Options

Soaps real life partner swapping

Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I've just seen a picture of james sutton snogging the actress who plays his prison officer

he seems to make a habit of dating his co-stars- he went with sammy woodward for a while and she herself went with him, the guy who plays Andy and didn't she also date the actor who played Robert

Where I work, dating co workers is perfectly fine but if there's a break up it's always awkward so I wonder how it must be for actors/actresses

anyone else dating other soap actors or is it limited to the randy buggers down at Emmedale! :D

Comments

• Options
    Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracey Childs and Tony Anholt married each other in real life, and also in the show, at the end of the last series of HOWARDS WAY. DEMPSEY AND MAKEPEACE eg Glynis Barber and Michael Brandon married each other. Willow and Wesley eg Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Denisof of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER married each other.

There was Kara Tointon going out with someone who played her brother didn't he, in Eastenders, and didn't phil mitchell go out in real life with one of the women from the show, I can't remember who and I won't until it's too late to add it to this post. Anyway its Phil so who cares, lol?

The funniest thing ever is David Tennant going out with Georgia Moffett who played the Doctor's daughter in the show. And as her father is Peter Davison who was Doctor no 5, if they eventually tie the knot and get married, the Doctor will be his own father in law as well as marrying his own daughter. And their children will be his grandchildren as well as his children... makes your head spin, doesn't it?

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At one point in Coronation Street Tina O'Brien who played Sarah-Lou was dating the actor who played her on-screen boyfriend Todd Grimshaw and then was dating Ryan Thomas who played Jason Grimshaw. She then went on to have a daughter with Ryan Thomas before splitting up.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dennis C wrote: »
    DEMPSEY AND MAKEPEACE eg Glynis Barber and Michael Brandon

You mean "ie", not "eg". I'm feeling pedantic. :p
    didn't phil mitchell go out in real life with one of the women from the show, I can't remember who

Yes. Steve McFadden (Phil) once had a relationship with Lucy Benjamin (Lisa).
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    In hollyoaks at one point half the cast were seeing another member of the cast cos I remember when they made the keep fit video Vernon Kaye made a joke about how it must be in the contracts.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracey Childs and Tony Anholt married each other in real life, and also in the show, at the end of the last series of HOWARDS WAY. DEMPSEY AND MAKEPEACE eg Glynis Barber and Michael Brandon married each other. Willow and Wesley eg Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Denisof of BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER married each other.

There was Kara Tointon going out with someone who played her brother didn't he, in Eastenders, and didn't phil mitchell go out in real life with one of the women from the show, I can't remember who and I won't until it's too late to add it to this post. Anyway its Phil so who cares, lol?

The funniest thing ever is David Tennant going out with Georgia Moffett who played the Doctor's daughter in the show. And as her father is Peter Davison who was Doctor no 5, if they eventually tie the knot and get married, the Doctor will be his own father in law as well as marrying his own daughter. And their children will be his grandchildren as well as his children... makes your head spin, doesn't it?

Kara Tointon was going out with Joe Swash. She was sacked for leaking EE storylines to the papers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Kara Tointon was going out with Joe Swash. She was sacked for leaking EE storylines to the papers.

REALLY?!?! OMG how do you know that? Also, what storylines did she leak??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liss88 wrote: »

I never knew this either!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Is david tennant really going out with her her- I don't know why but I thought he was gay lol

I also think it's sweet re alyson hannigan and alexis denisof!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

SPILL THE BEANS! :D

Joe Swash ick

She also dated the guy who played martin fowler too and before that she dated her dream team co star terry kiely who was hot!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member

This was big news at the time, iirc, she went on twitter and leaked something about Danielle's exit storyline? Her bosses were not pleased! There were rumours the 'Dawn and Phil' storyline was sort of a way to get back at her :D

Also on-topic, in Corrie, Sarah Platt went out with Todd Grimshaw and later married his brother Jason, and I think the same happened in real life, Tina O'Brien went out with Bruno Langley and later married Ryan Thomas, who played the above characters!
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,962
    Forum Member
    This was big news at the time, iirc, she went on twitter and leaked something about Danielle's exit storyline? Her bosses were not pleased! There were rumours the 'Dawn and Phil' storyline was sort of a way to get back at her :D
    !

no thats not what happened. She never had a twitter. she posted on FB about Lauren crace's leaving party and people guessed it from that. Someone else who had faked her on twitter who was a friend on FB leaked it on there.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member

Also on-topic, in Corrie, Sarah Platt went out with Todd Grimshaw and later married his brother Jason, and I think the same happened in real life, Tina O'Brien went out with Bruno Langley and later married Ryan Thomas, who played the above characters!

Her and Ryan never got marrid just had a kid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Audrey Roberts (corrie) married Alan Bradley (corrie) - he was Rita's mad boyfriend who got killed by a tram in Blackpool.

Kevin Webster (corrie) married his sister (michelle - I think her name was)
  • Options
    BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    billy mitchell is married to someone who was in corrie in real life
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BZR wrote: »
    billy mitchell is married to someone who was in corrie in real life

She was the actress who played the WPC that
    Curly Watts moved away with
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is david tennant really going out with her her- I don't know why but I thought he was gay lol

I also think it's sweet re alyson hannigan and alexis denisof!

No, he's not gay. He's going out with her
    . He used to date Sophia Myles who played Madame de Pompadour in The Girl In The Fireplace, the episode about the clockwork robots, but that ended when she got a job in America, playing the female lead role in Moonlight - a great vampire/detectve show, but that got cancelled after only one season - as they were just too far apart with the whole Atlantic between them, for it to continue.

Moonlight --> http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6033706/Moonlight-Season-One/Product.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Jeff Hordley (Cain Dingle) is married to Zoe Henry (Rhona the vet)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was big news at the time, iirc, she went on twitter and leaked something about Danielle's exit storyline? Her bosses were not pleased!
    There were rumours the 'Dawn and Phil' storyline was sort of a way to get back at her :D

Well getting her with Phil and also Gary was the sweetest revenge they could have thought up lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

No, he's not gay. He's going out with her
    . He used to date Sophia Myles who played Madame de Pompadour in The Girl In The Fireplace, the episode about the clockwork robots, but that ended when she got a job in America, playing the female lead role in Moonlight - a great vampire/detectve show, but that got cancelled after only one season - as they were just too far apart with the whole Atlantic between them, for it to continue.

Moonlight --> http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6033706/Moonlight-Season-One/Product.html

Oh cool, thanks

Is it just me or is there anyone else who doesn't believe he's the best thing since sliced bread!

I think Matt Smith is much better as Dr Who
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Rourke wrote: »
    Audrey Roberts (corrie) married Alan Bradley (corrie) - he was Rita's mad boyfriend who got killed by a tram in Blackpool.

No Michael le Vell (KW) married Janet Beverley who was in Childrens Hospital
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    margaux wrote: »

The show was called Children's Ward :)

I remember in the 80's that Gillian Taylforth (Kathy - EastEnders) used to date her co-star Nick Berry (Wicksy)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh cool, thanks

Is it just me or is there anyone else who doesn't believe he's the best thing since sliced bread!

I think Matt Smith is much better as Dr Who

I don't fancy David Tennant - I'm straight - but I thought he was a damn good Doctor. But then, he had great costars such as Billie and John Barrowman and Noel Clarke to spark off, and great scripts too.... as for Matt Smith, I think he's OK but apart from the story with Vincent Van Gogh in it, I haven't really enjoyed any of his stories... and I don't like Karen Gillan, for some reason that baffles me. I don't even fancy her. Spose its cos I'm loyal to Billie. And to SMG... ;)

PS I don't really rate sliced bread actually!! Unless its really, really thick sliced which makes for great toast. I prefer to buy unsliced loaves and cut 'em myself.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    In hollyoaks at one point half the cast were seeing another member of the cast cos I remember when they made the keep fit video Vernon Kaye made a joke about how it must be in the contracts.

Ali Bastian (Becca Hayton/Dean) dated Kevin Scarce (Jake Dean). Kevin Scarce also dated Claire Cooper (Jacqui McQueen).

I also know that Sarah Dunn (Mandy Richardson/Hutchinson) dated Marcus Patric (Ben Davies)

Claire King (kim Tate) was also Married to PeterAmory (Chris Tate) for many years (Emmerdale).
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rourke wrote: »

margaux wrote: »
    The show was called Children's Ward :)

I remember in the 80's that Gillian Taylforth (Kathy - EastEnders) used to date her co-star Nick Berry (Wicksy)

Because I am a saddo, I remember Janette Beverley was in a couple of episodes of Corrie back in the 80s. I think it was Kevin, Sally, Martin Platt, Jenny Bradley and Curly borrowed a boat and Janette Beverley played a friend of one of the girls who ended up snogging Curly.

Gawd knows how many years ago that was now mind because it was before kevin & sally had children.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Ali Bastian (Becca Hayton/Dean) dated Kevin Scarce (Jake Dean). Kevin Scarce also dated Claire Cooper (Jacqui McQueen).

I also know that Sarah Dunn (Mandy Richardson/Hutchinson) dated Marcus Patric (Ben Davies)

Claire King (kim Tate) was also Married to PeterAmory (Chris Tate) for many years (Emmerdale).

Didn't he then have an affair/relationship with Samantha Giles who played Bernice Blackstock/Thomas in Emmerdale too?

I know in Doctors the actors who played George and Ronnie Woodson are married in real life.