• swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    was that Simon Dee ?.....
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    The mum is sad, seeing the noodles crisp up making her day...
    I don't think she was being entirely literal. And she seems fine to me - just not someone who thinks her destiny is to be in a kitchen or was that interested in domesticity.
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did use to put the milk outside to keep cold, especially in the winter. If not then it would be in a bowl of cold water.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    Wonder if the dog does 1960s style white crap

:o Don't be filthy. :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    I think her background does need checking! ;-):D

:D:D:D
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Bread knife for chopping again!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is still using a bread knife to cut her vegetables...that is so dangerous.

Hmmm surely you don't need a book to tell you how to cook a ratatouie thingy.. I just bung in the vegetables and cook...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mothers Pride bread... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet they're going to get into their jammies and have a pillow fight and giggle about boys........

I've seen the video......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did use to put the milk outside to keep cold, especially in the winter. If not then it would be in a bowl of cold water.

:o Really. I'm sure we had a fridge even in the 60's. I'm obviously from a far more privileged background than I've ever thought. :D
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »

Looked like him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o Really. I'm sure we had a fridge even in the 60's. I'm obviously from a far more privileged background than I've ever thought. :D

I'm trying to think whether my grandparents had a fridge or not, although it was late 60's early 70's when I lived with them.. We used to have to go shopping everyday for meat that I do remember. I actually do think there was a fridgidaire, as it was called then :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we were a bit behind in Lancs where I grew up because all these 60s things I associate with the 70s.......

I think we were still living the 50s in the 60s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey wonder how long it took the mum to do her beehive hairdo every morning.. :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Blimey wonder how long it took the mum to do her beehive hairdo every morning.. :D

Got a feeling someone did it for her. She would have gone into melt down if she did it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we were a bit behind in Lancs where I grew up because all these 60s things I associate with the 70s.......

That might be what happened to me too, I can so relate to everything they have but I remember the early 70's (born in 1968). Maybe my grandparents were behind the times too :D
  • nellieknelliek Posts: 10,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty certain it was. :)

Now Katharine Whitehorn. Had one of her cookbooks in my bedsit.

I've totally lost count of the number of times I've gone 'I remember' this evening. :D
    Forum Member

I think we were too, we didnt have a bathroom in the 60s and out toilet was in the corner of the kitchen, we lived in 3 rooms, I liken it more to the slums in call the midwife to this programme, this is all very middle class I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha and she was moaning there was nothing to do, that must have kept her busy! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep thinking the mum looks much older than she is..or has an older attitude. Or is it because she is so used to modern life that anything apart from that is alien to her..
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see last weeks, may have to get it on catch up as I enjoyed that. Especially the seemingly clueless family :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha and she was moaning there was nothing to do, that must have kept her busy! ;-)

In the article, that Bella posted, I did read that she slept sitting upright because she was afraid of spoiling it..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I didn't see last weeks, may have to get it on catch up as I enjoyed that. Especially the seemingly clueless family :D

Seriously they were worse last week..they have got a bit better this week. Although boiling the corned beef with the veggies to make a corned beef hash was definately weird!!
    Forum Member
    Well I enjoyed that again, the 70s will be groovy :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Well I enjoyed that again, the 70s will be groovy :D

And psychadelic :D Sorry if it's spelt wrong..lol