Jessica Chastain

LMLM Posts: 63,327
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone a fan of her?

She's been doing bit part roles since 04 and out of nowhere last year, she has become a critically acclaimed oscar nominated actress.

She is truly incredible in The Help, The Tree of Life and Take Shelter.

I think she is really a good actress who can really give her characters an identity. I think she is really one to watch over the next few years.

Comments

• cragsbycragsby Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I adore her a lot especially after watching her in The Help, she can only get better and better with her projects, and she's a lovely woman particularly when I saw her at the BAFTAs :p
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so gutted she never won that Oscar. I thought her performance was much better than Octavia's
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im sort of becoming obsessed by her but not in a creepy way! :D

she is so refreshing in the industry, supremely talented, imo the best actress working right now bar meryl streep, just watch all her films. plus she is a natural beauty, she doesn't actually need to do anything she just has "it". also read and watch her interviews she is one the nicest, grounded and humble people and lets hope she doesn't let hollywood corrupt he so to speak.

and she's doing some great some great films this year and lets hope it continues so im not worried about her not winning an oscar last night i think she will continue to keep getting nominated and will win one day.
  • cragsbycragsby Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gutted too but I'm hoping this is the start of something big for her. Especially when she has another five films out this year (according to IMDB) compared to the seven she had last year, she's a busy gal :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    cragsby wrote: »
    I was gutted too but I'm hoping this is the start of something big for her. Especially when she has another five films out this year (according to IMDB) compared to the seven she had last year, she's a busy gal :)
    Surprised there isn't a Millican type hatred thread seeing as though she seems to be working non stop
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats a good question, i think maybe because she isn't a celebrity yet for example shes not going to be on the cover of every tabloid and people wont really recognise her all the time and with the characters she plays and the movies she's choosing they are all so different that you believe her and dont recognise her .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »
    im sort of becoming obsessed by her but not in a creepy way! :D

she is so refreshing in the industry, supremely talented, imo the best actress working right now bar meryl streep, just watch all her films. plus she is a natural beauty, she doesn't actually need to do anything she just has "it". also read and watch her interviews she is one the nicest, grounded and humble people and lets hope she doesn't let hollywood corrupt he so to speak.

and she's doing some great some great films this year and lets hope it continues so im not worried about her not winning an oscar last night i think she will continue to keep getting nominated and will win one day.

This:):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glad everyone likes her and hope she goes far, i cant stop watching her films and look forward to new ones and im on youtube right now watching everything of i can of her, she's a terrific person, she has a quality :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very happy that YET AGAIN, there is a lots of buzz on her for another oscar year. Along with Jennifer Lawerence, she is a frontrunner for best actress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so gutted she never won that Oscar. I thought her performance was much better than Octavia's

I disagree. Octavia was a revelation in that movie. They made an incredible team.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the lady who was in like 6 films last year?

Zero Dark Thirty looks really good too, seems like the type of film someone would win an oscar for if that makes sense!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes she was. She has more to come this year

Incredible woman. One of the best actresses to have come out in absolute ages. She is so versatile

She was originally meant to play Princess Di but dropped out for some reason
  • RonSwanson92RonSwanson92 Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes she was. She has more to come this year

Incredible woman. One of the best actresses to have come out in absolute ages. She is so versatile

She was originally meant to play Princess Di but dropped out for some reason

She also dropped out of Iron Man 3, so I guess she must have a lot of offers for work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've taken an interest in her work, due to "Lawless" (which I haven't seen yet, but will soon be getting on DVD), but also being a horror fan, there's been some good notices about "Mama", which is her first genre film being released soon.
    She is totally unrecognisable in it, but apparently gives a cracking performance.
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Saw her in Texas Killing Fields too as well as all the above mentioned films..plus the one with Helen Mirren playing the older character..The Debt?..I really like her she is easy to watch and very likable..absolutely loved her in The Help..but then I think all the characters in that film were played to perfection.

I like that she isnt taking the easy route through big box office films..thiunk she may be around for a long time to come because of that.