Joe Jackson interview on Larry King ...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
Forum Member
✭✭
I really don't know what to say :confused:

Finding out MJ was in the hospital by fans and he doesn't seem to think that there is anything odd about that and has no idea where Michaels body is! .....

Pt 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_QwC6-603E

Pt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNmWXPUMVQ0

Pt 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-iIVCjsI70

Pt 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipmt-40MSEI

Comments

• Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm baffled how he cannot know where his Michael is. I'm starting to think this man seriously not right in the head.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either he knows more than he was willing to say or he really knew squat about his own son :confused:
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,928
    Forum Member
    I'm baffled how he cannot know where his Michael is. I'm starting to think this man seriously not right in the head.

The red carpet BET Awards provided a clue,

Joe: 'I got to tell you about my new record label.......'

Strange that apparently suing over the death of Michael for the same sum of money the promoter said could have been made from the Jackson reunion next year.

Don't you wish you had a father like him who beats you for your own good, that insults the way you look, so that you end up fearful of him but are respectful of others, are drug free and don't become fixated by plastic surgery due to a complex about the way you look.

The man's a genius.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is an old guy, so maybe he isn't quite all there nowadays and his logic could be a bit skewed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    Joe Jackson is a worthless piece of cr@p.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you think that maybe....members of the Jackson family are keeping the intrigue alive about this whole foul play scanario? They want attention and intrigue...have you noticed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe Jackson might be an old geyser, but he's got all his nasty faculties! He said on LK that he doesn't want to make his grandchildren into stars! Let's wait a couple of weeks after everything's died down! He is a monster a complete waste of space! He couldn't even say sorry about calling MJ 'fat nose' and would not apologise for beating his sons with a belt...he doesn't think this is child abuse!
    The monster's off his head!

The sooner those lovely children get moved far away from his as possible the better...but where? Someone needs to step up and be their guardians before it's too late!:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Joe Jackson might be an old geyser, but he's got all his nasty faculties! He said on LK that he doesn't want to make his grandchildren into stars! Let's wait a couple of weeks after everything's died down! He is a monster a complete waste of space! He couldn't even say sorry about calling MJ 'fat nose' and would not apologise for beating his sons with a belt...he doesn't think this is child abuse!
    The monster's off his head!

The sooner those lovely children get moved far away from his as possible the better...but where? Someone needs to step up and be their guardians before it's too late!:(

I was born in 1974 and me and my sister was hit with a leather belt across our bums if we misbehaved. I am a girl also, our father did this to us and even though it was quite harsh looking back i don't consider it child abuse. Back then teachers took you to the school office and hit you with a slipper or ruler.
    Times have changed but i can honestly say me and my sister have turned out ok, it's my daughters generation that worries me, (she is now 14 years old) as they have no respect for their elders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Arthur CucumberArthur Cucumber Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    sweetpea12 wrote: »
    I was born in 1974 and me and my sister was hit with a leather belt across our bums if we misbehaved. I am a girl also, our father did this to us and even though it was quite harsh looking back i don't consider it child abuse. Back then teachers took you to the school office and hit you with a slipper or ruler.
    Times have changed but i can honestly say me and my sister have turned out ok, it's my daughters generation that worries me, (she is now 14 years old) as they have no respect for their elders.

As you say, you were punished when you misbehaved. The Jacksons were belted if they got a dance step wrong or didn't quite hit the right note. I think that makes all the difference sadly. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Joe Jackson used to beat his kids during rehearsals, dancing, singing - when and if they did something incorrectly. Not because of bad behaviour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Hera wrote: »
    Joe Jackson used to beat his kids during rehearsals, dancing, singing - when and if they did something incorrectly. Not because of bad behaviour.

Yes i hear what you are saying but my point is that was the norm back then, people hit their kids. Im not saying it was ok but it happened.
    On the Bashir documentary, MJ spoke about his dad hitting them and he said he was the lucky one, he was the example the othes had to follow and clearly said he did'nt get it as bad as his brothers as he was naturally talented.
    He contradicts himself alot..!!:rolleyes:
  • NathalieRNathalieR Posts: 16,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes i hear what you are saying but my point is that was the norm back then, people hit their kids. Im not saying it was ok but it happened.
    On the Bashir documentary, MJ spoke about his dad hitting them and he said he was the lucky one, he was the example the othes had to follow and clearly said he did'nt get it as bad as his brothers as he was naturally talented.

I think its down to the child as well though. He was much younger than his brothers and seemed a very sensitive child and also was teased a lot about his appearance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched that interview a few days ago, and it shocked me how Joe Jackson shows no compassion at all, to be honest he looked as if he didn't give a damn his son had just died. He certainly doesn't show it anyway. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,087
    Forum Member
    I am glad he put the putting them into showbiz rumour to rest. And he also vaguely confirms that he no longer lives with Katherine but are still married. At least confirms I got my facts right there. I like to be as correct as I can once I've got the most direct facts than the hearsay. Thanks very much for posting OP. :)

Watching the further parts I think the people around him didn't allow his family access to MJ, but I'm not totally sure it was foul play yet. MJ was the authour of his own destiny on this, it's unfortunate but those seem the facts so far. Not that I think it was AEG that stopped access it may well of been MJ himself his counsellor on TV msnbc said he moved around a lot to avoid people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I'm stunned that nobody mentioned Joe checking his cellphone (complete with a duck quack ringtone) in the middle of the interview. It was pretty special. I just think that this man should make future statements via a publicist from this point onwards. People seem to like him less every time he speaks.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    The guy is a nutjob :eek: No wonder he made MJ and Janet wanna Scream
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think it's the 'NORM' at all. I was the same age as MJ give or take a year or 3, but to discipline someone for doing a wrong dance move in my opinion is child abuse and now the man should suffer the consequences, he's got away with it for to long!:mad:
  • bobbydbobbyd Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise x wrote: »
    I watched that interview a few days ago, and it shocked me how Joe Jackson shows no compassion at all, to be honest he looked as if he didn't give a damn his son had just died. He certainly doesn't show it anyway. :rolleyes:

I just watched the interview. The lack of compassion is startling - a hard man. I felt uncomfortable at the LK line of questions ... do you regret the way you treated him when he was young, would you do things different, do you feel guilty ? All curious questions in people's minds, but totally the wrong things to ask directly within a month of his son's death - whatever your opinion of JJ. But Joe's reaction was not what I expected, quite cold and nonchalent. It could be defended by him being exhausted having been asked this for years, but he seems more like a proud, stubborn & ruthless man to me.
    On the child discipline thing, I agree with people saying it's today's better standards and intolerence being placed retrospectively on what was more the norm in those days. The way MJ relayed the story in the Bashir interview - the wry smile - seemed like he finally felt he got one over the father who still believed he should have mental control over him and have a say in his career. It just seems they never broke away from the artist / manager relationship they'd had since he was born pratically, to be simply a father & son - very sad.