blows over. We're sorry but we'll have you back as soon as we feel we can. Go work some dates elsewhere until then so it looks real and appeases the suits'

.... paid vacation?

He was fired.

He had to take indie bookings again. So no, he wasn't "fired", he was actually fired and then re-hired. No under the table pay offs, no secret deal, he was actually fired until Vince's financial interests superseded Linda's costly losses and after they realised the chants for him weren't going away.
  • Options
    pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rip the warror

man I am so stunned
  • Options
    Freeview_ViewerFreeview_Viewer Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ultimate Warrior has passed away :(

Rest in Peace

SOURCE IS WWE.COM
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "One day every man's heart beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath, and if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others, it makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honour him and make what the man did live forever"

Crazy, he died less than 24 hours after saying this on tv.

Even assuming Warrior was a heart attack waiting to happen, that's nuts even by rasslin standards.

Jim Hellwig 1959-2014 RIP.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Warrior - hope he died happy after fixing his bridges and with his lovely family too. Makes me tear up a bit when you saw how much he loved his wife and daughters at HOF and they he.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.pwinsider.com/article/84860/more-information-on-the-sad-passing-of-the-ultimate-warrior.html?p=1

Warrior passed away earlier this evening outside of a hotel in Arizona. He was walking to his car with his wife when he collapsed. He was taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Fandango ‏@WWEFandango 5m

Hey, @RealSummerWWE. Did you get my text? Like I said, it's really not me, it's you. It's over...

Spoiler from Smackdown
    He came out with Layla who is now a heel.
  • Options
    Anvil1984Anvil1984 Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw the news about Warrior and just wow. I guess its the sad fact of one monite youre in top of the world. The nezt minute....
  • Options
    Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shocked at the news about the Warrior, barely a day after he'd had such a great weekend for him at the hof and getting to appear on raw for the first time in 18 years.

Makes you wonder if the whole weekend was too emotionally stressful for him really, he's clearly a guy who gets massively hyped up, did it cause too big a strain on him.

Makes it all the most upsetting when you saw how much his wife loved him at the hof and his children :(
  • Options
    KeyserSozeKeyserSoze Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shocked about the Ultimate Warrior's passing. So unexpected and was so happy to see him on the HOF and on Raw, he looked in good health and high spirits. His opening words about breathing last breath, and spirits living on, seem somewhat eerie now, but am happy that he got to address everyone, make a final appearance and finally get the recognition and respect he deserved. Also glad he managed to bury the hatchet with Vince & Co and find peace. RIP WARRIOR, you'll not be forgotten.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Gutted, just seen the news and my response was " no ....... Way" just gutted another childhood icon gone, i'm glad he went in the hall of fame and closed the lid on lots of silly fueds.

R.I.P.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Very sad news. It makes his appearance on RAW so bittersweet

RIP
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent watched wwe for a few year wow what a show,can't believe undertaker lost his streak, I felt the disbelief, it had to end though and what better than at WM 30. It was so amazing to see the warrior, he did look a bit ill but he performed well.

Such shocking news!! Rip :(
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    Shocked at the news about the Warrior, barely a day after he'd had such a great weekend for him at the hof and getting to appear on raw for the first time in 18 years.

Makes you wonder if the whole weekend was too emotionally stressful for him really, he's clearly a guy who gets massively hyped up, did it cause too big a strain on him.

Makes it all the most upsetting when you saw how much his wife loved him at the hof and his children :(

I think that it 100% we talk about guys living their gimmick but nobody went as far as Warrior did. In his mind he was truely "The Warrior" and I think the release of emotions over the last few days had taken its toll. The slight comfort people can take from this is his kids got to see Daddy be Daddy and do his thing and see how many people (many who was their age now when he was around) he affected and the love they had for him. They got to see he was not "the joke" the WWE and some wrestlers made him out to be (fault on both sides I admit).

He will join a list of a very select wrestlers who current fans and those who no longer follow wrestling will remember and morn.
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Source: f4wonline.com

The heavy rumour coming out of RAW last night, is the thought of a War Games match between the Shield & Daniel Bryan Vs. Evolution & Kane at Extreme Rules. While the Vince McMahon doesn't normally like putting over other companies ideas (WCW created War Games), Triple H is said to be a big fan of the match, the concept and knows full well that the War Games DVD was one the higher rated DVDs in awhile.

However, at this time there is no arena setup between now and Summerslam to accommodate the Two Ring setup required. Unless they do a similar version to the Lethal Lockdown idea of TNA.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the news as well. I was watching the WWF growing up at the height of the Warrior's big run and remember staying up half the night to watch Wrestlemania 6 live where he went over Hogan.

I remember his fued with Rick Rude over the Intercontinental title as well and his rather daft, but hugely entertaining fued with Papa Shango.

Such a shock considering I was watching him get inducted in to the HoF only a few days ago.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, this has really come out of left field, (Warriror's death), having seen him on Raw, I would never have thought that he would be dead very shortly aftwerwards.

This is very sad news indeed!

My deepest sympathies go out to his friends and family.
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really really sad news, one of the all time greats and no one worked a crowd better
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oilcat wrote: »
    Really really sad news, one of the all time greats and no one worked a crowd better

Yep! such a shame! :(:cry:
  • Options
    RunawayGroomRunawayGroom Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rip the warrior.

So many wrestlers gone who wrestled at my first wrestlemania ( 6 ) :(
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So within a few days we see the streak ended, Paige become Divas champion, and the Warrior dies, wow, this is one week, that I won't forget in hurry!

Such a shame, yes he was bonkers, but he didn't deserve to go at this time!

Very sad times indeed.

I wonder if it is too late to get a montage together for Smackdown (with fellow wrestler giving their thoughts etc), or will they save it for Raw?
  • Options
    DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely stunned at the Warrior news, just saw it on the BBC website.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that came out of nowhere! RIP. Atleast he finally got the recognition he deserved being in the hof. His speech about dieing on RAW is quite sad now.
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldnt believe it after we only just saw him:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one thing that seems to be coming out of WM weekend is that he was apparently burying a lot of hatchets and clearing the air with people which I think was nice.
This discussion has been closed.