More bad service from the Royal Mail

13»

Comments

• well2dowell2do Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonbaby wrote: »
    Yesterday I ordered a book from Amazon, I paid extra for garunteed next day delivary as I expected to be at home.

Well this morning something came up suddenly and I had to go out. Now I expect my parcel to be delivared at this time so I just thought I'd go down to the sorting office this afternnon to collect it as you would normally when you miss a delivary.

I get back and find that I have just missed the postman. But when I checked the card that they have put through the door it says I have to wait 24 hours before collecting my book!:mad:

Should have made sure someone was at home while you were out then :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get back and find that I have just missed the postman. But when I checked the card that they have put through the door it says I have to wait 24 hours before collecting my book!:mad:

I am absoloutley fuming about this! Why the hell do I have to wait 24 hours?! It does not take 24 hours to take a parcel to a sorting office does it? Its yet more bad service from RM. They obviousley don't care about their customers.
    In my experience you never have to wait any longer than a few hours before collecting missed items from the main PO; I suppose they have to say 24 hours to cover themselves. If this happens again, go to the PO the same evening and they should have your item waiting for you.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    Do most sorting offices close at midday? I didn't know that, mine closes at 6:00/7:00pm and it opens at 7:00am! :confused:
  • SofaSlobSofaSlob Posts: 2,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Do most sorting offices close at midday? I didn't know that, mine closes at 6:00/7:00pm and it opens at 7:00am! :confused:

It depends on the size and services supplied by the sorting office, You probably live in a major postal town,

My local one closes at 12pm but the next town is open til 7pm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know my neighbours. I trust them. If he had left it with them and left me a card telling me so it would have been fine.

Just reading this thread from yesterday through and had to say something.

If you had to go out, and were happy that your parcel could be left with your neighbour, why the hell didn't you put a card taped to your door saying "Please leave parcel with next door neighbour?" I've done that before with no problem. It just takes a bit of effort that's all, and perhaps knock on your neighbour's door and ask them if they would mind looking out for it. :)

I'd like to praise Royal Mail here. I received a jiffy bag package, posted by someone in Lancashire at 7.15pm on Monday night, with a 2nd class stamp on it, at 9 am on Tuesday morning. Can't beat that in my book. :)
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flicker wrote: »
    I'd like to praise Royal Mail here. I received a jiffy bag package, posted by someone in Lancashire at 7.15pm on Monday night, with a 2nd class stamp on it, at 9 am on Tuesday morning. Can't beat that in my book. :)
    Indeed. I remember once posting a package (an eBay sale) from here in rural south-west Scotland at around 5 pm, and then the next day getting a phone call from the recipient in the Isle of Wight thanking me for the speedy service. I'd sent the package just by first-class mail too, not Special Delivery.

As usual, we're quick to moan about services but slow to praise.