Episodes – BBC2 – Mondays 10pm

Comments

• The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a funny episode. Matt Le Blanc continued to astonish with his ability to rip himself.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still loving this. It will be interesting to see where this new script idea (old script...) will go.

And I laughed out loud at the "ploughing our way through the family" comment.
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a very classy comedy.Hope it returns
  • fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the only tv comedy I watch. Matt Le Blanc is soo good at making an ass of himself. This weeks episode benefited from being Castorless. His erection problems were dragged out too long last week.
    Funny with Mornings' sister/daughter!. I loved 'who was Trumans Vice President? ' 'how ****ing old do you think I am ?? ' but knowing the answer. The C word was I bit meh but, the assistant is so useless I'm not thinking it an overreaction. I do hope it's back for another series.
  • Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm absolutely staggered but a fourth series has definitely been commissioned. I can only guess that it's much more popular in the States than here. I think it has its moments but it's just so limp.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25347304
  • MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it?

So presumably their other series get's picked up and somehow Matt LeBlanc ends up being in it.

That certainly wouldn't happen, they would have to choose an entirely new star for the new series otherwise it would just be associated with Pucks and would flop again.

Interesting to see how they pull that off.

Well mildly interesting anyway.
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moleskin wrote: »
    Has it?

So presumably their other series get's picked up and somehow Matt LeBlanc ends up being in it.

That certainly wouldn't happen, they would have to choose an entirely new star for the new series otherwise it would just be associated with Pucks and would flop again.

Interesting to see how they pull that off.

Well mildly interesting anyway.

There could be all sort of interesting and funny story lines if Matt DOESN'T get cast in their new show, which turns out to be a success and Matt goes increasingly off the rails because no one will give him a part :)
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the greatest comedy in the world but it is very witty and smart in parts. If it does return then it would be interesting to see it go in a slightly different direction.
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actress who played Morning's daughter is the sexiest woman I've seen on my TV in ages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ffa1 wrote: »
    The actress who played Morning's daughter is the sexiest woman I've seen on my TV in ages.

Tracy Spiridakos (although I didn't recognise her at first). She is in the the terrible Revolution. If you haven't seen it, don't bother: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2702898/
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Tracy Spiridakos (although I didn't recognise her at first). She is in the the terrible Revolution. If you haven't seen it, don't bother: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2702898/

Ah yes! Knew she was familiar:D
    And yes, delightful as she is, she was woeful in Revolution, which was pretty woeful all told:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Ah yes! Knew she was familiar:D
    And yes, delightful as she is, she was woeful in Revolution, which was pretty woeful all told:(

Yes, I only managed 3 episodes of Revolution before giving in. How it got renewed is beyond me. Tracy is lovely and her role in Episodes was maybe better suited to her but she is still an actress of very limited ability.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scene where Matt told Sean and Bev about sleeping with Morning's daughter was very funny

Bev "You slept with the woman herself"
    Sean "That's also true"
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was chuffed because I did recognise her. Her character quickly becomes annoying in the first season of Revolution, but improves a lot in the second. She becomes less entitled and more cynical, and I ended up wanting to see what happened to her. (Spoilers: not a lot, as it turns out. Not a carefully thought-out show.) So I wouldn't hold that first season of Revolution against the actress.

This is my first post in this thread, because I came to the show late, partway through this season. I like it. As usual I read lots of posts saying it's no longer as good as it was, but for me it stands up.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,610
    Forum Member
    ffa1 wrote: »
    You think? She she looked twice the age she was claiming to be in this. Horrible skin for a supposed teenager.
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed that last episode, thought it was the best of the series and had some real laugh out loud moments, especially when Matt realised he had just slept with Morning's daughter, 'take your hand off my ****!'
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt LeBlanc howling with indignation at you Brits coming over here and stealing our jobs was very funny as we cut to him with Jamie Lapidus who is played by Genevieve O'Reilly. Okay not British but not American either!
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with others that S1&2 were better but it had its moments. I've especially enjoyed the references to Morning's age.

When they discussed fundraiser phone ins and she said she'd done the Amoco Cadiz and Three Mile Island made me laugh.

The new boss was a big mistake IMO. Matt Blanc was as good as ever.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not the greatest comedy in the world but it is very witty and smart in parts. If it does return then it would be interesting to see it go in a slightly different direction.

It’s already been confirmed as returning for a 4th season.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just read that Damian Lewis auditioned for Stephen Mangans part.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the line "Man! We're really ploughing through that family" :)
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    It’s already been confirmed as returning for a 4th season.

Oh my! Matt le Blanc really is a glutton for punishment, isn't he?
  • The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my! Matt le Blanc really is a glutton for punishment, isn't he?

Quite the opposite in his opinion. I recall reading a while back that he's got so much money he only does what he enjoys doing these days.

So boo to the critics
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite the opposite in his opinion. I recall reading a while back that he's got so much money he only does what he enjoys doing these days.

So boo to the critics

They even made a joke about it in season 1 i think - it's generally referred to as "f**k you" money and I'm sure he mentioned that before agreeing to appear in "Pucks".

But then they all got $1 Million Dollars per episode for Season 9 and 10 of 'Friends'.
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the series had finished but there are 2 more to go.
    Great.