Options

BBC Breakfast - Revolving Door Sunday

Comments

• Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh No not NAGGER again, she has all the Charisma and Personality of a blank sheet of A4 paper

In fact, I might just paint a bedroom wall, and watch the paint dry

Even that is more preferable.....

Switched off.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »
    Oh No not NAGGER again, she has all the Charisma and Personality of a blank sheet of A4 paper

Switched off.

Did you see her on Breakfast's Happy video?
  • Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For the record I don't particularly like Naga as a presenter either, but if you're going to insult her, at least spell her name correctly.

If you want some decent, and far broader news coverage in the morning (or any time) try Al Jazeera, or EuroNews.
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark C wrote: »
    For the record I don't particularly like Naga as a presenter either, but if you're going to insult her, at least spell her name correctly.

If you want some decent, and far broader news coverage in the morning (or any time) try Al Jazeera, or EuroNews.

I think they're being facetious - or at least trying to be. Childish too, of course... Unless they're not attempting to be facetious and they're just being childish? :confused:

If I watch morning TV then it's always BBC, but I have to confess to not really noticing who it is, or caring, much less having the desire to pull their 'performance' apart. To me, Naga Munchetty is fine - she does her job no better or worse than anyone else, and I don't really notice how she hands over to the weather.

Anyway it's not about the who it's about the what. It's a product that's not full of adverts and silly competitions aimed at the 'tabloid TV' audience who think Jeremy Kyle counts as 'cutting edge' and who think that the 'entertainment' news is the be all and end all - and that's good enough for me! :)
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That comment that other poster made about her looking like a refugee from a 70s Gerry Anderson sci fi show.

Reminds me, must dig out my UFO dvd!
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Did you see her on Breakfast's Happy video?

I saw a bit of it which they showed and couldn't see the point of it. Happy came out six months ago, so the time to make a spoof video, as others have done, was before Xmas. Doing it now seems very late to the party. Clearly, they only did it because Pharrell Williams was going round the interview circuit also talking about Blurred Lines, which came out last summer, so again, made me wonder why he was bothering now.

And there's no better video for Happy than this one featuring a female student:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLLPaX4SS4
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    I saw a bit of it which they showed and couldn't see the point of it. Happy came out six months ago, so the time to make a spoof video, as others have done, was before Xmas. Doing it now seems very late to the party. Clearly, they only did it because Pharrell Williams was going round the interview circuit also talking about Blurred Lines, which came out last summer, so again, made me wonder why he was bothering now.

And there's no better video for Happy than this one featuring a female student:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLLPaX4SS4

Yes it was way after the event but good on them for giving it a go.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »

I thought it was because of the arrest of the people in the Iranian version recently. Then again there were amarillo copycat videos for months afterwards.
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    The spectacular failures of ITV and TV AM shows, shows they have got it wrong again and again.

"....By the early 1990s, operating with a significantly reduced staff, it (TV-am) was the world's most profitable TV station in terms of turnover. During this period the station became the most popular breakfast television service in the UK, as the BBC's Breakfast Time lost viewers...."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV-am
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Switched off.

That's harsh. You do realise you've misspelled her name & your now only 1 letter away from being a complete pillock, but I guess that was deliberate & your point all along.
  • Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nagger has been used by others first !!!

Way before the current controversy

The spelling you refer to never crossed my mind !!

I'll not use it again...
  • Options
    stipey2stipey2 Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Nagger has been used by others first !!!

Way before the current controversy

The spelling you refer to never crossed my mind !!

I'll not use it again...

There are a lot of people on these forums very quick to pick at others over the slightest things such as spelling. I think they sit waiting for every false move so they can pounce. For the record I think that was how you genuinely thought her name was spelt and you were not being suggestive in any way. Pathetic people.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    A play on her name is Nagger Machete, possibly due to her presenting style/interview technique. I don't watch her enough to make a judgement on that.

It's pathetic to link a play on a name to a racist term.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    "....By the early 1990s, operating with a significantly reduced staff, it (TV-am) was the world's most profitable TV station in terms of turnover. During this period the station became the most popular breakfast television service in the UK, as the BBC's Breakfast Time lost viewers...."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV-am

Saved by a rat.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Saved by a rat.

The only rat to join a sinking ship - copyright Greg Dyke
  • Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stipey2 wrote: »
    There are a lot of people on these forums very quick to pick at others over the slightest things such as spelling. I think they sit waiting for every false move so they can pounce. For the record I think that was how you genuinely thought her name was spelt and you were not being suggestive in any way. Pathetic people.

Spelling typos are not a problem, but that wasn't the issue here, it was a silly fatuous attempt to link someone who nags, with her name (that is clearly labelled on screen as being Naga). Mildly amusing (perhaps) first time round, but that's it. It's similar to the other tiresome practice of referring to Sky as $ky.
  • Options
    stipey2stipey2 Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Mark C wrote: »
    Spelling typos are not a problem, but that wasn't the issue here, it was a silly fatuous attempt to link someone who nags, with her name (that is clearly labelled on screen as being Naga). Mildly amusing (perhaps) first time round, but that's it. It's similar to the other tiresome practice of referring to Sky as $ky.

So frustrating. :confused:
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Revolving Door Sunday is now extended to Saturdays as well

Last week John McGuire, This week they've let Roger Johnson do a Saturday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Looks like Revolving Door Sunday is now extended to Saturdays as well

Last week John McGuire, This week they've let Roger Johnson do a Saturday

Probably because Bill was off this week, I think Roger Johnson is fine and works well with Sally.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Probably because Bill was off this week, I think Roger Johnson is fine and works well with Sally.

Usually they would use one of the relief presenters like Jon Kay rather than one of the Sunday randoms. I don't think Roger has ever been allowed out on a Saturday before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually they would use one of the relief presenters like Jon Kay rather than one of the Sunday randoms. I don't think Roger has ever been allowed out on a Saturday before.

Charlie Stayt normally does Thursday, Friday, Saturday but he did the whole week.They only need a stand-in on Sundays then.
  • Options
    Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie Stayt normally does Thursday, Friday, Saturday but he did the whole week.They only need a stand-in on Sundays then.

According to another forum, Jon Kay was down to do yesterday (and probably today), but he's been in Portugal reporting on the latest developments regarding Madeleine McCann, hence why Charlie did yesterday.
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most people call her Nagging Machete.

and I like her.

It is possible to come up with a take off of someone's name without it being meant in a particularly nasty way.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's terrible. Slouching everywhere as well. Awkward to watch.
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roger Johnson is one of the BBC News' worst presenters. How he's made it onto Breakfast and North West Tonight, I don't know.