Vikesh Champaneri

124»

Comments

• CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was certainly edited to look like a materialistic diva in his VT, which was disappointing. I do think he's a nice person though, as he was shown to be really polite and supportive of his fellow acts previously.

My main problem was with his performance. He was one my favoured acts going into the live shows, but that was a total mess and made for really uncomfortable viewing. They made him look like a camp Quasimodo at a twisted Alice in Wonderland themed party.

Hoping he goes back to normal 'Vikesh' next week, both in terms of styling and singing.

Totally agree about the Alice in Wonderland comparison. It was as if he had entered the mad world of Will-i-am and he needs to get back to the simple pure singer he was during the song choices he made. The judges sometimes ruin their acts - and I think Will is often the worst culprit.
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vikesh tends to show what he's thinking and how he's feeling which isn't always a good thing especially on stage. Sometimes he looks a bit over anxious but fortunately it doesn't seem to effect his singing too much.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    margarita wrote: »
    Well, that was my personal opinion. That's how i feel him.
    I can only judge from what i see on tv.

And how did you come to this conclusion?

May I also add he is the only one who is yet to use a sob story or play on his looks and he has 2 good sob stories

1) His family don't fully support him

2) His mum has not long ago had a stroke
  • margaritamargarita Posts: 86
    Forum Member

May I also add he is the only one who is yet to use a sob story or play on his looks and he has 2 good sob stories

As i said earlier, that's how personally i feel about him after hearing and seeing him every weekend.

Talking about a sob story: the fact that his family don't support him and his mum's health problem don't automatically make him a nice person, right? I'm really sorry to hear about his mum though.

Also, i generally don't like when they start telling all those sob stories. Everyone has problems, any kinds of problems, but you shouldn't talk about them on tv, there are people who would feel sorry and vote for you only cause they felt sorry. And it seems to me, Will.i.am knowingly asked Vikesh about his family during the battles (before or after he "stole" him, i don't remember), so everyone would know about his problem. I just think that's a bit unfair towards other singers.

P.S. Once again, that is only my personal opinion.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people assuming his family aren't supporting him? Perhaps there is a good reason they can't be there in person.
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    margarita wrote: »
    As i said earlier, that's how personally i feel about him after hearing and seeing him every weekend.

Talking about a sob story: the fact that his family don't support him and his mum's health problem don't automatically make him a nice person, right? I'm really sorry to hear about his mum though.

Also, i generally don't like when they start telling all those sob stories. Everyone has problems, any kinds of problems, but you shouldn't talk about them on tv, there are people who would feel sorry and vote for you only cause they felt sorry. And it seems to me, Will.i.am knowingly asked Vikesh about his family during the battles (before or after he "stole" him, i don't remember), so everyone would know about his problem. I just think that's a bit unfair towards other singers.

P.S. Once again, that is only my personal opinion.

I agree with this, but in their defence I think they are asked by the producers to talk a bit about themselves and their life story in the VTs, hence why we always hear bullying, etc, sob stories from some of them.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    Why are people assuming his family aren't supporting him? Perhaps there is a good reason they can't be there in person.

He said he doesnt have there full support
  • StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith Alken has asked Vikesh to play at Glastonbury, according to the tabloids!
  • Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member

as i posted earlier his family looked quite happy eariler when then showed his dad carrying his bags
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith Alken has asked Vikesh to play at Glastonbury, according to the tabloids!

https://timesflowstemmed.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/hattie-jacques.jpeg