Doc Martin (Part 14 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Wow, he sounds almost like a different person in each sample ad, and yet he sounds like him.

How on earth did you find this???

I was reading one of the news items about Churchill dropping MC and they mentioned the name of his agent - Independent Talent Group. I thought it would be interesting to look at their website. Interesting that they list Martin for commercials but not for "Presenting". They list Neil Morrissey in the presenter area, but I think I have seem MC do more presenting than Neil.

MC is listed under "Advoice" with this caption: "Accent : Non-specific Styles : Quirky, Recognisable, Warm and friendly. *Very good character voices for Animations." There is a button that takes you to the page with the samples of his voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    I was reading one of the news items about Churchill dropping MC and they mentioned the name of his agent - Independent Talent Group. I thought it would be interesting to look at their website. Interesting that they list Martin for commercials but not for "Presenting". They list Neil Morrissey in the presenter area, but I think I have seem MC do more presenting than Neil.

MC is listed under "Advoice" with this caption: "Accent : Non-specific Styles : Quirky, Recognisable, Warm and friendly. *Very good character voices for Animations." There is a button that takes you to the page with the samples of his voice.

Maybe they don't list him under "Presenting" because the only presenting he does is for his own company, not for hire by others. Just a theory.
    Thanks for letting us know how you found this. It's great!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New poll up on www.docmartinonline.net - Which of Doc Martin's parents is the most vile?

A dark one this week - couldn't think of anything humourous about his parents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC is listed under "Advoice"

Advoice is that a Birmingham helpline?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geoveo wrote: »
    Advoice is that a Birmingham helpline?

:D:D:D:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/6206442/Why-is-Doc-Martin-Britains-No1-drama.html

I don't think I've seen this article before but I bet someone's mentioned it on the forum or the doc martin series blog. It's upbeat about MC and DM with a few insights. Written 29/9/2009 just when series 4 was aired.
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/6206442/Why-is-Doc-Martin-Britains-No1-drama.html

I don't think I've seen this article before but I bet someone's mentioned it on the forum or the doc martin series blog. It's upbeat about MC and DM with a few insights. Written 29/9/2009 just when series 4 was aired.

Hadn't seen this before -- thanks.

Bert as a character from Last of the Summer Wine? cute. I just can't get into that series, unlike most English series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's time for me to go outside and run over a turkey with my car, roast it, and serve it to family, along with potatoes with no salt, a poached egg, fish fresh from the floor with no butter, couscous, and vegetables that leap out of the ground and clean themselves.

No? Okay, I'd better go with a more traditional Thanksgiving meal. I'd better get busy.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in the US!
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's time for me to go outside and run over a turkey with my car, roast it, and serve it to family, along with potatoes with no salt, a poached egg, fish fresh from the floor with no butter, couscous, and vegetables that leap out of the ground and clean themselves.

!

Oh, Biffpup, in the midst of my preparations I took time out to check the posts! This really made me laugh! I know I am going to think about it this afternoon during our meal and probably laugh or at least a broad smile will cross my face and the family is going to look at me and wonder what is going on in my mind!
    Best wishes to all of you in U.S. for a Happy Thanksgiving
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No? Okay, I'd better go with a more traditional Thanksgiving meal. I'd better get busy.

:D:D:D

I love the idea of the American Thanksgiving celebration.
    Best wishes for Thanksgiving to all it you in the US.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's hilarious Biff! Just getting ready to head to my sister's house - whole family will be going there. Hope everyone in US has a great day today.

Thanksgiving is pretty big around here - big parade downtown in the morning and then the Lions always play at home on Thanksgiving so everyone is around the television just before dinner. At halftime today, Kid Rock will be performing and will be backed up by our local high school marching band. I live just a couple blocks from the high school football stadium, so I hear them often :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best Wishes for a Very Happy Thanksgiving Day to All You Guys in the US
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    Best Wishes for a Very Happy Thanksgiving Day to All You Guys in the US

At the risk of getting too saccharine, as one who celebrates Thanksgiving wholeheartedly - I am today grateful for those on this forum whom I've gotten to know and like. You've added another fun dimension to my life. It's been great "talking" with you. Glad the Doc brought us together!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the risk of getting too saccharine, as one who celebrates Thanksgiving wholeheartedly - I am today grateful for those on this forum whom I've gotten to know and like. You've added another fun dimension to my life. It's been great "talking" with you. Glad the Doc brought us together!

Yes it is a great forum.
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In reading this week's fan poll as to which of DM's parents is most vile, I at first wanted to check both parents. Both on further pondering, I voted for his mother. DM could swallow and take his father's statements regarding his son taking this big step backward from being a surgeon to a GP and regarding Auntie Joan, but to have his mother verbally stab him in his heart over and over by informing him that upon his birth, great changes occurred in her relationship with Christopher and she wanted Martin out of her life as much as possible. This is unforgivable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    In reading this week's fan poll as to which of DM's parents is most vile, I at first wanted to check both parents. Both on further pondering, I voted for his mother. DM could swallow and take his father's statements regarding his son taking this big step backward from being a surgeon to a GP and regarding Auntie Joan, but to have his mother verbally stab him in his heart over and over by informing him that upon his birth, great changes occurred in her relationship with Christopher and she wanted Martin out of her life as much as possible. This is unforgivable.

Yes I agree. Tough minded self talk might get you over the father's abuse but can imagine psychological help might be needed to recover from a mother saying that to you. Such a cruel and unnecessary thing to do/say to anyone let alone your son.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ditto

But just don't tell him ! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, statesidefan. That isn't too saccharine at all! I agree with you. I'm so thankful to have found new friends through the forum.

I hope you all had an optimally nutritious Thanksgiving and didn't forget your carbohydrate curfews.

My holiday was wonderful, but now I'm exhausted. Family in town for Thanksgiving included my two adorable little great-nephews here from Birmingham (Alabama, not England). At one point while watching them toddle and run all over the place, making noise, giggling, crying, shrieking, laughing, playing, breaking things, completely into everything, I thought of James Henry at their ages (one is 15 months, the other just turned 3 years old) and pictured Martin trying to keep up with toddler JH. I know filming with a toddler or very young child must be extremely difficult, but how funny would that be?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Yes I agree. Tough minded self talk might get you over the father's abuse but can imagine psychological help might be needed to recover from a mother saying that to you. Such a cruel and unnecessary thing to do/say to anyone let alone your son.

Right. That's why in my somewhat long-winded post about the episode I said it's a wonder Martin didn't end up a serial killer. Dad is horrible, constantly belittling him even as an adult, and presumably also when Martin was a child, but that mother and what she said showed us a cold-hearted, selfish, cruel, evil (word that starts with "b""). I think this explains why he had to build an emotional wall around himself, and why he never learned to communicate with others, except professionally. He's a perfect candidate for some kind of therapy, but, as we saw with young shrink Dr. Doogie Milligan, DM is unable to open up in that kind of situation. It's that wall again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marchrand wrote: »
    Oh, Biffpup, in the midst of my preparations I took time out to check the posts! This really made me laugh! I know I am going to think about it this afternoon during our meal and probably laugh or at least a broad smile will cross my face and the family is going to look at me and wonder what is going on in my mind!
    Best wishes to all of you in U.S. for a Happy Thanksgiving

Hah, did you tell them what was going on in your mind???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's hilarious Biff! Just getting ready to head to my sister's house - whole family will be going there. Hope everyone in US has a great day today.

Thanksgiving is pretty big around here - big parade downtown in the morning and then the Lions always play at home on Thanksgiving so everyone is around the television just before dinner. At halftime today, Kid Rock will be performing and will be backed up by our local high school marching band. I live just a couple blocks from the high school football stadium, so I hear them often :D

I hope you had a wonderful holiday, Shop Girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your finding the row of patios where Stewart destroyed the birdtables blew me away, but when I saw that you'd even found the morgue where DM went to ID Joan's body, I couldn't believe it! Wow!
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right. That's why in my somewhat long-winded post about the episode I said it's a wonder Martin didn't end up a serial killer. Dad is horrible, constantly belittling him even as an adult, and presumably also when Martin was a child, but that mother and what she said showed us a cold-hearted, selfish, cruel, evil (word that starts with "b""). I think this explains why he had to build an emotional wall around himself, and why he never learned to communicate with others, except professionally. He's a perfect candidate for some kind of therapy, but, as we saw with young shrink Dr. Doogie Milligan, DM is unable to open up in that kind of situation. It's that wall again.

As Margaret and Christopher are leaving, Margaret turns to DM and briefly looks like she might say something, but then thought better of it. What possibly might she have thought about saying?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your finding the row of patios where Stewart destroyed the birdtables blew me away, but when I saw that you'd even found the morgue where DM went to ID Joan's body, I couldn't believe it! Wow!

I get an incredible amount of satisfaction in solving these riddles. How sad is that, eh? ;)

I have hope that I will solve a couple more, but there are several that would take a miracle. Down to 10 unidentified now.
This discussion has been closed.