Options

What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you? (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    OK, gypsy girl. I was not long in my present position (hostel work) when we had a young Romanian client staying . First night in, her door buzzer went to alert us she had opened her door so we watched to see where she headed(kitchenette or bathroom were the only two choices on that floor at night). But her door didn't open. Odd but no biggy. Some time later the buzzer went again, so I went to check on her. Door was shut tight, but I popped my head round and said summat like "are you Ok luv?" and she grumpily replied " Are you janna ?"(we hadn't met yet). I said yes I was. She said "well your granmama says she is sorry". I went "okaaaaaay.Well goodnight then" and I left her . I told my mate and we laughed thinking , awe bless her,she was dreaming . Buzzer went again, we looked up and missy was stood there looking really cross. She said " You don't believe me! She says you made her a birthday card and she tore it up in front of you and made you put it in the bin!". Yep, my granny DID do that because she was utterly horrible to us kids and took every opportunity to put us down , so I said "OK , I believe you now. Tell granny it's done with and we're over it " and the girl went back to bed and that was that . Next night she sat with us for an hour or more chatting in our office and was just a sweet lil thing entirely that you just wanted to hug.And no, we told her nothing personal, that's a big no-no . It was just silly funny chat .Then I had three nights off and when I went back in she had moved on. But I found a letter from her in my locker .She had given it to day staff to pass on . She spoke of my daughter's past , which no one I worked with knew about, and said other personal stuff regarding her future, all nice and very reassuring which in truth I needed at that point . Then she said that my colleague M**** would be "rocking a cradle within the year" and drew a smiley face . That made me laugh because M**** was in her 40's with three grown up kids . But then I thought ,yes, but M****'s youngest daughter is 15 so it might be her she means.....so I decided to say nothing in case I upset M**** . 4 months later she (M****) announced she was pregnant and was indeed "rocking a cradle" within the year . .
    Oh I asked around and only one other person , a young chap on day staff , got a similar letter. I think we wanted to discuss them but kind of danced around each other until a chance arose for a private chat many months later. Turns out HIS letter referenced a past similar to my daughter's and made predictions that came true as well.Sometimes these people just have some sort of ability. Yes, I know most are charlatans , but for sure missy wasn't and it was odd that out of about 18 staff she singled out two who needed reassurance of a very specific type at that point in their lives. A kind of angel if you will.:)

Awwwwww great story. Have you heard from her since?
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    A few years ago my eldest brother was staying with me and one evening we were sitting chatting and he mentioned that he had been messing around with his mobile phone earlier, taking pictures. He had been trying to take what is now a "selfie" (of just his face) but every image just turned out as a blurred flash of light across the screen. I said he must be holding it incorrectly or something. He insisted it wasn't and so we experimented. I used his camera to take pictures of an area in the room. Fine. His feet, legs, torso... all fine. His face. Another blurred light. I then used my own phone and the same thing happened. We tried several more times, the same thing. A slightly different blurred light every time but no face.

My brother has been told he has a spirit around him at all times and has experienced a lot of odd things in his life. He's not flaky or weird in any way. A normal blokey-bloke.

After many attempts to take a photo of his face we gave up, I was getting pretty freaked out and think I joked "maybe your spirit friend is objecting in some way.."
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    A few years ago my eldest brother was staying with me and one evening we were sitting chatting and he mentioned that he had been messing around with his mobile phone earlier, taking pictures. He had been trying to take what is now a "selfie" (of just his face) but every image just turned out as a blurred flash of light across the screen. I said he must be holding it incorrectly or something. He insisted it wasn't and so we experimented. I used his camera to take pictures of an area in the room. Fine. His feet, legs, torso... all fine. His face. Another blurred light. I then used my own phone and the same thing happened. We tried several more times, the same thing. A slightly different blurred light every time but no face.

My brother has been told he has a spirit around him at all times and has experienced a lot of odd things in his life. He's not flaky or weird in any way. A normal blokey-bloke.

After many attempts to take a photo of his face we gave up, I was getting pretty freaked out and think I joked "maybe your spirit friend is objecting in some way.."

How weird. Sounds like the start of a Korean horror film!
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2598377/Dont-believe-ghosts-These-chilling-stories-just-change-mind-Five-writers-reveal-spooky-encounters.html

Interesting article in the Daily Mail (you won't hear me say that often) with some writers describing their supernatural experiences.

Jennifer Saunders also came out the other day and said she's had dealings with a ghost, hence the article.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doll Feet wrote: »
    Not going to happen unfortunately Dolls. According to the mods "...appreciation threads are intended for public figures with like-minded fan followings. The thread in question does not fall into that category." Fair enough. Shame though, it would have helped to keep this thread on track.

That's a pity, but I'm happy to be enjoying the thread again. :) Great true life stories - keep them coming folks :)
  • Options
    livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you may be thinking of tara27. She last posted in March 2012, two months before you joined.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/search.php?searchid=7908388

FWIW I know this isn't nice but I didn't read many of her posts, she didn't use paragraph breaks so it was a massive wall of text. The stuff I did read was boring and I didn't believe a lot of it.

I believe Doll Feets stories though, they are well told and engaging.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »

Has he never been in other photos? Or was it just that day?
    janna wrote: »
    [...]I remembered [...] a gypsy girl. [...] I heard the doorbell go . Hubby was home and answered it. [...] and said " That was a gypsy girl selling sets of kitchen knives"
    Going to possible rational explanations first: Is it possible that you saw her approaching through the window before she rang the doorbell, even without realising you saw her, and this reminded you of the other girl?
  • Options
    jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member

Going to possible rational explanations first: Is it possible that you saw her approaching through the window before she rang the doorbell, even without realising you saw her, and this reminded you of the other girl?

No . Our kitchen is at the back of the house and I'd been in there at least 20 mins prepping food . Plus the door between the kitchen and hall was closed to keep our dog out , so I couldn't see down the hall to the front door (which only has a tiny frosted glass window 10" square anyway) .
    I don't think it's other-worldy/psychic , just one of those odd coincidences that occur occasionally.:)
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member

Just that day. Well, we didn't try again the next day, I should say. I don't know if this is significant at all but he was going through a rough patch with his other half, hence him staying with me. Probably not, but you never know.... I thought it worth mentioning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    As I have been living my ‘real’ life and recovering from illness and while I have not been on the site for some time, I have been trying to define my thoughts regarding three separate unexplained events which have happened to me though all three are of of a similar nature.

Please forgive the length of this post but I wished to explain below the unexplained experiences in full.

The first of these happened to me on the 27th of October 1985. Now, I would imagine that you would be thinking , ‘ How can she be so sure of the date’ and I will now explain why this is so.

It was my husband's birthday and myself and the children were , at the time, out in town to have lunch and generally have a relaxing day wandering in and out of the shops. During the afternoon I was aware that I was feeling really down and depressed. At the time, I could not understand why this was so as all was good in life at that time but I could not shake this awful feeling off and I had to ask my husband if he would mind if I could leave them and head off home.

When I arrived home I was still feeling terrible but only in my mood and not due to any physical illness. It was only after my husband and the children had arrived home that the phone rang. It was my adoptive father’s biological daughter and she told me at that time that sadly my dear adoptive father had passed away that very afternoon. Although he was a ‘good age’ , I was still so sad to hear this news as he was such a lovely man in every way possible.

When I was in bed that night and mulling things over in my mind about my adoptive father I had a similar experience to the one that I had in 1969 in that he , my Adoptive father , came to me with such love and to let me know that he was fine. The experience was not so strong or intense as the one that I had experienced in 1969 and he was not ‘solid’ either but I have no doubt that somehow he had come to comfort me and put my mind at rest.

The next time that a similar thing happened was in the September of 1995 and this happened when I was driving home alone after having had a hair appointment. The feelings of terrible sadness came over me again and I had to find somewhere to park my car as I did not wish to drive on feeling this way.

In 1995, I did not have a mobile phone so it was a matter of eventually arriving home and phoning all my family on the pretense of just having a chat. All was well with them and I was left feeling somewhat bemused by what had happened to me earlier on that afternoon. The next morning, yet again, there was a phone call from my friend’s daughter to tell me that her lovely mother had passed away due to a heart attack on the previous day. The mother was a good friend of mine so understandably, I felt very sad at hearing the news of her passing.

The third time that this happened was only oh, four years ago this coming August and it happened whilst I was at home going about my daily chores. Once again, I had the dreaded feelings that I describe above and once again, I phoned the immediate family, ‘ just to have a chat’ All was fine with them and so I carried on busying myself when at roughly three pm there was a knock on my front door. It was a neighbour that I did not, at that time, know too well and she had come to ask if I would come to D***s home as he had asked for me as he was feeling really unwell.

It transpired that D*** had called the Dr out earlier that day and after the consultation the Dr decided to only put in a request for an ambulance to come within the ‘next few hours’. It was plainly clear to me and my other neighbour that D*** was very unwell indeed and as I reached for the phone to call 999 there was a knock on the door and the ambulance had finally arrived. D*** was taken to hospital at he was then taken into the extensive care ward.

His family were very kind and kept in touch with me and updated me on D****’s condition. It was the very next morning that I heard that he sadly had passed away from Septic shock due to him having Diabetes and him not taking good care with his medication.

That very same morning I was informed by another neighbour’s daughter that her Mother had gone into the very same ward the previous evening due to heart failure and she too passed away that very same morning. She too was a very good friend so as you may imagine it was a very sad time for me as the two neighbours’ that had passed away were the only two, at that time, that were invited into my home and they both had become very good friends. Whenever I was away, they would take care of my dogs and cats and I , in return, would collect their shopping or help them out whenever I could.

Now, I have had other friends that have passed away and I did not have any forewarning that they were dying so it would seem that the the accounts mentioned above were selective warnings.

All due respect to those that are Skeptics and non believers that are reading my post.

Apologies again for the longish post.

Lynne

Type - Skeptics not Sceptics :-)
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I love this thread and am glad it's back on track.

I posted a long time ago about when I saw a friend (I don't think I mentioned that he was an ex - not important really but I knew him well) and returned home to later hear that he'd died in hospital the previous week. Thing is, the girl I was having lunch with saw him too and we, being nosy, watched for some minutes and wondered who was the woman he was chatting to.

Was it some sort of time warp? I have no idea but Janna your post about the Romanian girl reminded me of when I was 18 (70 this year:() and five of us went to see a very old lady who was reputed to be able to see into the future. She didn't charge money.

I've never posted about this before because I just can't be bothered to argue with naysayers. I know what she told each of us (one being my younger sister) and I know that she saw what was coming.

None of us changed our behaviour but what she saw did happen.

I've never been to a "fortune teller" or a medium in my life. Meeting that old lady and experiencing over the years what happened, removed any need.

Seeing my ex Stephen was quite a shock when I realised what had happened.

Is it a twist of time?

(Sorry, rhetorical question but those two experiences have never left my mind).
  • Options
    SweetcazSweetcaz Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Yesterday my OH and I made a long overdue visit to my cousin and her husband.( I will call them C&T, and their son A) We were there most of the day, and come evening, after tea we were relaxing and chatting and the conversation turned to the unexplained. C&T told us of an unforgetable night about 20 years ago.
    Their teenage son who was about 18 at the time, had gone out for the evening. C&T went to bed at about 11ish and A hadn't come home.
    About 1 o'clock in the morning the house phone rang, C ran down stairs to answer it.
    When she picked it up she could hear A shouting down the phone in a very terrified voice "Please come and get me dad, they have all left me, I am scared ,Come quickly, Please, " All the while he was shouting and very anxious, T who had followed C was beside himself and took the 'phone from C shouting "where are you, tell me where you are. "
    A, was crying and shouted" I'm in a phone box" and then he was cut off.
    T, rushed out to his car, poor C was left at home upset and crying in case A turned up.
    T went into the City centre looking around the outside of the nightclubs, looking for phone boxes, he couldn't see A anywhere, so returned home.
    When he got home poor C was crying because they hadn't found him, and whilst they were just about to phone the police A walked in!
    He hadn't been drinking, he swore he had been at his friends around the corner all evening, (which was verified later) but C&T swear it wasn't a wrong number, it was definetly their son on the other end of the phone.
    The house they live in has one or two other stories which I will relate later .
  • Options
    Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminded me of this "phone weirdness" account Sweetcaz;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q74qatA76V8
  • Options
    SweetcazSweetcaz Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Doll Feet wrote: »
    Reminded me of this "phone weirdness" account Sweetcaz;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q74qatA76V8
    WOW! Thanks for that Doll Feet.That is scary, but you just know he is telling the truth.
    There are a few other things that happened to "A" but I don't want to say just yet, as they are un-explainable and he was/is terrified of his experiences, but I feel that they are open to ridicule at the moment on this forum.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    I love this thread and am glad it's back on track.

I posted a long time ago about when I saw a friend (I don't think I mentioned that he was an ex - not important really but I knew him well) and returned home to later hear that he'd died in hospital the previous week. Thing is, the girl I was having lunch with saw him too and we, being nosy, watched for some minutes and wondered who was the woman he was chatting to.

Was it some sort of time warp? I have no idea but Janna your post about the Romanian girl reminded me of when I was 18 (70 this year:() and five of us went to see a very old lady who was reputed to be able to see into the future. She didn't charge money.

I've never posted about this before because I just can't be bothered to argue with naysayers. I know what she told each of us (one being my younger sister) and I know that she saw what was coming.

None of us changed our behaviour but what she saw did happen.

I've never been to a "fortune teller" or a medium in my life. Meeting that old lady and experiencing over the years what happened, removed any need.

Seeing my ex Stephen was quite a shock when I realised what had happened.

Is it a twist of time?

(Sorry, rhetorical question but those two experiences have never left my mind).

Hello Owllover,

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me will come here and give their explanation of what happened when you saw your ex though I would concur with you that maybe this was some unexplainable time slip.

You can only relate the truth of what you have experienced on this forum and know that this has happened to you and that some people will believe you and others not so and this is just how it is so do not worry about it :-)

I do believe that there are some people that do have a gift that gives them insight into the future.They are, I think, very few and far between though this does not diminish the abilities at all of those that are genuine :-) which includes the account of the older lady that you saw all those years ago.

Let us hope that this thread continues to have regular posters and new posters too that will come here and give their accounts of the unexplained.

Respectfully,

Lynne

PS. I must explain that in my last post I made a mistake of saying, 'The same morning regarding one of my neighbours. It should have read, The very next morning.
  • Options
    little_melittle_me Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Hi can I just say how much I love this thread :)

I wish I had something interesting to add but there haven't been many creepy things happen to me. I do have a little story though about a time I was creeped out.

A few years ago when I was at uni there was a guy there, who was in one of my classes, who creeped me out a bit. I had given him my mobile number because of an assignment we had to do. I had my phone on silent without realising and when I looked at it the next morning I had about 6 texts and 4 missed calls all off him. The next day he got talking to me, I explained about my phone being on silent and apologised for not replying. At one point he said "you're from **** aren't you?, I followed you to the bus stop yesterday". I kept my distance from him after that.

I don't know if you think that it's creepy or not. Looking back now it was probably just me worrying over nothing and him trying to be friendly :blush:, but at the time it did worry me.
  • Options
    MookyboyMookyboy Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ran the London marathon this year and took a video camera around with me to record some footage, and I've since put the below video together, as I wanted to share it with some of my family. I've only recently listened to it with headphones on, and at 4 minutes 13 seconds whilst I was running over Tower Bridge I think I've caught an EVP (which I think stands for Electronic Voice Phenomenon).

I say I think it's an EVP, as I was holding the camera in different positions on the way round, not realising some of the time my fingers were over the mircrophone on it, and just before the voice, the sounds goes muffled when I move my finger over the microphone - but then a voice fairly clearly says "it's freezing here" over the other muffled sounds.

It could be one of the spectators at the end of the day shouting something, but it is a bit of an odd thing to say when there's a marathon going on. Have a look (well listen) and see what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNK1cCPf74I
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I had one recently in New York. I am absolutely sure it is due to jetlag and not sleeping very well several nights before either, but it is still funny what tricks our brains can play on us.

We were walking down Bleecker Street when all of a sudden I had a total disconnection. I couldn't for the life of you told you where I was, who I was or who I was with. I mean I knew who I was meant to be with, but my brain sort of processed it as 'adult male' as if I had no connection at all to that person. It weirded me out a bit so I looked around to try and figure it out and I caught my reflection in a shop window, but it didn't register that it was me, even though I knew it was meant to be me if that makes sense?

I also seemed to have a sort of sound vacuum in which all sound seemed to disappear and things seemed slowed down a tiny bit. After about 5 minutes it felt as though I was sort of thrown back into my body and I felt fine again. It's very difficult to describe what I mean. The closest thing is that it felt like an out of body experience, except I was in my body but I didn't recognise who or where I was. I was just in a body looking out. I am absolutely sure it was due to tiredness, but it did freak me out!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    lah1 wrote: »
    As I have been living my ‘real’ life and recovering from illness and while I have not been on the site for some time, I have been trying to define my thoughts regarding three separate unexplained events which have happened to me though all three are of of a similar nature.

Please forgive the length of this post but I wished to explain below the unexplained experiences in full.

The first of these happened to me on the 27th of October 1985. Now, I would imagine that you would be thinking , ‘ How can she be so sure of the date’ and I will now explain why this is so.

It was my husband's birthday and myself and the children were , at the time, out in town to have lunch and generally have a relaxing day wandering in and out of the shops. During the afternoon I was aware that I was feeling really down and depressed. At the time, I could not understand why this was so as all was good in life at that time but I could not shake this awful feeling off and I had to ask my husband if he would mind if I could leave them and head off home.

When I arrived home I was still feeling terrible but only in my mood and not due to any physical illness. It was only after my husband and the children had arrived home that the phone rang. It was my adoptive father’s biological daughter and she told me at that time that sadly my dear adoptive father had passed away that very afternoon. Although he was a ‘good age’ , I was still so sad to hear this news as he was such a lovely man in every way possible.

When I was in bed that night and mulling things over in my mind about my adoptive father I had a similar experience to the one that I had in 1969 in that he , my Adoptive father , came to me with such love and to let me know that he was fine. The experience was not so strong or intense as the one that I had experienced in 1969 and he was not ‘solid’ either but I have no doubt that somehow he had come to comfort me and put my mind at rest.

The next time that a similar thing happened was in the September of 1995 and this happened when I was driving home alone after having had a hair appointment. The feelings of terrible sadness came over me again and I had to find somewhere to park my car as I did not wish to drive on feeling this way.

In 1995, I did not have a mobile phone so it was a matter of eventually arriving home and phoning all my family on the pretense of just having a chat. All was well with them and I was left feeling somewhat bemused by what had happened to me earlier on that afternoon. The next morning, yet again, there was a phone call from my friend’s daughter to tell me that her lovely mother had passed away due to a heart attack on the previous day. The mother was a good friend of mine so understandably, I felt very sad at hearing the news of her passing.

The third time that this happened was only oh, four years ago this coming August and it happened whilst I was at home going about my daily chores. Once again, I had the dreaded feelings that I describe above and once again, I phoned the immediate family, ‘ just to have a chat’ All was fine with them and so I carried on busying myself when at roughly three pm there was a knock on my front door. It was a neighbour that I did not, at that time, know too well and she had come to ask if I would come to D***s home as he had asked for me as he was feeling really unwell.

It transpired that D*** had called the Dr out earlier that day and after the consultation the Dr decided to only put in a request for an ambulance to come within the ‘next few hours’. It was plainly clear to me and my other neighbour that D*** was very unwell indeed and as I reached for the phone to call 999 there was a knock on the door and the ambulance had finally arrived. D*** was taken to hospital at he was then taken into the extensive care ward.

His family were very kind and kept in touch with me and updated me on D****’s condition. It was the very next morning that I heard that he sadly had passed away from Septic shock due to him having Diabetes and him not taking good care with his medication.

That very same morning I was informed by another neighbour’s daughter that her Mother had gone into the very same ward the previous evening due to heart failure and she too passed away that very same morning. She too was a very good friend so as you may imagine it was a very sad time for me as the two neighbours’ that had passed away were the only two, at that time, that were invited into my home and they both had become very good friends. Whenever I was away, they would take care of my dogs and cats and I , in return, would collect their shopping or help them out whenever I could.

Now, I have had other friends that have passed away and I did not have any forewarning that they were dying so it would seem that the the accounts mentioned above were selective warnings.

All due respect to those that are Skeptics and non believers that are reading my post.

Apologies again for the longish post.

Lynne

Type - Skeptics not Sceptics :-)

I find this so interesting as I had similar, only once, when my friend died.
    Thanks for sharing x
    Hoping youre doing ok Lah x
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an unexplained, but rather welcome strange experience this morning. On 23 March my mother passed away, I was with her, at 88 years old. This morning I found a picture message on my phone which said it had been sent from my email account, of Mum last year when she was looking really well, smiling broadly. However I had not sent the message and I have no idea how it got there, the picture was one on my phone but I had not sent it to myself. However, seeing her smiling face was so lovely, and I strongly felt her presence in my home this morning. Not creepy at all but strange. :)
  • Options
    puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My house phone is always switched to silent and I never bother checking who has called or left messages as i always use my mobile phone and the house phone is more for internet connections....so....

A few weeks ago I was shopping for clothes after work on a friday late afternoon and happened to glance at a black dress ( I dont own any kind of a black dress btw) as I looked at it I thought that would do for a funeral (havent been to a funeral for approx 10 yrs either) I imeediately thought oh dont be silly but also spooked, immediately following on from that in my thoughts was do I even know anybody who is old or even ill, immediately I thought of an elderly uncle (74) about the only older person I know with the exception of my mother in law who is 80. But no....my uncle popped into my head. Followed by the sudden absolute conviction he had died. He lives in Liverpool and I live in London and we speak occasionally and at xmas, which was last time id heard from him and tbh I was thinking I wonder if one of these days I will ring him and he will have died s none of us are getting any younger, it was definitely in the back of my mind. He was in good health last time I heard.

As its getting late and Im very tired I have had to edit this to add a bit I missed out,

when I got home from shopping I was knackered so went upstairs for a short lie down and my husband phoned me, whilst we were talking to each other i heard someone walking up every step of the stairs, each step creaked right to outside my door, I was freaked out and told my husband to stay on the phone as i was convinced someone was in the house. All the kids were out at work or school and my husband was at work, it was just me alone in the house, I had no choice but to search the house myself but only had the courage as my husband was on the phone with me, house was of course empty thank god, but by now i was feeling quite uneasy, next day i forgot about it.

The following wednesday I received a letter from my cousin to say that my uncle died on friday morning of the day I had gone shopping friday afternoon and that they had been continuously phoning me on the house phone since friday/sat/sun (phone was switched off) before dropping me a letter on the monday ..its weird as its happened many times and that is third time ive had a premonition someone has died and then found it out its true (sister/ex father in law/ then my uncle)

Not a happy experience
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I've enjoyed this thread (both parts) and have probably spent hours reading its creepy posts in the early hours of the morning. The creepiness factor defintely came from the fact these posts felt real and sometimes had a logical and scientific explanation, and sometimes didn't. Some were just weird coincidences, some were just strange encounters with people, some were ghostly encounters that can't be explained...whatever it was, it felt like real stories by real people.

But I feel posters (such as Doll Feet) are undermining this thread. He/she has apparently travelled back in time to visit a cafe; saw a creature randomly in the street on another dimensional plane and another incident I cannot remember. There was a mention of Satanist boyfriend in another post too. All of these events are extraordinary events that defy the laws of physics and the universe as we know them- how likely is it that all of them are true? I don't mean to offend, but I just find it ludicrous to believe. His/her stories are too perfect, too creepy, too extraordinary compared to the other posts on this thread. I feel like those type of posts undermine other posts on the thread- ones that are small, slightly unusual and odd stories that are believable, and therefore creepier. Posts about time travelling and dimensional plains are crossing into horror story/conspiracy theories territory. I've seen a couple of Doll Feet's posts, where there's references to Shadow People and such- which can be considered as some "out there" beliefs. This is just my opinion though, feel free to disagree.

As for my creepy experiences? Like many others, I've had that thing of sensing someone was going to die before it happened- most notably, my father's death. On the drive to the hospital where I'd found out he was dead, I saw a father and his young son in the street and began crying for some reason. Other people I know have had a similar experience, in that they sense someone is going to die just before they do. And I once saw a white, bright tornado like...thing in a field when I was kid during the drive home from a restaurant at night. That was odd. But that's about it. I'm afraid my stories don't include time travel or creatures from a science-fiction novel, and are explainable to a certain degree.

But I find the seemingly common phenomenon of sensing someone's death much more interesting, creepy and strange than some of the more outlandish stories...
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facepalm wrote: »
    I've enjoyed this thread (both parts) and have probably spent hours reading its creepy posts in the early hours of the morning. The creepiness factor defintely came from the fact these posts felt real and sometimes had a logical and scientific explanation, and sometimes didn't. Some were just weird coincidences, some were just strange encounters with people, some were ghostly encounters that can't be explained...whatever it was, it felt like real stories by real people.

But I feel posters (such as Doll Feet) are undermining this thread. He/she has apparently travelled back in time to visit a cafe; saw a creature randomly in the street on another dimensional plane and another incident I cannot remember. There was a mention of Satanist boyfriend in another post too. All of these events are extraordinary events that defy the laws of physics and the universe as we know them- how likely is it that all of them are true? I don't mean to offend, but I just find it ludicrous to believe. His/her stories are too perfect, too creepy, too extraordinary compared to the other posts on this thread. I feel like those type of posts undermine other posts on the thread- ones that are small, slightly unusual and odd stories that are believable, and therefore creepier. Posts about time travelling and dimensional plains are crossing into horror story/conspiracy theories territory. I've seen a couple of Doll Feet's posts, where there's references to Shadow People and such- which can be considered as some "out there" beliefs. This is just my opinion though, feel free to disagree.

As for my creepy experiences? Like many others, I've had that thing of sensing someone was going to die before it happened- most notably, my father's death. On the drive to the hospital where I'd found out he was dead, I saw a father and his young son in the street and began crying for some reason. Other people I know have had a similar experience, in that they sense someone is going to die just before they do. And I once saw a white, bright tornado like...thing in a field when I was kid during the drive home from a restaurant at night. That was odd. But that's about it. I'm afraid my stories don't include time travel or creatures from a science-fiction novel, and are explainable to a certain degree.

But I find the seemingly common phenomenon of sensing someone's death much more interesting, creepy and strange than some of the more outlandish stories...

I've had the sensing someone's death before, I think. Me and my OH were out and both felt off, like ill/stick and went home. About an hour after getting home a relative was killed in an accident. Of course that's probably coincidence, but when an event like that happens I think you do add more significance to things around it.

This isn't weird as such, is easily explainable, not particularly creepy in the first place but scared me at the time as I was young.

When I was about 7 I had a bad dream that woke me, vaguely it was like a nuke in a war movie. IIRC a couple stood in a field near a wooden house and a nuke going off in the distance. I had no idea what it was and hadnt ever seen one before.

About a week later my older brother was watching some old war time movie, about Hiroshima I think, and the exact scene from the bad dream popped up in the movie. That scared me as a 7 year old.
  • Options
    India_RainIndia_Rain Posts: 2,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facepalm wrote: »

I think that's incredibly unfair to single out someone on here. It takes a lot for people to put their experiences on here, especially ones which don't fit in with how other people can comprehend reality. I know Doll Feet and I know how much it took for her to share some of her experiences (and, by the way, she is one of the most genuine, honest people I know). Just because they don't fit in on your spectrum of what could happen - you don't have to mock them, or make someone out to be story telling. It seems that only certain "creepiest things" are accepted in your mind. Everyone on this thread has a right to post their own experiences - from things which can be explained, to things which can't. It is that person's personal truth.

If you don't believe in something, someone has written here, then just ignore it. For some, it may be the first time they have ever shared with anyone else, something that they don't understand. To open others to ridicule, on a thread where people have very bravely written their truth (even if they don't understand what it is that has happened), is the reason why a lot don't bother sharing their own experiences (myself included). If I told everyone certain things I had experienced, you would also label me as being "outlandish" and "ludicrous". I don't have the courage to do so, but please respect those who do. If you can't comprehend a certain experience, that's fine - but I know that Doll Feet's posts have had meaning for a few people, who have had similar things happen to them - but are too scared to speak out, because they feel isolated and that nobody will believe them.

All posts on this thread are worthy of being here and none are "undermining" anyone else's. The only "undermining" I see is from you, ironically. And, whilst the mocking of some goes on - fewer people will want to post their experiences, for fear of being accused of making things up, just because their reality doesn't match someone else's. And I think that is such a shame.