Does anybody watch hardly any tv?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,701
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it just me is anybody like me and watches very little in the way of tv shows? My TV is always on either music, news, Sky Sports News or live football but
I watch little else.

Comments

• Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me is anybody like me and watches very little in the way of tv shows? My TV is always on either music, news, Sky Sports News or live football but
    I watch little else.

I don't actually own a TV...

I do enjoy a lot of TV shows though, and will often watch DVDs of them or stream them online. Breaking Bad, Dexter and Hannibal are my most recent obsessions along with some sitcoms.

But no, I don't ever just have a TV on or watch it unless there is something very specific I want to watch (which isn't much...).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Don't even own a TV box. All my entertainment comes from online. Either I use netflix, on demand services on Roku, Hulu, XBMC or Torrent for what I want to watch. I've ditched expensive monthly cable long time ago.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I barely watch any broadcast TV cos most of it is, well, mind-numbing shite.

Currently watching Mythbusters on Youtube and watching Bones on DVD with the missus.

Only time I really watch live TV is for the F1 and for Top Gear and Doctor Who.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only EastEnders really and the odd football match on freeview. I find it hard to have the patience to watch long tv series (especially long winded US shows like Game of Thrones). I used to have the commitment to watch these shows (was a big X-Files and Prison Break fan) but now I don't. The news dominates television here.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

Currently watching Mythbusters on Youtube and watching Bones on DVD with the missus.

That is on my list of things to watch :)
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    That is on my list of things to watch :)

I like it. It's a little bit formulaic and the adverts for Toyota that they crowbar into later series' are a bit cheesy but, as these things go, it's usually a good watch.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch much either.

Found myself starting to prefer the internet much more than tv a few years ago and whilst I'd have the tv on, it would just be background noise and I was hardly paying attention. When I started hooking my laptop up to the tv so I could watch streaming football on the big screen it wasn't long before I got a wireless keyboard/mouse and kept the laptop perma-plugged into the tv. I now have a desktop PC plugged into it and use the tv as a monitor the vast majority of the time. Got into gaming on it too and don't watch much actual telly at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch a lot of TV. Mostly sport and documentaries. It's snooker heaven at the moment:)
  • archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

Used to be F1 and Top Gear for me too, but the latter only hits the spot sometimes these days. :(
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I can't think of a single TV programme that I make a point of watching.

It's just there in the background and I don't really pay any attention to it... a bit like my missus. ;-)
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I watch quite a lot and am currently watching/listening to a docu about Crosby Stills & Nash on a German tv satellite channel.
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    I never watch any reality TV or adverts or soaps, hardly ever watch ITV apart from the MotoGP and British Superbikes on ITV4. I mostly stick with the BBC as the vast majority of the commercial channels output is rubbish aimed at simpletons.

I particularly dislike programmes where after every advert break they recap on what happened previously, as if I'm too stupid to remember what happened 4 minutes ago, and am fed up with all the background music especially on documentary programmes. The recent series Monkey Planet was so dominated with music that in some scenes I struggled to hear what Dr. McGavin was saying.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watch it ALL THE TIME!!!!!
    from when i get up to when i go to bed
    always have, not gonna change
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch live television shows, but I always have the TV on Box for background noise.

I'm constantly watching TV series on Netflix. My To Watch list is so long, I don't know when I'm ever going to complete it.

My TV is rarely turned off. She's my best friend.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I don't watch much "live" TV anymore besides Doctor Who but I watch plenty of stuff online or on DVD. I like being able to watch something at my convenience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch way too much TV. There really aren't enough hours in the day for everything that I want to watch. It's the only reason I joined DS in the first place, to read about and discuss stuff on the telly.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    I don't watch a lot. There's not much I like. I don't really like dramas, soaps or reality stuff. I do like the occasional documentary and The Walking Dead. My problem is that my attention span is too short to invest into a TV programme, and I get bored of them very quickly. I like Grand Designs though. And Wheeler Dealers.
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Happy Valley was recommended to me, so I caught up with it last night, very good it was too.

I watch the news most days, and HIGNFY, on Fridays, but never really scan the schedule to see what's on, if I'm in the sitting room and some thing interesting comes on , I'll watch it.I saw Gogglebox for the first time last week, that was enjoyable.

''you get born, have a massive bollock,have it removed and then you die''
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch little else.

If that's the case, then why are the overwhelming majority of your threads whining about TV stations?

Did you not bother to check your history before posting this thread?
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We record quite a bit and watch it but not so much as it is actually broadcast.

Sport and one off events being the exception.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch a lot of TV but I do - if that makes sense :)

I do have a good few shows I watch, but my viewing habits have changed somewhat over the years, because i'll basically series link everything and let it record for weeks on end.

During that time i'll usually primarily watch films or i'll be fannying around on my computer or something else along those lines. Then i'll go through a phase of 2 or 3 days where i'll watch things in blocks to catch up, then i'll go back to not watching very much again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing I would watch is the odd football match, I find a lot of TV crap, My TV is always on though, mostly for the kids on Disney Junior, CBeebies etc
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    Have the news on first in the morning while hubby goes to work then the tv stays off all day. There is only one or two shows I watch.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a family we don't watch much TV. OH is that rarity that doesn't like watching sport except the occasional bit of cricket, which he plays, and I record Criminal Minds, Grimm, Modern Family and The Middle and watch when I feel in the mood. Older daughter has her trumpet and dance classes and seems to have a busy social life which doesn't include TV and the little one is allowed to watch some kids programs but not many.

Sometimes we'll watch something or record it and we watch a movie now and again but we have a life that doesn't mean lots of TV.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch little else.

So what is your point? You are too busy ( on here moaning about Facebook and shops that you think will close)
    or you can't find anything to watch?
    I probably watch the same amount as I always have, just different types of programmes. Only soap is Neighbours, then things like Arrow, Person of Interest, pawn stars, salvage hunters, Top of the Pops, The News, sport music and various films. Those saying they don't have a TV then proceed to list things like Netflix etc, you ARE watching TV. It's become a generic word for watching broadcast material. You are not being all edgy and alternative just because you watch TV on a little laptop or phone, you are just missing out on some of the stunning tvs you can get now.