Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I follow Danny Baker on Twitter, and one day he said he was off to Waterstones in Greenwich to attend his friend's children's book promotion. I live in the area and wanted to get his book. He was very charming at being "mugged" and insisted on posing for wacky photos and signing my copy. And, he was wearing massive headphones, he really is a music-addict.

In the past, I've met Captain Sensible, chief of the Damned on several occasions. I roadied for my mate's punk band who supported a side-project of his called the Doctor Space Toad Experience, on 4-or five gigs in the North. Not only is he a brilliant musician-totally under-rated-he is a charming,gentle,witty, erudite man, a joy to meet. A strict veggie, loves rabbits and proper beer.
  • MoffgalMoffgal Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Met Jarvis Cocker years ago, lovely chap. My friend asked him for an autograph and he wrote her a poem!

Davina Macall was lovely too, met her just before BB started.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard some odd things about Kate Bush recently. Seemingly she is trying to block a public right of way and a beach in Devon, where she has a second home, and is so obsessed with her privacy she even went up in a helicopter to see if people were looking into her garden. Also she seems to go ballistic if anyone catches a glimpse of her in garden in her main home.
    However, the singer usually is kind to her closest friends and perfectly fine with fans at occasional conventions. It's just she can't stand anyone near her private world.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    i met sam neill (jurassic park, the dish, the piano etc) years ago and he was absolutely lovely, he couldn't have been nicer and was ever so much better looking in real life....
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    i met sam neill (jurassic park, the dish, the piano etc) years ago and he was absolutely lovely, he couldn't have been nicer and was ever so much better looking in real life....

Oooh, lucky you - I love Sam Neill! *jealous* ;):D
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Heard some odd things about Kate Bush recently. Seemingly she is trying to block a public right of way and a beach in Devon, where she has a second home, and is so obsessed with her privacy she even went up in a helicopter to see if people were looking into her garden. Also she seems to go ballistic if anyone catches a glimpse of her in garden in her main home.
    However, the singer usually is kind to her closest friends and perfectly fine with fans at occasional conventions. It's just she can't stand anyone near her private world.

I don't think there's anything odd about someone wanting to respect their privacy.
    Forum Member
    Oooh, lucky you - I love Sam Neill! *jealous* ;):D

:D:D i have to say i was totally swoonified by him, all i can say is he must be reaaaaally unphotogenic because in real life he was dazzling!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D i have to say i was totally swoonified by him, all i can say is he must be reaaaaally unphotogenic because in real life he was dazzling!

Always remember reading a story that when he was looking for a slogan for the wine he produces he said it should be ''Two Paddocks - it gets you pi$$ed!''.

A sense of humour as well as being a lovely bloke. He has it all!
    Forum Member
    Always remember reading a story that when he was looking for a slogan for the wine he produces he said it should be ''Two Paddocks - it gets you pi$$ed!''.

A sense of humour as well as being a lovely bloke. He has it all!

oh i'd not heard that anecdote that's great!!!
  • lakeslakes Posts: 4,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rylan, Great guy, very funny and talks to everyone but he is 100 mile an hour right now lol
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lucky you - the lovely Mr Neill has been a long term crush of mine I've got to say since the 80s.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair, her neighbours sound like a horrible bunch, there were rumours spread that she was in an incestuous relationship with her child. Who would want to interact with nasty-minded gossips?
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    mike1948 wrote: »
    Of the four most popular British female singers in the 1960s, only Dusty and Petula had significant success in the US, the best test of an artist. Their singing ability was head and shoulders above that of Ciila and Lulu.

Cilla's big advantage was that she had a great record producer in George Martin and some good songs, although some were cover versions on American hits. Her version of the Righteous Brothers' You Lost That Lovin' Feeling was very inferior to theirs. Luckily the record buying public realised it too.

Arguably Cilla had greater success as a TV personality than as a singer.

I don't like Dusty's voice that much and prefer Cilla's, when she was at the top of her game (pre nose-job). That's my preference but thanks for your response anyway.

For me Cilla's version of "I've been wrong before" is miles ahead of Dusty's for example. You will disagree, as will most others but that's fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I don't like Dusty's voice that much and prefer Cilla's, when she was at the top of her game (pre nose-job). That's my preference but thanks for your response anyway.

For me Cilla's version of "I've been wrong before" is miles ahead of Dusty's for example. You will disagree, as will most others but that's fine.

Dear or dear! I think you need a good clear out of your ear holes.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    Dear or dear! I think you need a good clear out of your ear holes.

You're very rude. Therefore you need to learn some manners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    You're very rude. Therefore you need to learn some manners.

Ok I'll admit to being rude. Will you admit to having bad taste in music?
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I'll admit to being rude. Will you admit to having bad taste in music?

Can I admit to both, with some questionable taste in clothing taken into consideration please?

:o
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    To be fair, her neighbours sound like a horrible bunch, there were rumours spread that she was in an incestuous relationship with her child. Who would want to interact with nasty-minded gossips?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1749646

Couldn't resist ;)
  • DaughterqueenDaughterqueen Posts: 143
    Forum Member

I love dusty to bits but yes I agree Cilla was great on some songs - make your garden grow, surround yourself with sorrow, Liverpool lullaby and of course Alfie
  • lolacolalolacola Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    My Dad works at the SECC in Glasgow, and last week One Direction were there for two nights. For their second sound check my dad invited my six year old Niece and her friends down to watch. They were going to the show that night so came down early. I took them down and was a little concerned that the boys wouldn't be nice to my Niece and her friends, but as soon as they were done with sound check then came to the side of the stage and took pictures. All of them but Liam who was doing some sort of radio interview on his phone. They spend about five minutes chatting to them and couldn't have been nicer.

Because my Niece and her friends we're early for the show they stayed backstage where my dad was working. There they bumped into Louis and Harry again as they were walking around and had another chat with them. Louis is my Nieces fav and made an extra fuss over her. As I said I was expecting them to be five little brats, but they really did surprise me.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's quite refreshing to hear.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Credit where it's due,as much as it pains me to say that.:(
    Unlike Justin Bieber who's done himself no favours at all this week..........:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister and I met Charles Kelley from Lady Antebellum after their BBCR2 in concert show (the other two went straight to the car) a few months ago, he was really lovely to us and graciously posed for a picture. I met Hillary Scott briefly at another point & she was really nice too. They were probably running late for something the evening I met Charles, or just tired. Lovely man though, wish we could have chatted longer :D
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Went to a party a short while ago and met Kelvin Fletcher. (Private party, at a private house, just a group of friends and friends-of-friends. Not some big celeb-fest!)

Am pleased to confirm the rumours that i) he really is a lovely guy, and ii) he doesn't photograph well. I've always thought he looks a bit odd in photos, but in the flesh he is very handsome indeed.
  • Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there's anything odd about someone wanting to respect their privacy.
    Jerrica09 wrote: »

Also, back in the eighties, she was being stalked by a music journalist (who I won't name because it might be libelous) - so it's not surprising if she's paranoid about her privacy.