Islam and God threads ENOUGH ALREADY.

FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who thinks all these Islam thread should be moved to the religion forum. Im kind of sick of seeing them every day all day. I'd love for us to discuss other issues as well. I did make a halal meat one regarding pizza express but i am now saying i'd be happy for that to be moved.

I dont know how to poll .

What do you think?

ps The god and christian ones can go too.

Comments

• swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a religion forum!?!
  • FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweh wrote: »

I knoww!!! colour me shocking pink

ps is there one i dont actually know?? LOL.
  • luvuallluvuall Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »
    Who thinks all these Islam thread should be moved to the religion forum. Im kind of sick of seeing them every day all day. I'd love for us to discuss other issues as well. I did make a halal meat one regarding pizza express but i am now saying i'd be happy for that to be moved.

What do you think?

America is in the longest war in its history, with no end in sight, and the enemy is driven by their religion, so arguably this is one of the most important topics of our time (or any time), so this issue does appear to be worthy of discussion, as it's not just a "religious" issue but rather a moral one as well.
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean enough after this one. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luvuall wrote: »
    America is in the longest war in its history, with no end in sight, and the enemy is driven by their religion, so arguably this is one of the most important topics of our time (or any time), so this issue does appear to be worthy of discussion, as it's not just a "religious" issue but rather a moral one as well.

You just made a thread about the religion itself. Nothing to do with america or war.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luvuall wrote: »

Surely that's more an argument for putting most of them in Politics?
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a religion forum? :confused:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, DS have already said there will be no religion sub-forum so I'm afraid we're stuck with the non-religious reminding us over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again how much they hate religion ..

And Islam ..

And Muslims ..

And religion ..
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes let's send all those religious threads a shytey brick eh? That's always good for gigglesnorts, I hear. Anyway, if people want to start or debate on religious threads that's fine by me, there's plenty of room in DS general for all.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

What do you think?

ps The god and christian ones can go too.

Ah, nice to see that as an afterthought. 'Cos, y'know, you missed out that in your response on the other thread that now appears to be in the process of getting deleted.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »

No :( i just assumed, made an arse of myself but there should be one :D
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly is. More commonly known as General Discussion, but AFAICT, it's the Religion forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, nice to see that as an afterthought. 'Cos, y'know, you missed out that in your response on the other thread that now appears to be in the process of getting deleted.:D

i will raise my hands and say i did it guv'nor and i ain't ashamed :D
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    i will raise my hands and say i did it guv'nor and i ain't ashamed :D

Bloody partisan! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody partisan! :D

Whats worse is when discussing it i called it the QUORN. Typo :blush::blush::blush:
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    The god and christian ones can go too.

Jealous of 10,000+ posts? :D

It's got my name on it by accident but it's doing just fine, we're not even a clique yet!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be warned though, if you confine the religious threads to a sub-forum, you'll have to put up with accusations of being "afraid" of religion or discussing religion.

The non-religious don't seem to realise how exceedingly tedious they can be y'see :D
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people keep complaining about this? Just don't click on the bloody thread! It's not that difficult.
    Some people like to discuss religion. Let them. No-one is forcing you to read the threads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Jealous of 10,000+ posts? :D

It's got my name on it by accident but it's doing just fine, we're not even a clique yet!

ahha with my speed typing skills if i didnt work i could get there ! :D

My main point was about 6/7threads all discussing Islam couldnt they just be merged, the God/christian one seems to do ok like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    You mean enough after this one. ;-)

Good one!
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people keep complaining about this? Just don't click on the bloody thread! It's not that difficult.
    Some people like to discuss religion. Let them. No-one is forcing you to read the threads.

Exactly. Let the people just get on with what they like doing and ignore the bits you are not interested in. It's not a personal forum.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    couldnt they just be merged, the God/christian one seems to do ok like that.

Thanks Faithy, it does exactly what it says on the tin. Keeping clutter off the DS:GD front page since 2014.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweh wrote: »

There ought to be. So many religion related threads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Thanks Faithy, it does exactly what it says on the tin. Keeping clutter off the DS:GD front page since 2014.

It would make sense but probably be hard work for the mods i imagine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently, to some people, being "annoyed by Frozen" is more of a priority worth discussing than war or innocent girls getting kidnapped/raped? Your thoughts?